shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m having the hardest time finding what I want in a diamond ring. I''m looking for a (preferably) yellow gold antique style looking ring with some engraving and filligree on the sides where the diamond sits lower and is less than a carat in size. I''m a size 7 but I could always size it. If all else fails I''ll have to get one custom made. What is cheaper by the way.....ready made or custom?

Thanks

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Odd one...

Just to make you feel better...we have all been there. There is far too many choices and for some making the decision is to overbearing.

My best advice is to just continue searching on sites...do specific word searches with the design features you are looking for. You may find several that have your criteria but may realize you want some things from one and some from another...only you can decide if a custom is right for you.

Your choice of features would probably be higher in price for the work you are looking for custom route, than cast or premade. You definitely don''t want to hire someone inexperienced in filigree just because they can do it cheaper. You may end up with odd mismatched character that you may regret. So in that respect...I would attempt to find one ready to rock and roll.

Give us more details on what you are looking for...post some images of some things you like...surely we can help narrow down your choices.

DKS

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I know you said "antique style" rather than antique, but here are some yellow gold actual antiques that might be worth a glance. Some of these sites also just sell settings if you''re not interested in older stones as well. The settings are typically either platinum or white gold but it may be worth contacting them to ask about yellow gold if you''re interested in an antique replica.

14K yellow gold, filigree, with .65 OEC, set low, 1930s original = $2,150:
WBAW

14K yellow gold, .50 OEC, set higher, 1940s original = $1,650:
another at WBAW

14K yellow gold, filigree, .30 OEC, set low, 1920s original = $1,495:
another at WBAW

14K yellow gold, filligree, .36 OEC, set higher, 1920s original = $1,450:
another at WBAW

Palladium and 14K YG, .60 OMC, set low, 1940s original = $1,825 - but I''m not sure any of the yellow gold shows when it''s face up:
AER

14K YG, .73 light yellow OMC, filigree, 1930s original = $1,275:
Topazery

18K YG, .50 OEC, not really filigree but quite pretty, 1930s original = $1,650:
ADD

Also:
http://www.nelsonrarities.com
Isadora''s
Single Stone

Stardust

Rough_Rock
What about this?

This is my first time posting a photo so here's hoping it works!

It really is hard to find yellow gold, Larissa (hey sis!) is doing much better than I am.

yellowfilligreewithsidediamonds.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions (keep them coming). I''m going to (try to) attatch a pic of something I like to give you all an idea of what I''m looking for. By the way I''m in Ontario, Canada so any local suggestions on where to find the ring/jewelers would be appreciated.

Thanks

019a.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Something like this one is as close to perfect as I could find. Thanks for all the suggestions.

6791c.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
This one looks a little more like what you wanted:

A112.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your help. I did send an email out about a setting I liked on that last site. This week (with any luck) I''ll get out to some jewelry stores to get some idea of the cost of a custom job. Keep any advice/ideas coming.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results