shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moss1

Rough_Rock
OK, here goes. This is my first post, but I have spent several weeks on this site learning from you all. Thanks to all the posters for all the great information. I''m now ready to purchase, so I need some specific advice.

I''m looking at a Round Brilliant Diamond with the following specifications:

AGS Certified

Meaurements: 8.13-8.16 x 4.99 mm
Carat Wt: 2.02
Color: I
Clarity: S12
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible

Table: 55.1%
Depth: 61.2%
Culet: pointed
Girdle: Faceted 1.1-1.6% (not sure what this translates to)
Crown angle: 35.0 degrees (15.7% height)
Pavillion angle: 40.6 degrees (42.6% depth)

The diamond is eye-clean. I truly don''t see the inclusions, and I have sharp eyes. The inclusions are small and scattered with loupes.

HCA score 0.8

Price: approximately $14,000 (we know someone in the business).

This is a good deal, right? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It seems a good price for an AGS-0. I pricescoped your diamond, and ones with similar size, color, and clarity ranged from 10,000ish to 13,000ish. None of them were AGS-0s, and quite a few were EGL certs. Considering the markup for a diamond with a better cut and the B&M overhead, your friend is being fair with you. Not fabulous over the top, but fair. Of course, that''s all I want when I''m looking is someone who is fair.

shay

Moss1

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Shay37 for your advice. I agree, I think this is a fair price, but not "knock your socks off out of this world" price. I was actually hoping for a little better price, but the diamond is also better than I anticipated. We are going to look at one or two more diamonds from the dealer when he gets them in, but we certainly would be extremely pleased with this one. I''m with you, I simply am looking for someone who is fair and honest, and I was pleased with the interaction today.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Does this seem like a reasonable purchase? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results