shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this stone.. I think I've found it...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi DS, you can start a thread asking me if its public.
If private then send an email to my business via the link below which i will get at work tomorrow - its Australia Day today so we have to throw some prawns (shrimp in your talk) on the barbie - , or hope someone who has any of my email addresses sends us a link to each other :)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
JoshuaNiamehr|1422223212|3821958 said:
Gary, my understanding is that the polisher uses the DiaMension HD: http://sarine.com/products/diamension-hd/ to measure. After which the diamonds measurements are used to theorize based on predictable light performance using a cut grade: http://sarine.com/products/ags-cut-grading/........ Also it is my understanding the Cut Grade is derived with a combination of hardware and software analysis, including diamonds graded by AGSL.

So I dont see any manual entry of data or assumptions by the polisher as Brian of B2C Jewels is stating.

Did you develop the DiaMension hardware?

I forget which device they are using, it could be the higher end version: http://sarine.com/products/diamension-axiom/#category6

Our cut score is a theoretical algorithm that has honed accuracy based on thousands of real ASETs and IdealScopes images. So we started with a theory and then tested it and improved its accuracy with Machine Learning + Computer Vision. While I would love to divulge how to develop an algorithm like ours, I dont think my investors and wholesalers/dealers (people use our cut score in the trade to make buying decisions) would be very happy with that...

But your reputation precedes you and it would be an honor to collaborate somewhere down the line.

Much of our work is only possible because of the groundbreaking research of giants such as yourself have done!!
Josh I did not work on Sarine DM, but was a Sarine agent for a few years before they kicked me out because of my relations with Helium and OctoNus.
That supplier lists .gem files for every stone which is an OctoNus proprietary file type and can not be made with a Sarine scanner.

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
DS - Thanks for the great advise on the 5x stone band as well.. her fingers are too small for a 7xstone.. but I think a 5x stone with 5x 12pts should look great.. dont wanna overpower the diamond thats for sure!!! That photo looks amazing! :) What size finger are you just outta interest?

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They are likely using both devices... As they list it as Sarin / Gem

screen_shot_2015-01-25_at_7.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CassiusNZ|1422228921|3821977 said:
DS - Thanks for the great advise on the 5x stone band as well.. her fingers are too small for a 7xstone.. but I think a 5x stone with 5x 12pts should look great.. dont wanna overpower the diamond thats for sure!!! That photo looks amazing! :) What size finger are you just outta interest?

You're welcome! One more suggestion...Tiffany has a 7 stone band with 8 pointers (which other vendors can make, of course, but the Tiffany band is great because it is set low.). That is really a better size stone for your size diamond. Again, you want some bling but you don't want it to overpower the band. That will work for her size finger, too.

Here is a picture of the 7 stone band with 8 pointers with a diamond that is 7.5mm, 1.58 cts.

7_stone__8_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1422227843|3821970 said:
Hi DS, you can start a thread asking me if its public.
If private then send an email to my business via the link below which i will get at work tomorrow - its Australia Day today so we have to throw some prawns (shrimp in your talk) on the barbie - , or hope someone who has any of my email addresses sends us a link to each other :)

I found you and sent you a friend request. You will recognize my profile picture because it is the same as my avatar picture here! It is a diamond question but I think I'll ask you off here for now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, Cass, I forgot to put ring size and it is too late to edit...5.5.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Trade members, please do not take over a consumer's thread. If you'd like to discuss the finer points of diamond technology in general please start your own thread.

OP, apologies that so many posts have been removed from your thread.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
In response to a post that was pulled, we would also like to mention that there are many users of the forum who choose to get gemologist degrees and do not work in the trade.

Cflutist is one such valued member and we appreciate all the time she spends helping people on Pricescope. :appl:

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Great suggestion DS I will look into it.. def. looks balanced on a size 5.5... but do you think it might be too wide on a 4.25? Def. looks to scale though on the gorgeous 1.58!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CassiusNZ|1422239381|3822071 said:
Great suggestion DS I will look into it.. def. looks balanced on a size 5.5... but do you think it might be too wide on a 4.25? Def. looks to scale though on the gorgeous 1.58!

No, it won't be too wide because it would be made in her size meaning that the diamonds will curve around her finger. I highly recommend the Tiffany bands even though they are pricey because they are set low and work well with almost any engagement rings. Another brand that makes high quality,low set bands is Memoire, and that is the brand of the ring with the 10 pointers I posted earlier. I really do prefer the 8 pointers with a 1.5, though.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1422232226|3821996 said:

You're welcome! One more suggestion...Tiffany has a 7 stone band with 8 pointers (which other vendors can make, of course, but the Tiffany band is great because it is set low.). That is really a better size stone for your size diamond. Again, you want some bling but you don't want it to overpower the band. That will work for her size finger, too.

Here is a picture of the 7 stone band with 8 pointers with a diamond that is 7.5mm, 1.58 cts.
DS I have seen a lot of damage done to the rings worn next to this type of ring.
They are like chainsaws with the girdles rubbing and hacking thru adjacent rings.
Have a look / tak a pic of the rings you wear next to yours.

BTW cant find you on FB - i have a dead one and one i am hopless at :(

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm Leon Mege has the same opinion.. is there anyway the person making the engagement ring can make the 5x stone band at the same time.. and make them 'click' together somehow? So as not to rub together..?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1422241339|3822086 said:
diamondseeker2006|1422232226|3821996 said:

DS I have seen a lot of damage done to the rings worn next to this type of ring.
They are like chainsaws with the girdles rubbing and hacking thru adjacent rings.
Have a look / tak a pic of the rings you wear next to yours.

BTW cant find you on FB - i have a dead one and one i am hopless at :(

Garry, we have seen that a lot here in the past, but it is just not the case with the Tiffany or Memoire rings due to the diamonds being set low. They do not touch the prongs on the e-ring as long as it is a normal solitaire. I had the Memoire one for awhile before I changed both my rings, and I had no problem with rubbing at all. I do frequently warn people to go with these brands due to problems with higher set bands that are similar. I may have a side view somewhere in my pictures.

That's okay if you couldn't find me on RB! I sent you a message on your contact page so maybe you'll get it there. It just has to do with your preferences for diamond cut for studs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CassiusNZ|1422242179|3822092 said:
Hmmm Leon Mege has the same opinion.. is there anyway the person making the engagement ring can make the 5x stone band at the same time.. and make them 'click' together somehow? So as not to rub together..?

See my note to Garry....Tiffany and Memoire are specifc brands that definitely do not have this problem. I would never want my bands attached. Some people wear a 1mm band between their diamond band and e-ring if they rub. But in my experience Tiffany and Memoire will not unless you have e-ring prongs that start at the base of the finger rather than near the top of the band/shank and that is pretty unusual! BUT, since you mentioned Leon, he makes the prongs WAY too low and I do not recommend his solitaires at all. I had one once and ANY band would rub those prongs. I went through a few settings! I recommend Vatche solitaire settings or for custom handforged, Victor Canera.

So the caveat is, you may find cheaper bands than these two, but the rings may have the diamonds sitting higher where it could damage the e-ring.

First, a Leon ring that is set too low with a Tiffany Legacy band.

Then a side view of how low the Memoire band sits with a different solitaire setting.

_26392.jpg

new_rings_049.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results