shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Diamond and Setting Purchased from Blue Nile ..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mt1688

Rough_Rock
I''m planning to propose to my gf of 10 years on Christmas day and have purchase a 1.593 ct diamond in a platinum setting with channel set diamonds from blue nile. I will be receiving the ring on 12/23 and will be getting it appraise asap. In the meantime, I like to get some feedback and advice on the diamond, setting, and price? My biggest concern is the clarity. Are all VS2 grade eye clean? Any feedback and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1.593 Cts (AGSL)
Cut = AGS Ideal 0
Color = F
Clarity = VS2
Symmetry = Ideal
Polish = Ideal
Girdle = Thin to medium, faceted
Cutlet = Pointed
Flourescence = Negligible
Depth % = 60.9%
Table % = 56%
Crown Height = 14.8%
Crown Angle = 33.8
Pavilion Depth = 43.2%
Pavilion Angle = 40.9
Measurement = 7.54x7.57x4.61 mm
HCA = 1.0

Price = $15,891

Platinum Setting w/ Channel Set Diamonds (5/8 ct. tw.)
Width = 4.4 mm
# of Round Diamonds = 10
Minimum Carat Total Weight = 0.68
Average Color = H
Average Clarity = VS2

Price = $2350

Platinum_Channel_Setting.jpg

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great.

Genereally, most people will not be able to see the flaws in a VS2 diamond with their naked eye - at all. A few people will be able to see them if they know where they are, and a much smaller group (diamond experts with really good eyes) may be able to find them if they study the diamond for a while. There are always a few exceptions; but, by going with VS2 you have purchased a diamond that will undoubtably look stunning - especially since the HCA ia 1.0. Keep in mind that the term eye clean is most often used when sorting SI1/2 grade diamonds.

It looks like a very good ballance and compromise on the 4 C''s.

May you have a very merry christmas - and may your dreams come true...

Perry

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I HIGHLY doubt that you or she will be able to spot the inclusions with your naked eye. Even with a 10x loupe I've never been able to spot the inclusions in my VS2. Best wishes on your engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results