shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poldaniel

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody !

I''m shopping for a ring for ~$1000.
So far I''m thinking about this https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1958300.htm
and a 6-prong platinum setting from the same company for $393.
I just noticed they have offices here in Houston. Good - I get to see the diamond if I want. Bad - Sales tax
7.gif

I want to see your opinion about this choice and if you have better options for this amount.

Also if you could tell me your opinion between this ring and the same setting in white gold with a little bigger diamond.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Have a nice day,
Dani

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are actually quite lucky. Whiteflash has a stellar reputation with folks on this forum and you get to see the stone in person. If it speaks to you when you look at it, you can feel pretty confident you are buying a quality stone at a really good price. There will always be something, larger, better, more expensive just around the corner and we can over analyze our stones to death.

Good luck with your purchase!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, welcome to PS
35.gif
That is a beautiful stone and you are so lucky to have WF near by. It will look great in a simple solitaire setting. Please post pics once you get it. Yummm.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only suggestion would be to consider spending less on the setting and more on the diamond. You are very fortunate to live near WhiteFlash! Much better to see several diamonds in person and pay sales tax than to have one diamond at a time mailed to you and have to pay return postage and insurance if you are not sure it is "the one"!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2006 5:36:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
My only suggestion would be to consider spending less on the setting and more on the diamond. You are very fortunate to live near WhiteFlash! Much better to see several diamonds in person and pay sales tax than to have one diamond at a time mailed to you and have to pay return postage and insurance if you are not sure it is ''the one''!
I agree. If you''re going for a basic 6-prong you might want to consider white gold or some other alternative that will allow you to shave some dollars off the setting and put it into the stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s not fun to pay sales tax. There was a thread recently that said even if you purchase out of state you are still supposed to claim it on your own tax return. Many people don''t just because they don''t even know they were supposed to. You are lucky to have WF near by, view it as a blessing and take advantage of it
1.gif

Hansel

Rough_Rock
DiamondsRight.com for settings. Mine comes in on friday I will let you know if it is good.

poldaniel

Rough_Rock
Hi guys !

Thanks for your opinions. I know my GF likes platinum quite a bit and that''s why I finally opted for a platinum solitaire 4-prong.
Today I went to WhiteFlash and took a good look at that diamond and a few others.
I really like it and I decided to buy it
10.gif

I hope I got the right ring size.

Have a nice day,
Dani

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results