shape
carat
color
clarity

after looking around on PS for a while (all day)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
I feel like I chose an itty bitty diamond. It''s a .71 carat, princess (it seems to be that princess appears to be smaller than rounds).... The biggest diamond I have ever owned was a .33 carat round...so I thought by choosing a .71 i was going to feel like it was huge....but now I am having second thoughts and the ring is on its way from WF already....just needed to vent...and cry....

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
dont worry some of us have smaller rocks...

look back at mine.. tis a lovely little sparkler of a .3ct RB from WF :)

Size aint everything... (or so she tells me!)

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Don''t worry...your ring will be perfect for you!

I love my diamond, a 1.01 RB; we could have gone bigger, but then we wouldn''t have had money for trips, dinner out, movies, etc. Being realistic is part of the process of getting an engagement ring.

I think you have to remember that when you look at this website, you are looking posts from people who love diamonds, its a hobby and a passion. I''ve learned so much here and appreciate the beautiful diamonds, and enjoy the excitement of those who see diamond hunting as a sport. Take a step back and appreciate your lovely diamond, and don''t compare it to what you see posted. We are all at different places in our lives, and maybe someday you''ll want to upgrade your diamond, but for now, it seems like it''s perfect for you.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 1:39:42 PM
Author:IHeartWF
I feel like I chose an itty bitty diamond. It''s a .71 carat, princess (it seems to be that princess appears to be smaller than rounds).... The biggest diamond I have ever owned was a .33 carat round...so I thought by choosing a .71 i was going to feel like it was huge....but now I am having second thoughts and the ring is on its way from WF already....just needed to vent...and cry....
Aww, I''m sorry you''re having second thoughts. But chances are, it''s just that and when you see it you will love it
1.gif
Pricescope can sometimes skew your perspective of what size diamond you want or need, and what size the rest of the world has, but I''m sure your .71 will be stunning and be amazingly sparkly and just perfect for you. I unfortunately tend to have second thoughts once I have made a purchase (much like those you are describing) but trust me, it''s probably just your mind playing tricks on you, so just wait it out and you''ll realize you made the right choice. Please post pics when you get it, I''m sure it will be awesome!!
9.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
I looked at the "Less than 1 carat" thread and realized that I should wait to see it on my hand before I make any rash decisions....I am sure it''s going to be beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for the support!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never understsand why people second guess their own size purchases after seeing PS images.

I mean in reality you knew there were bigger diamonds out there right? 1c, 2c, 3c, 4c, 5c, 10c, 20c? Somewhere out in the world...bigger diamonds were living happy lives.

So just by seeing them online whether by images or excitement, what? Suddenly it...makes it more real to you?
33.gif

I am really very curious here as to why that is. Obviously your .71 is what made your heart sing, it''s double what you had, and if it is from WF then it''s probably exceptional...so why have second thoughts now just on SIZE? not beauty, or color or clarity which to me are more valid, but SIZE?

size is just so relative...while the other c''s are not IMO. Get your new diamond/ring, ENJOY IT and then if you still feel the need to go larger in 6 months or a year, take advatantage of the WF upgrade policy and get something bigger. size is something that is easily changeable should you really believe in it.

But please, to you and all others who happen upon PS, do not let someone saying ''I love 3c stones'' (like me!) turn your joy over your new ring or stone into second thoughts! Or else I will really have to slap you around!
9.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 6:17:34 PM
Author: Mara
I never understsand why people second guess their own size purchases after seeing PS images.

I mean in reality you knew there were bigger diamonds out there right? 1c, 2c, 3c, 4c, 5c, 10c, 20c? Somewhere out in the world...bigger diamonds were living happy lives.

So just by seeing them online whether by images or excitement, what? Suddenly it...makes it more real to you?
33.gif

I am really very curious here as to why that is. Obviously your .71 is what made your heart sing, it''s double what you had, and if it is from WF then it''s probably exceptional...so why have second thoughts now just on SIZE? not beauty, or color or clarity which to me are more valid, but SIZE?

size is just so relative...while the other c''s are not IMO. Get your new diamond/ring, ENJOY IT and then if you still feel the need to go larger in 6 months or a year, take advatantage of the WF upgrade policy and get something bigger. size is something that is easily changeable should you really believe in it.

But please, to you and all others who happen upon PS, do not let someone saying ''I love 3c stones'' (like me!) turn your joy over your new ring or stone into second thoughts! Or else I will really have to slap you around!
9.gif
I had mentioned in another post, that I don''t think that I could ever "upgrade" simply because I want to look at the diamond and remember how we started out....

Sure I knew there were bigger diamonds out there, i just didn''t know that normal people owned 3 carat stones....ya know...it''s awe inspiring.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, please don''t feel bad, I personally don''t know anyone with a 3 carat stone or even a 2 carat stone. Do you? Most people have 1 carat or less. The people on Pricescope are real diamond lovers & are not the norm so don''t think you have to be like that. Pricescope is an invaluable tool on diamond education regarding, cut, color, clarity, price etc but don''t use it as your guide to size. I think as long as you get a diamond with a super ideal cut it almost doesn''t matter what size it is because it will be sparkly & that''s what you want to see the most. Don''t forget that there''s so much more to beauty than owning a diamond! Theres necklaces, bracelets, clothes, make up etc. So many other things to make you happy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
IHeartWf,
I''m sorry you are having second thoughts, I''m sure your .71 from Whiteflash will be exceptionally beautful!! Most of us here on PS didn''t start out with large stones. I have been married for 19 years and waited a long time for my upgrade!! I can''t wait to see your beautiful ring.
36.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
i have pretty much gotten over having second thoughts....thanks to everyone here!!! You guys are great!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no......shrinkage syndrome already
6.gif
don''t forget, girls here aren''t normal people
9.gif
or else they wouldn''t be here.
2.gif
the avg e-ring in the U.S. is about .75 ct but,teh avg e-ring on P.S.(i''m guessing) is about 1.25 ct and growing by the minute.
31.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2005 3:33:27 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Oh no......shrinkage syndrome already
6.gif
don''t forget, girls here aren''t normal people
9.gif
or else they wouldn''t be here.
2.gif
the avg e-ring in the U.S. is about .75 ct but,teh avg e-ring on P.S.(i''m guessing) is about 1.25 ct and growing by the minute.
31.gif
I got over it
2.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
I was so out of my mind, when I wrote this!!!! It''s perfect...in every sense of the word!!!!
36.gif
35.gif
3.gif
9.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2005 4
6.gif
9:23 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I am so glad (my new Princess
28.gif

But soon the shrinkage factor will set in and I am sure you will find WF''s trade up policy very attractive.
You sound like a diamond pusher....."ohhh, look at this one....it''s soooo HUGE!! You know you want it...come on who cares if it''s J in color....put a second mortgage on the house, atleast you will have this diamond to show for it."
Come on now...can''t you just be happy for a girl?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you will love your ring - it is only natural to second guess decisions - enjoy your new princess and wear it in good health
36.gif
35.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2005 10:39:14 PM
Author: IHeartWF

Date: 4/11/2005 4
6.gif
9:23 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I am so glad (my new Princess
28.gif

But soon the shrinkage factor will set in and I am sure you will find WF''s trade up policy very attractive.
You sound like a diamond pusher.....''ohhh, look at this one....it''s soooo HUGE!! You know you want it...come on who cares if it''s J in color....put a second mortgage on the house, atleast you will have this diamond to show for it.''
Come on now...can''t you just be happy for a girl?
ha ha ha - just look at your Avatar
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

who needs to push you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

enjoy it, buy lottery tickets and who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results