shape
carat
color
clarity

After almost three years I finally named my ring

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha so I have to tag @lulu_ma who has been haranguing me for years to come up with a name. Usually names just come naturally to me but they are pretty closely related to the thing (so not terribly creative) so Chippy for my diamond I love despite having a chip, Frenchie for my French band; the most exciting is "Viridis" for my green tourm but it basically means 'green". I usually prefer names that aren't people names (same goes for when I name pets). Anyway for some reason nothing ever came to me for main diamond ring that I wear almost each day. Well, lately I have been having some sleep troubles (grrr) and so in an attempt to fall asleep I would cycle names through my head to see if one stuck. I went through various letters of the alphabet; still nothing stuck. Finally, today, it just came to me out of the blue - Petra. It's perfect; it is simple and just means "rock". :lol: :lol: :lol: It's not a common person's name in the US. Also, my son loves rocks and minerals and hunts for artifacts, so I like that about it too. In fact, in honor of the naming, I took some pictures of Petra, nestled onto some of his rocks - these are bifaces that he has found over the years and they basically have formed a rock garden around our house. So I hope PS will forgive additional photos since I did a SMTB thread years ago. But re-welcome Petra :)

IMG_7959.jpg IMG_7965 (1).jpg IMG_7967.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE PETRA-FINALLY :clap:

Such a chic name and I had no idea it meant rock!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Petra is a beautiful name and your diamond is beyond gorgeous!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I actually know someone named Petra! My son’s friend’s mom. I assumed it was Greek or some other foreign name.
Your Petra is stunning!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results