shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Please....Anniv Ring or Watch??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I''ve really been contemplating the Ebel Beluga Tonneau I tried on last week at the jeweler. After trying it on and falling in love with it at the store, I''m now worried that I will regret spending $5k on a watch rather than getting a nice diamond anniversary band (to be worn on the RH).

I own a fairly nice Omega Constellation, but it has no diamond bezel, which is why I was looking at the Ebel Beluga Tonneau with diamond face and bezel. My Omega is still a nice watch, though.

So here''s my dilemma...

Should I go for a nice diamond eternity band, or the watch????

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... being a ring person I would go for the band. Plus, you do have a very nice watch already, so even if you have to "suffer through" to the next occasion where a piece of jewelry was in order I bet you could probably make it and *then* get the new watch.
2.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Any pics of the Ebel?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I would get the ring. I am not a ''watch'' person but I just don''t see how you could spend 5k on a watch. they all just tell the time where at least diamonds sparkle
31.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i just discovered that i am indifferent to watches. i''d get the ring.

Sparkling Spirit

Rough_Rock
Ebel makes some stunning watches, and the Tonneau with the diamond face sounds gorgeous! I am truly an Ebel fan... the one I bought my husband has diamond markers on the face and I am so thrilled with it! The diamonds are extremely well matched, and the watch is so streamlined, slender and elegant.

That being said, I can tell you from my own experience that I do not wear my diamond watch (a Baume & Mercier) for casual wear. However, I definitely would wear an eternity ring all the time. So my choice would be the eternity ring, because diamonds with such sentimental value (either watch or ring, assuming it is for your anniversary) should be worn every day, imo.

If you think you would wear the watch every day then maybe that''s the best choice for you, though. Pick the one that gives you the biggest thrill. I always get a pit in my stomach when I see the good stuff! ..then I know I''m making the right choice.
30.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 12:12:50 AM
Author: Sparkling Spirit
Ebel makes some stunning watches, and the Tonneau with the diamond face sounds gorgeous! I am truly an Ebel fan... the one I bought my husband has diamond markers on the face and I am so thrilled with it! The diamonds are extremely well matched, and the watch is so streamlined, slender and elegant.

That being said, I can tell you from my own experience that I do not wear my diamond watch (a Baume & Mercier) for casual wear. However, I definitely would wear an eternity ring all the time. So my choice would be the eternity ring, because diamonds with such sentimental value (either watch or ring, assuming it is for your anniversary) should be worn every day, imo.

If you think you would wear the watch every day then maybe that''s the best choice for you, though. Pick the one that gives you the biggest thrill. I always get a pit in my stomach when I see the good stuff! ..then I know I''m making the right choice.
30.gif

Thank you! You all have been helpful!

I''ve been wanting a "dress watch" for a while, but Sparkling Spirit brings up a good point, I probably would not wear it THAT ofter.

When I tried on the pave eternity band, my stomach did ache a bit and I think about it every day. I could definitely wear the eternity band every day, but I think the watch may be a bit too flashy for the workplace. I''m thinking that I also like the idea of having a simpler band to wear on vacations, etc. when I may not want to wear my ring.

Here''s the watch.

ebel beluga tonneau2.JPG

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Here is the type of 3-sided pave band I''m thinking of:

pave band.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada,

I really like the eternity band. Beautiful.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those eternity bands would be scrumptious! I would vote for the ring.
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
not much of a watch wearer. i say RING! it''s a yummy ring at that!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oooooohhh! Those rings are so beautiful but I have been coveting a watch like Canukgal Sharon's lately! Yummy pictures of both choices......and of course, Christmas is coming too...............
11.gif
2.gif
Hard decision but I will go with the watch!

Sparkling Spirit

Rough_Rock
Wow Giada, both the Tonneau and the ring are !!!Gorgeous!!!
36.gif
FWIW, they BOTH gave me the pit in my stomach, lol! I love that the ring has diamonds on the sides... very unique and beautiful. I''m truly happy for you!

Enjoy your purchase and Happy Anniversary!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2006 4:54:02 PM
Author: hlmr
Oooooohhh! Those rings are so beautiful but I have been coveting a watch like Canukgal Sharon''s lately! Yummy pictures of both choices......and of course, Christmas is coming too...............
11.gif
2.gif
Hard decision but I will go with the watch!
HI:

No surprise here but I agree with Heather....LOL...
1.gif

What did you decide, Giada?????

cheers--Sharon

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, for me it''s a no brainer. I''m so hard on watches. They look horrible after I wear them twice, so it''s ESQ for me LOL! The bands you posted are lovely. I''d pick those in a heartbeat!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the advice!

I chose to go with the band for now. I don''t own an eternity band, so this will be a nice piece to add to my collection. I have a channel-set anniversary band, but it really doesn''t "sing" to me, so I don''t wear it often.

I think I''ll get a lot of wear out of the band. I might choose to wear it on my right hand along with my ring, or in place of my ring on the left hand when traveling or while at work. I ordered the band in a size that should work for both my right and left hand.

Now the task of waiting 3-4 weeks for completion!!

I decided that for my 10-year anniversary (two years away), it might be nice for me and hubby to get matching dress watches as a gift to eachother.

Ice Snoop

Rough_Rock
Hi Miranda, I know what you mean about watches looking terrible after wearing only a few times. If you ever do want a dress watch you should seriously consider a Rado. I got one for my 30th birthday - Rado Sintra (was about 1,500 euro) which is made from high tech ceramics. Looks like metal but is very light and comfortable and impossible to scratch. The watch is now 4 years old and looks just like the day I got it and I wear it every day. I've even started thinking how awesome it would be to get a diamond ring mounted in the same material but have never heard of anyone making anything like that.

IS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try to negotiate for both!!!! I am so evil. Anyway, tough call. I love my band and wear it every day pretty much. I also am a watch NUT though, so I have many watches, stainless with diamonds, all gold, all stainless, etc. Just love them. So I am not a great one to ask, except tp say if you think you can get both eventually and you have a nice watch now and no band, get the band so you have one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Giada:

Just to let you know Signed Pieces is having a sale--check out their website and see all the yummy watches and rings on sale; type santa into the code box and voila! Good luck deciding! hheehheee

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results