shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on two Princess cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mikey27

Rough_Rock
G
SI1
Depth 70.5%
Table 68%
GIA
m-tk
Symmetry gd
Polish ex
no
7.06*6.77*4.77
$11191

H
VS2
Depth 74.4%
Table 69%
GIA
-vtk
no
Symmetry gd
Polish vg
no
6.74x6.64x4.94
$11751

Thank you,
I don''t know much, but I am trying to get my girlfriend something great!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Princess cuts can be hard to judge just from the numbers. Have you seen these two in person or looked at an idealscope image? You might try clicking on Knowledge at the top of this page and then Fancy Cuts to check out Dave Atlas's cut chart. Unfortunately you do not have crown height information. The preference seems to be for a higher crown height and smaller table in princess cut diamonds. I also noticed that the first stone is not quite as square which may or may not be a problem for you depending upon how the stone will be set.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Those are two pretty nice stones, don''t worry. That said since it''s a fancy you absolutely need to see an IS image and sarin stats to get a look at the some of the measurements and get a better idea of the light performance.

IF it''s eyeclean (you have to find out!), I''d definitely go with the top one. It looks like it faces up bigger and it''s not losing any of the weight in the very thick girdle. Based only on the stats (and if it''s eyeclean) here that would be my preference, but don''t make the decision based only on these stats. Get more info about the stones and optimally look at it in person!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Garysax!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results