shape
carat
color
clarity

advice on choosing one diamond from two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldturf

Rough_Rock
Hi, I owe almost all my knowledge about diamond to this forum, and after 1 month''s search, I narrowed down my choices between these two diamonds from online vendors, could anyone please give opinions on which seems a better choice? Thanks a million!

#1: 0.73 carat, E, VS1, HCA =0.6, PGS Top ideal cut (H&A with very good idealscope image) $3950.

#2: 0.73 carat, D, VS1, HCA=1.6, AGS000 (H&A) $4050.

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
there aren''t really many differences between the two....at least the information you gave us. i''d go with the one with the best idealscope image.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Judging from the 2 HCA scores your safer bet may be with the 1.6.

oldturf

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies.

Rhino, why do you think the HCA1.6 is a safer bet? I have been wondering if a much smaller HCA score really makes a visible difference in the beauty of the diamond (brilliance, sparkling etc.), because it seemed this forum uses this HCA score a lot.

Yet I never had experience with real diamonds before, and of course had no chance to look at some to compare. But now you seem to think HCA1.6 could be actually better?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i would pay $100 more for the D.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
If I remember correctly, HCA scores in the .5 range tend to be more shallow stones, and will be more suseptible to head shadow and looking darker when looked at close up. There have been a few good threads on this topic. Run some searches to see if you can find them. If you can''t look at them side by side, I''d probably go with #1 as a safer bet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results