shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice for Cleaning Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I''m finally getting an eternity band to replace my plain solid platinum wedding band. The band will be thin (2 mm), round brilliants, prong set.

I plan on wearing the eternity band 24/7. Does anyone out there have any advice on keeping it clean? On my engagement ring I use a detergent and ammonia mixture, hot water, followed by blowing with hairdryer. Works like a charm. However, this process won''t work on a ring I''m not planning on taking off. Ideas anyone?

On another note, Sharper Image has and ultrasonic cleaner. I''m thinking of this for my E ring and other jewelry. Do these things work any better than the detergent / hot water method?

Thanks.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Just a silly question...

Why wouldn''t the detergent/hairdryer combo that you are using for your one ring - work with the other?

You say - you are *not* planning to take it off while cleaning? I''m pretty sure that''s not what you mean...right?
1.gif

Anywhoo - I use a soft toothbrush and liquid cleaner for my eternity band - and clean it often so it doesn''t have time to build up. Yes, I wear it all the time as well...

dommie

Rough_Rock
Hi Laney,
I just wanted to say that I love ure ring! I just wanted to know what is this setting called in the tacori collection and what size stone do u have?
Thanks

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 11:41:34 AM
Author: dommie
Hi Laney,
I just wanted to say that I love ure ring! I just wanted to know what is this setting called in the tacori collection and what size stone do u have?
Thanks

Dommie, Here''s the link to Laney''s beautiful rings.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 11:41:34 AM
Author: dommie
Hi Laney,
Thanks
Dommie -
don''t want to hijiack this post but, a quick answer to your question.. Tacori Rosebud. My center is 1.5ctw.
1.gif

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input Laney. BTW, your ring is beautiful!

Do you clean / brush your band off while you''re wearing it? That''s what I want to do.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jo, why do you not want to take off your ring to clean it? Why will you wear it 24/7?

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring Patty! This site is so inspiring.

In answer to your question, my knuckles are large. In order to get my rings off, I have to use soap and water. It''s a hassle.

If I size my rings so they easily slide over the knuckle, say in warm weather, then they spin like crazy when they''re on.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jo! I understand how spinning can be so frustrating. My anniversary ring was top heavy and spun a lot until I had it sized down to a 4 3/4. Problem is...now it''s so snug that I often can''t get it on in the morning when my fingers are puffy. And I have thought about wearing it 24/7 like you plan to do, but I just can''t. I get all clausterphobic-feeling if I can''t get it off!

Are you getting an eternity ring with the diamonds going all the way around? Maybe you can get yours sized large enough to fit easily over your knuckles and then not worry about the spinning?

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I second the idea of getting it made large enough to slide over your knuckle. Spinning won''t really be an issue, I would imagine, since it is an eternity band and not a top heavy solitaire.

Otherwise, I would make it a habit to clean it once a week, at least. Every say, Sunday, let it soak in solution overnight, scrub it off in the morning, and then you are good to go. Diamonds just can''t do their thing if they are gunky, and eternity bands really collect junk in their little nooks and crannies.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Patty,

It''s great knowing someone can relate to my "spinning" and knuckle issues! My husband thinks I think about this stuff way too much (haha).

I want to keep the size down to where it "snuggly'' goes over the knuckle. Any larger and the ring flops around and looks funny next to my E ring.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ah, Jo, I can obsess with the best of them!

I saw this picture that you posted. Is this your ring or is this like the one that you are having made? Are you going with a full eternity band or just a half row of diamonds? I think this look is gorgeous with your amazing e-ring! I think if you just take your anniversary ring off every few days or so and give it a good scrubbing, you should be okay. I''m a hand cream freak, so I have to take my rings off a lot or they get all gunky.

band%204.JPG

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Yes that''s the look of the band. The one in the picture is a partial band. I''ll be getting an eternity band next week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would suggest you take off the ring to clean it, because cleaning when a ring is on will do murder to your skin over time. when i clean my eternity rings with them on, usually i can''t wash away all the cleaning solution and i find that my skin feels additionally dry the next day.

i have larger knuckles too and my rings sometimes scratch the skin as i pull them over if i dont have lotion on, but i have to take them off to clean them most of the time. the times that i have them on and try it, it just doesnt get the rings clean enough and the solutions aren''t the best for the skin.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results