shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilya

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
First time postiing so bear with me.
When my grandmother passed away she left me a ring. She took all the diamonds from her wedding ring and engagement ring and lumped them into one "center stone" that gives the illusion of one large diamond. The width of the "center stone" is prob equal to 1.25 carat diamond. I love this ring as it has sentimental value. My queston is whether or not I can treat that like a center stone and have it put in a new pave type setting. I just wasn''t sure how that would work with the "center stone" being basically gold rather than a stone.
Does this make sense?
I appreciate any feedback.
Sorry no pictures- my camera just doesn''t give a clear view and I can''t find anything on the internet that shows a bunch of tiny diamonds set in gold like this.
Thanks a ton

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you can''t. It can''t just be lifted out and put into a diamond setting unfortunately. You CAN use those stones in a new setting however but it will likely need to be custom made for you. You could also use them as side stones to a new ring, but again, it would need to be custom.

Good luck!

emilya

Rough_Rock
Could I have another band saudered to the "stone"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results