shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice.. Which idealscope image is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrischan

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Which idealscope image would be better? One with almost no leakage or one with some leakage on the edge of the diamond? Which one would "sparkle" more?

IS_AGS-6516503.jpg

chrischan

Rough_Rock
The other idealscope image..

IS_AGS-6809502.jpg

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Both look great. however, I am partial to #1. I think #1 will give you better scintillation and fire but see what others say b/c I just started learning more about round cuts. Also make sure that the upper girdle facets aren't cut too steep b/c it can make them look dull. Idealscope sometimes fails to detect this.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is a matter of taste, and peace of mind.

Theoretically, the little triangles of static light leakage are part of a very pleasing evenly distributed contrast pattern. This probably adds positively to the scintillation of this stone.

On the other hand, you might prefer the idea of 0 static light leakage.

Live long,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are both very nice images and one is not better than the other. between them there may be slight differences, that when viewed side by side you may or may not notice. one will not be more ''sparkly'' than the other, they will just sparkly in a little different way.
2.gif

chrischan

Rough_Rock
Are they both part of the new ACA cut line?

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
First image is a classic line.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I like numero 1.
Slightly dark red, although that may not actually be visually different.
I like the points between the arrows - other than it possibly positively impacting scintillation, it just says to me that it's a very precisely cut stone.
(Not to say the other isn't, perhaps it's just psychological. Shrug.)
They are both beautiful IS images!

Scintillating...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ll go with #1. i prefer leakage along the edge.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results