shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this 2.07 ct J/Si2 - on the fence

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hello recent replies, so sorry I missed these yesterday! Thank you to everyone who has replied, I really appreciate it.
Embee, thank you for your posts and interest in this stone. If it's not too much trouble or against any rule, may I know what the stone looked like before the recut? Just for curiosity sake. I'm guessing it was an old cut, maybe an oec or oem? No worries if you don't get clearance to share, I'm just curious and doesn't impact my appreciation of this stone.

msop04, I still have your current stone in my sights for future upgrade, he he. This is my starting point, maybe. I wish I was around to buy your previous stone, an I color 2 ct. I believe. You mentioned you might be ready in 3-5 years, so let's keep in mind.

sirguy, thanks. I hope for a fiery stone too. I too, hope the smallish table and higher crown will give me a more fiery diamond. That's definitely one of stronger points in favor of this stone :)

heartsandarrowsgirl, well said! and thank you. I might receive the shipment today, fingers crossed. will post with reaction.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1405717167|3716119 said:
It looks pretty to me but I'm not an expert. The J color would bother me more.

This was my thought.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, I did receive the diamond Tuesday late morning and have been playing with it at home in different lighting, although I wish I had more to choose from, he he. Well, it's just beautiful! It's very white and sparkly, edge to edge brilliance, just gorgeous really. I'm so thankful to this community as I'm sure I would never have found such a stone on my own. I have 10 days to review/inspect the diamond, so another week to decide or thereabouts.

What I love:
the size -8.2-8.3 mm looks big, has a lot of presence and is lively
looks very white
smaller table, high crown (encourages fire characteristics) trying to find the right lighting to really bring that out (safely as it's loose)
eye clean Si2 (white inclusions and I can't see that lilypad IRL at all)
Ideal cut-really makes a difference with light play

There really aren't any REAL detractions, just the mind clean issues due to my whole-hearted PS acceptance of what's "good". The appraisal came out fantastic from a well regarded PS appraiser, and I DO trust him as well as the vendor. I guess I'm just a cautious buyer and need to take things step by step. I really feel for those fellows who have the added pressure of making a gift of love and maybe in a hurry and trying to get everything right with limited knowledge or real information. Anyhoo, thanks to all that have interest in my journey, who are new themselves to diamonds and may learn something from my experience so far, and all the wonderful regular posters who have so much knowledge and experience and share it freely with others. It's a great community here.

Evert P Botha

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Luvdajules,

Thank you.
Let me see what I'm allowed to share.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results