shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Needed: What do I do with the stone now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jopp

Rough_Rock
I just learned that the woman I''ve been with for the last 5 years and intended to marry (here''s the thread on the ring) was cheating with her boss.

Obviously, I''m crushed and still trying to make sense of everything.

Any advice on what to do with the ring? Rather than a symbol of joy, its become a constant reminder of heartache.

Thanks for your help,
J

AlliBaba

Rough_Rock
Oh, dear, I''m so sorry
8.gif
I''ll try to send some positive energy your way in your difficult time.

About the ring: the diamond is fan-tabulous. Wonder if the store from which you purchased it has a return or upgrade policy??? Wonder if you could have the actual metal from the setting re-made in the future??? Sorry I can''t be of more help.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, i''m so sorry..

here''s
thread on selling your diamond.

Any chance the vendor has some type of return policy? I would try that first, they might be sympathetic do to your circumstances.

you might also try consignment with Pearlmans

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Oh honey I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 10:14:47 PM
Author:Jopp
I just learned that the woman I''ve been with for the last 5 years and intended to marry (here''s the thread on the ring) was cheating with her boss.

Obviously, I''m crushed and still trying to make sense of everything.

Any advice on what to do with the ring? Rather than a symbol of joy, its become a constant reminder of heartache.

Thanks for your help,
J
Hi J ~
emrose.gif

Oh my ... I am so very sorry for you! I am just dumb founded right now for words.
23.gif

I know that your heart is hurting right now
38.gif
, and rightfully so ... I just don''t understand why some men and some women both, are so decietful and mean! Why can''t they just be honorable and be upfront with others and before they cheat on someone ... be honest and end the relationship before moving on to the next victim!

Big hug to you.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

You do have an incredible diamond. Some ideas that came to my mind are;

1. Call up the Jeweler you got it from, and see if it is still within the return period. Tell him why, maybe he will make an exception.
2. See if he can consign it.
3. You could save the diamond for "next" time and put it in a different setting. Be careful with this one, some girls wouldn''t like the "you originally bought it for another ...".
4. Trade it in on a different diamond, maybe a little bigger ... that way it will be a fresh diamond with no girl in particular in your life ...
5. Sell it ... however, you will loose quite a bit of $$.

I know the options are not grand ... but you do have some options.

Personally, I think If you couldn''t return it for a refund, I would see how close in a consignment would get you in return, if not close ... then I would save the diamond, and maybe trade up when you have met a girl worthy of your love.

Take care, and keep your chin up ...
28.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry-
I think that the above is great advice. If you can return the ring and get your money back you should and then go to Vegas for a guys'' weekend.

If you can''t return the ring and can''t stomach the idea of losing money on it, then I say lock it away until you find the ring one and then have it reset. It''s a tremendous stone, and w/ tapered baguettes or on an eternity band, or maybe w/ sapphires on the side it would be a completely different ring that would bring someone a lot of joy and happiness.

Also- as painful as this is, at least you found out now, not after the big proposal or even worse after a wedding- I know you probably don''t want to hear something like that now, but at least you got out now.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a terrible thing to find out! Honestly I''m glad you found out BEFORE the wedding though! Assuming it was bought from a vendor with an upgrade policy ... I''d hang onto it and trade up when a woman worthy of your everlasting love comes along! If it bothers you to have it around now -- saftey deposit box. I wouldn''t trade up now because the lucky upcoming lady might have different tastes in shape etc ...

If it''s not from an "upgrade friendly" vendor & it can''t be returned - consignement might be an option.

You will get through this. She wasn''t the woman you thought she was. You don''t want to be married to the woman she ACTUALLY IS. My heart goes out to you!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that''s awful...my heart goes out to you! The others have offered some good advice...I think I would contact your jeweler first and see what they can do to help. Good luck!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Very sorry to hear what you had to go through. Take good care of yourself before anything else. Wishing you peace.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results