shape
carat
color
clarity

Age of Love?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
The "Under 40" and "Over 40" threads in here right now remind me of this show "Age of Love". I hate the concept of it, it is just so silly and I hate how every single time they remind you it''s the "20s vs the 40s". They were even separated by living on different floors...yep, the girls on their 20s lived on the 20th floor, the girls on their 40s lived on the 40th floor. They have all the stereotypes for each group of women and the whole concept bothers me...

And yet, I can''t stop watching!!!!! It''s my new guilty pleasure...haha

Anyone else sucked in??

M~

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw about 2 minutes of that show a few weeks ago and I honestly thought it was a joke at first. I haven''t revisited it since and don''t plan to, imo it''s a ridiculous concept for a show, reality or not.
20.gif
I''m 30 this year, I don''t need to be filling my head with this kind of nonsense...I''m already lamenting the past and dreading the future as it is, LOL!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I used to be afraid of aging until my best friends fabulously beautiful mother (73 years old...she was over 40 when she had my friend) told me her "30''s were my favorite decade. No wait....my forties..Actually my 50''s were more fun than all of them put together..Noooo....my 60s were immensely satisfying. Actually, I''m really enjoying my 70''s. "

She is luminous, vibrant, interesting, healthy, and gorgeous. She eats well, gets her rest, wears sunscreen. No plastic surgery so far.

So I''m 36 and don''t feel that much different than I did in my 20''s. Better actually.

I''m sure my 40s will rock....its all in your attitude.

My dh says "nothing is hotter than a beautiful 40 or 50 year old woman who has taken care of herself & has self confidence & that inner glow" or his other saying "any 20 year old can be hot...but a beautiful 50 year old woman is a work of art". (he doesn''t like the plastic surgery look tho'', has to be natural, with a few wrinkles & grey hair)

It''s easy to be ok with aging when your DH gets that women of all ages can be appealing.

Personally, I think women 35 and up have something to offer that younger women don''t yet...its part of the journey...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 1:06:00 AM
Author: divergrrl

My dh says ''nothing is hotter than a beautiful 40 or 50 year old woman who has taken care of herself & has self confidence & that inner glow'' or his other saying ''any 20 year old can be hot...but a beautiful 50 year old woman is a work of art''. (he doesn''t like the plastic surgery look tho'', has to be natural, with a few wrinkles & grey hair)

It''s easy to be ok with aging when your DH gets that women of all ages can be appealing.

Personally, I think women 35 and up have something to offer that younger women don''t yet...its part of the journey...

Well said, divergrrl! Here''s to all of us 35+ and still going strong gals! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results