shape
carat
color
clarity

After 27 Years...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Last night was my 27th wedding anniversary. After all these years my husband is now into spoiling me with jewelry! For the first 25 years, I wore my original wedding and engagement ring only, nothing more. Once he gave me a new wedding set for our 25th anniversary, I got the jewelry bug and am now enjoying looking at every jewelry store in town. I think my husband must have noticed my new interest, lol. Here are some pictures that I asked him to take last night of some of the pieces he''s given me over the past couple of years. I actually had some roses in the house to use in some of the pics.

ringpost1.jpg

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Another.

ringpost3.jpg

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
50th Birthday present. Eternity band, 20 pointers.

Bday_present.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings!! Congratulations on 27 years!!

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
27th wedding anniversary present.
36.gif

erniesgift.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings and bracelet! Good thing your hubby has finally caught on to getting you jewelry, too bad it took him so long, LOL! Love that bracelet, is it a Whiteflash?

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

The bracelet is actually a custom piece made by a local jeweler here in San Diego. My husband asked the jeweler to call in the diamond based on everything we have learned here on Pricescope. I love the bracelet. So simple, I think I can wear it with anything. Thank you for the compliments. I had such a fun anniversary, gave my husband "husband diamonds". Fishing flys in a diamond ring box. He got a kick out of that. He won''t wear any jewelry but his wedding band. : )

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful set
1.gif
Congrats on your 27th wedding anniversary
36.gif
Is that a memoire band?

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pieces!! Congratulations on 27 years of marriage!!!
36.gif
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Happy 27th! I love your bangle and eternity band! Your set is gorgeous too! Congratulations!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful stuff! And hooray that your hubby seems to be making up for lost time!
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Awww, how sweet! You have some beautiful pieces!

Thanks for sharing!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 4:01:34 PM
Author: bettymac
I had such a fun anniversary, gave my husband ''husband diamonds''. Fishing flys in a diamond ring box. He got a kick out of that. : )

That''s too funny!!!

Congrats on your anniversary!!! Love the bracelet present and your rings!!! Hey, the way I look at it - better late than never, right?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you have some GORGEOUS pieces there! Hey, he sure is making up for lost time on the jewelry purchases! STUNNING! I''d love to know more about each piece!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous collection you have! The bangle is stunning! And your set looks beautiful! Not to mention that amazing eternity band! Wow! Thanks for sharing! I can''t wait to see what you get next!
11.gif

P.S. Love the husband diamonds-hilarious!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces...congratulations on 27 years of marriage!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 27th anniversary. Your rings and bracelet are gorgeous.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely rings and lovely roses! I am so happy to hear you guys have been married for 27 years...you are an inspiration for the rest of us newlyweds!

Hugs,
ulualoha

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
They''re all beautiful and classic! Congratulations on almost 3 decades together
36.gif

Please share with us: what''s the secret to a happy long marriage, and more importantly, how did you get your husband to finally buy you more jewellery
2.gif

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Please share with us: what''s the secret to a happy long marriage, and more importantly, how did you get your husband to finally buy you more jewellery

Hmm, my secret to a long and happy marriage is a lot of love, a great sense of humor and being willing to forgive and forget those annoying little things that are common when you live with someone everyday and raise children together.

How did I get my husband to finally buy more jewelry? I think he was amazed at how happy it made me to receive that new wedding set on my 25th anniversary. After that, he seemed to enjoy finding new things I would like, plus now that we''re "older" (cant'' believe I''m 50!), we''re a little more comfortable financially. When we were younger it was a struggle just to make the house payments. : )

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Hi Baby Monster,

The eternity band is not a Memoire. It was made by a jeweler here in town. My husband used a different jeweler to make the bangle as he wasn''t totally happy with the workmanship on the eternity band.

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
I have just a couple of more pictures to post.

This is a ring I bought for myself while shopping with a good friend in the L.A. Jewelry Mart. My friend has an awesome collection of jewelry and a great eye. She found a great ring that day and I was determined not to go home empty handed. I found this setting right before we had to leave and got a great price on it. Then I went to a local jeweler a couple of weeks later and got the tanzanite to go in it. The day I bought the stone it was raining like crazy. I was the only one in the store so they gave me a amazing price on the stone. They set it and I wore it home that day.

Think I need to stop going to jewelry stores!

bluering.jpg

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Couple more pics:

tanzanitehand.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous! What a great find, and I love the fact that they set it for you right there and then so you could wear it home.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, you have a beautiful collection. i love all of your pieces and would wear any one of them...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All your pieces are just beautiful!!! We celebrated our 30th recently, and I have started collecting over the last few years, too. It is a fun hobby!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary!!! You are certainly making up for a late start on a jewelry wardrobe with some stunning pieces! I love them all. Thanks for sharing with us.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous jewelry!!!! I hope my future husband will spoil me like that too!!!
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Your pieces are lovely! And your story is lovely too.

And thanks for the marital advice! I find I''m listening closely to that sort of thing these days. 6.5 months to go!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results