shape
carat
color
clarity

Advic on this stone please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
A

Anonymous

Here is the info from the GIA certificate of a stone I am considering for purchase:

Carat: 1.01
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.4%
Girdle: Medium faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourescence: None
Dimensions: 6.46 x 6.50 x 3.98mm
Price (stone only): $8505 (incl. sales tax)

Does anyone have any concerns about anything above? I would love your input (good or bad) Am I getting value for money? Thanks all!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a Sarin report for the diamond? The numbers you posted look fine so far, but a Sarin would give us additional information to better judge your stone.

The price seems a bit high for an F VS1, but it''s not outrageous IMO.

Are you definitely set on getting an F VS1? I''d drop the clarity to at least VS2 (I''d even go to SI1 or SI2, personally), and I''d drop the color to G. By doing this, you will either a) save a lot of money, or b) be able to buy a bigger stone. I''d vote for the bigger stone.
9.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
The price is to high by about a $1000.00, keep searching.
1.gif

A

Anonymous

Are your prices based on internet prices or B+M prices? This is a B+M price.

Is the Sarin Report something I can get the jeweller to do for me?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the price looks good. the numbers look good. how does the stone look to you? that is what matters most. if you like it buy it!! i can get somewhat repetitive with this information: take it outside and look at it in normal light! everything looks good in the jewelery store, but it won''t be worn in a jewelery store. see if it has lots o''sparkle in "normal" lighting.

hope you find a beauty!!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
When I said your price didn''t look that bad, I was assuming you were looking at B&M. Not sure if the store can get you a Sarin report, but it doesn''t hurt to ask. Otherwise, if the store has a decent return policy, you can buy the diamond and get it appraised elsewhere -- the appraiser can run a Sarin for you.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I thought the price was an internet price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results