shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Princess cut stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
OK I am in the middle of my engagement ring search.

Deffinetly going with a Princess Cut as that is what my GF wants. Leaning towards the Micheal B lace setting.

My priorities are quality of the diamond vs size. That being said I would like the following

>=G
>=VS2
<= ratio of 1.01
Would like a spread of 6.5mm (my budget is 15K so might have to downsize here)

Questions
1. The new AGS-0 stones are they all that? I have an appointment to see two of them this saturday they seem to demand a premium price. Can anyone quote a fair price per carot for an AGS-0 in the 1-1.5 carot range? Does anyone know of stores that are stocking them?

2. Are some of the online vendors Ideal cut, Princess cut stones like Blue Nile or Dirt Cheap Diamonds or Superbcert equivalent to the AGS-0 Princes cut stones?

3. The Micheal B Lace setting is amazing yet very expensive. Can anyone recommend a similar setting by another person.

4. Finally who has best selection, service and prices in Baltimore, DC area? This Saturday I am meeting with Charleston Alexander, Bill Scherlag of Icemine.com, and don''t have an appointment but planning on stopping by Dirt Cheap Diamonds.

I would be glad to here any other comments suggestions etc... that anyone has.

James

blukolr

Rough_Rock
tareyton...i can say the new PR cuts are stunners! i''m working with Bill Scherlag (aka Capital Bill) in putting together an engagement ring for my GF...I have a 1.01 ct. PR, AGS 0, J. I''ve ordered a D.Vatche setting with PR channel set''s in the band...my only concern is the color of the center matching the PR channel sides....so far so good in my experience, Bill''s very patient and wants you to be completly satisfied with your ring...i''ll keep you posted of my results....
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results