shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a 1 Ct, I color diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
H

hlpkaixin3344

Hi everyone. I just found this site last night and it is a great resource. I am new to the diamond market and was wondering about a diamond.

It is
1.01 ct
VS1
colour I
ideal symmetry and polish
depth 60.3
table 56.9
crown angle 34.5
pavilion angle 40.6
girdle of .9 to 3.2

This is from an AGS grading
6.51 x 6.53 x 3.93 mm

$5200

The only thing I am owrried about is the colour. How noticable will an I colour diamond be in this size. I know that ring colour will have an impact on it as well.

Thanks for any help

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond looks extremely promising!! As to the colour, an I is where the industry, it is said, believe that the average person may begin to detect a hint of tint, but to most eyes a well cut I is going to look plenty white!! There are many happy I and J owners here who adore their diamonds! Colour sensitivity is hard to predict, but many have reservations about I and J grades and once they see the actual diamonds, are absolutely delighted. If this vendor has a return policy then you could always send it back if you turned out to be a very colour sensitive soul, but there probably won't be a need to. Personally, I think an I in this size will face up very well, especially with the quality of the cut!

I know it isn't always practical, but perhaps if you have a store near you where you could see similar AGS graded round 1 cts of I colour, this might help to reassure you.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I have an I colored 1.05 carat diamond and I love it. It looks so white to me... of course if you would put it next to a D you could see the difference, but we were able to get a bigger stone with our budget by going down a few notches in color. Some PSers are color girls and some are size girls... I happen to be a size girl. And to be honest with you most people don''t know as much about diamonds as the posters on here do. Since being engaged I have not had one person ask me what color it was, the size, clarity, cut, or cost (welll one guy at worked asked how big it was and how much it cost, be hes an odd ball so that doesn''t count!). I say go for it and be proud of your 1 ct rock!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/take-me-off-the-list-i-am-an-engaged-lady.69443/ This is a link to my post with all the photos. The pictures don''t even begin to capture its sparkle.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Just for reference I wear a 6.5, its a white gold ring, with .5 ctw in diamonds on the shoulders of the ring. Good luck! Let us know what you choose, and of course PICTURES!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Lorelei, unless you are comparing that I to a D you will probably not notice it. I think that H and I color diamond are my favorite. They have a beautiful warm glow to them but face up nicely white in the sun. You will see less color in a great cut and I would say that you would be happy with that. Just make sure as she said that you can return it if you don''t like it. Good luck!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Color sensitivity is a very personal thing. I am perfectly happy with my ideal cut J color round brillant. Set in platinum. As long as it''s a great but, I would go for an I or J anyday, even a K possibly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results