Premium
HI:

What an exciting thread! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting developments! :appl: :appl: :appl:

(Penn! You are moving to NC! From the distance to Atlanta, I am guessing you must be going to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area perhaps? I'm closer to Charlotte, but I just wanted to ask because we'd include you in get-togethers if you were close enough!)

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1299852327|2869511 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Yay Penn, it sounds like your whole family will love being in NC! Does moving to another state effect your adoption paperwork/timing at all?

DH's fam is from a small town outside of New Orleans so it will be great to see them (and we'll get some yummy soul food :lickout:

Actually, it doesn't affect the timing, but there will be some additional paperwork. Our agency is based in Philadelphia, so no matter what, our finalization will be there. We just have to pay for our own attorney, which we already have, and have a social worker in North Carolina that can do the follow up visits.

I went to college in New Orleans, and that's where Nate and I met. So, I love it there.

ImperfectGirl, thanks!

Diamondseeker, you are correct. So, I have to add house shopping to my daily duties. He job is going to be based in Durham, so I've started looking there. And I've contacted a Realtor and she is preparing some things for a trip I am planning. Let me just say that I'm liking the prices compared to New Jersey! Nate's mom is going to join me, and I'm trying to get my stepmom to make the trip from Birmingham. Do you think we should look in Cary?

Also, I'm open to name suggestions ladies, we've hit an impasse.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Penn, I am not really sure about the best areas because I have only been over there a few times. I'd stay as close to Nate's work as possible. Obviously you want to be in the best school district even if you plan to use private schools because it will help your resale value later. I am sure you can get a VERY nice house in NC for the money you'd have to spend in NJ! That is the fun part about moving south! (and the weather, of course!). I wish I were closer to that area and I could help you in your search. But as long as you have a good realtor, you should be fine!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pennquaker09|1299913093|2870055 said:
He job is going to be based in Durham, so I've started looking there.

Very civilized! You can't go wrong in that area.You'll be surrounded by sophisticated people in
Durham, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh. That will be great for you and Nate, but also for your kids.
But you'll also have some of the benefits of the South. Not only the cheaper housing, but the
slower pace and the better manners and general friendliness. Without the backwoods
mentality. At least that is how I remember that area. Congratulations on the new job and the
adventure, Penn!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1300067056|2871082 said:
Penn, I am not really sure about the best areas because I have only been over there a few times. I'd stay as close to Nate's work as possible. Obviously you want to be in the best school district even if you plan to use private schools because it will help your resale value later. I am sure you can get a VERY nice house in NC for the money you'd have to spend in NJ! That is the fun part about moving south! (and the weather, of course!). I wish I were closer to that area and I could help you in your search. But as long as you have a good Realtor, you should be fine!

I don't want to jump the line between just talking and being in bad taste, but I'm totally giving you one up high on the house and money comment. When we moved here, we had to increase our house budget, so when I first talked to the Realtor, and gave her the range, she was told me that we could lower it and still have more than enough to choose from.

I've been making calls to schools since last week, so I'm hoping to have all of that figured out because that will be a factor in where we buy a house. I don't want to have to wake them up early to drive to school. There are loads of private schools, but I found one that I think the twins will be very happy at. I'm just hoping we can get them in somewhere.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
WE GOT A VIDEO OF B TODAY :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I wish I could post it, but since I can't until we pass court (which is still months away--this summer of we are blessed to pass before the late summer/rainy season closing) I just wanted to say now, having seen him on video, we are even more in love with our sad, serious, gorgeous, adorable, little toddler man! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Bella, AW!!! You make my heart melt!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your DH!!!! B's the luckiest little boy in the world having parents like you!!!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bella you must be in heaven!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:
How exciting for you guys! I seriously can't wait until you guys bring that little guy home! :))

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Yep, we are so excited and just keep praying that it will go quickly!

Also, we "met" another family from our agency online who is going over to ET for court in April for their two little boys (their boys are 4 and 3 or 4 and 2, something like that) anyway, they are at the same orphanage as B, so they'll give him a hug for us and be able to tell us more about his personality and life at the orphanage!!!!!!

And, OMG--June is right around the corner for you! We saw some friends last week who are due June 1 and I was like wow, that is in just about 2 months!!! Are you all ready for Parker?!?!?!?

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
How sweet that the other family will be able to see him and report back to you guys. :))

We are getting ready, not quite there yet...I picked up some things for the nursery over the weekend and plan to tackle it in April. Our birthmom failed her 1 hr glucose test so she is going back in tomorrow morning for the 3 hr. Fingers crossed that she passes this one. Her next appt with her OB is April 13. Her OB has dubbed Parker 'wild child' and says she'd be shocked if birthmom goes the full 40 weeks. She is prediciting mid to late May. :bigsmile: It's all so surreal.

I spoke to birthmom yesterday and she confirmed that she does want us in the delivery room and for us to cut the cord. We also talked to the hospital social worker who says that we will be given a hospital room free of charge (so long as they aren't full and it's such a small town that she doesn't forsee it) to care for the baby during his hospital stay if that is birthmom's choice and birthmom says that it is. We were just stoked that something was FREE, lol! :lol:

eta...birthmom is 28 weeks tomorrow

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1300727958|2876576 said:
How sweet that the other family will be able to see him and report back to you guys. :))

We are getting ready, not quite there yet...I picked up some things for the nursery over the weekend and plan to tackle it in April. Our birthmom failed her 1 hr glucose test so she is going back in tomorrow morning for the 3 hr. Fingers crossed that she passes this one. Her next appt with her OB is April 13. Her OB has dubbed Parker 'wild child' and says she'd be shocked if birthmom goes the full 40 weeks. She is prediciting mid to late May. :bigsmile: It's all so surreal.

I spoke to birthmom yesterday and she confirmed that she does want us in the delivery room and for us to cut the cord. We also talked to the hospital social worker who says that we will be given a hospital room free of charge (so long as they aren't full and it's such a small town that she doesn't forsee it) to care for the baby during his hospital stay if that is birthmom's choice and birthmom says that it is. We were just stoked that something was FREE, lol! :lol:

IG if it helps, about 25% of women fail the 1 hour screen but only about 3-4% have GD, so there is a very high false positive rate. Hopefully that is the case for birthmom too!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1300738327|2876740 said:
ImperfectGirl|1300727958|2876576 said:

IG if it helps, about 25% of women fail the 1 hour screen but only about 3-4% have GD, so there is a very high false positive rate. Hopefully that is the case for birthmom too!

Good to know, thanks so much for chiming in Dreamer!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to hear everyone's news.

Imperfect, you totally reminded me that I have to start getting the nursery together. One thing that's been super important to me is to make sure the twins get the same amount of attention they're used to. Savannah has started talking about her birthday party and I'm ashamed to admit, that I haven't made any plans for their party yet.

I went to Durham this past weekend and my stepmom and MIL both came in to help me look at houses. We looked at one that was like 15 minutes from both the hospital and the school that I really want the twins to attend. There were a lot of homes I liked, but in quite a few of them, I was underwhelmed by the kitchens. I cook at least two meals a day almost everyday of the week, and that's important that I can continue to do that.

I've got so much to do! And for once, I'm not sure where to begin.

Also, we still haven't gotten anywhere with naming the baby.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick fly by:

Imperfect - Wow, mid-late May, that's going to be here before you know it! I can't wait to meet Parker and wish you lots of luck in getting everything done before he makes his grand entrance!

Bella - That is so cool that another family will get to see you little guy and bring back news. I know you must be crazy waiting right now, but I know you will get the green light to proceed soon. Take care!

Penn - A move with twins and a new baby, you are a rock star lady! Good luck with the move and hopefully you will find a place you love.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Dcgator, I'm a guy. :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
!

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I've been reading the wonderful news for everyone here, and I'm really happy and excited for you all!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Penn - Wow...I thought I had a lot on my plate! A move, house hunting, birthdays, a baby, oh my! :lol: I'm with you on the kitchen thing...that room is pretty important to me as well and I hate to settle considering it's one of the most used rooms in the house.

DCgator - thanks! April starts the end of next weeks so we are definitely in a mad dash to make sure we are ready.

Thanks Zoe!

As for us...Birth mom did fail her 3 hr glucose test so now her diet is being monitored. It'll be about another week or so before we get the reports from that appointment and I didn't want to bombard her with questions so I'll find out more in a bit. She did tell me that she'd have more ultrasounds the later she got into the pregnancy to monitor his growth. They also told her that there may be a chance of induction depending on the health of birthmom and baby and whether his size may complicate delivery. 82 days until his due date...not that I'm counting or anything. :bigsmile: :cheeky:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG-I hope that the birth mom stays healthy I can't imagine how excited you must be!!!!! 82 days!!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG-I totally thought of you this weekend. I had a bus trip to Seattle and on my flight out I was sitting next to a woman about my age, her father, and her 2 week old baby. The woman and her dad were white and the baby was very dark (and absolutely adorable!!!), so I oh so casually brought up adoption and sure enough, she was adopting, had just gotten the ICPC approved, and was flying home with her new baby (her third child, each of which was adopted as a newborn)...for her third child it took over 2 years before she had a match and then she went through a pregnancy and had a birth mom change her mind which was really hard. So she told her agency she didn't want to be matched again until after birth, so she got the call that she was matched a few days after the baby was born, flew to the midwest the next day, and now was flying back after waiting 10 days for her ICPC! Crazy short timeline:)

Anyway, I was thinking about you and Parker and how that will be your flight very very soon :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bella_mezzo|1301328667|2881865 said:
IG-I totally thought of you this weekend. I had a bus trip to Seattle and on my flight out I was sitting next to a woman about my age, her father, and her 2 week old baby. The woman and her dad were white and the baby was very dark (and absolutely adorable!!!), so I oh so casually brought up adoption and sure enough, she was adopting, had just gotten the ICPC approved, and was flying home with her new baby (her third child, each of which was adopted as a newborn)...for her third child it took over 2 years before she had a match and then she went through a pregnancy and had a birth mom change her mind which was really hard. So she told her agency she didn't want to be matched again until after birth, so she got the call that she was matched a few days after the baby was born, flew to the midwest the next day, and now was flying back after waiting 10 days for her ICPC! Crazy short timeline:)

Anyway, I was thinking about you and Parker and how that will be your flight very very soon :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Awwww! This totally made me tear up...I can't wait for that flight home! :)) Thanks for thinking of me Bella!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
That is so awesome, Bella!IP, that's going to be the best flight ever!

So, we put in an offer on a house on Saturday, and I'm waiting to hear back. We have others in mind if this one falls through, but I think this would be a great place for us. Not too big, and not too small.

This morning, I had a moment. I don't think Nate knew what to do because he's not the crying type. He's cried twice, the day the twins were born and the day or our ceremony. I don't know why I got so emotional.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorite threads. Exciting things are certainly happening!

Penn-Best of luck with your offer on the house!

ImperfectGirl-Great news on being in the delivery room!

Bella-Your trip will be coming up soon. As someone who has travelled, I can tell you that it is more exciting than you can imagine!

All of you are in the middle of truly wonderful adventures. Bless all of you!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
pennquaker09|1301336903|2881956 said:
That is so awesome, Bella!IP, that's going to be the best flight ever!

So, we put in an offer on a house on Saturday, and I'm waiting to hear back. We have others in mind if this one falls through, but I think this would be a great place for us. Not too big, and not too small.

This morning, I had a moment. I don't think Nate knew what to do because he's not the crying type. He's cried twice, the day the twins were born and the day or our ceremony. I don't know why I got so emotional.

Best wishes on the house Penn! I hope it works out :))

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Penn-I hope that the house works out too!

AGBF-thanks! We are really frustrated right now b/c we found out yesterday that USCIS hasn't even assigned a case worker to our I-600A application and has no idea when it will be processed...so...I am now beginning daily phone calls to check on the status...but it is really frustrating and scary b/c with the times to pass court and embassy we are literally starting to get right up against the court closing during the rainy season which would add another 2-3 months to the timeline...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the house, Penn!!!

Bella, how very exciting that you have a video! But I totally understand the anxiety over the paperwork. Been there! Hugs!

IG, sounds like things are moving along well!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella - I'm so sorry to hear about the delays with the USCIS. I stopped by your blog yesterday, and my heart dropped when I read about it. You must be so frustrated and so sad. I am so sorry that the process is so inefficient. :blackeye: Hoping you get good news soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1301452423|2883170 said:

AGBF-thanks! We are really frustrated right now b/c we found out yesterday that USCIS hasn't even assigned a case worker to our I-600A application and has no idea when it will be processed...so...I am now beginning daily phone calls to check on the status...but it is really frustrating and scary b/c with the times to pass court and embassy we are literally starting to get right up against the court closing during the rainy season which would add another 2-3 months to the timeline...

I will keep you in my prayers BELLA!!!

IG, that is awesome you will be in the delivery room. Keeping the momma in my prayers too!

PENN best wishes on the house.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bella_mezzo|1301452423|2883170 said:

Ugh, how frustrating Bella! I'm so sorry for the hang up and hoping they get it together soon. Sometimes I just don't get when these kinds of things happen. When there are great people ready and willing to provide loving homes for children, you'd think everything would be done to make it happen as soon as possible for the child's sake. Ahhhh! I'll be praying that this hiccup passes quickly and it all gets back on track soon.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and support.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi guys...

We'd appreciate any prayers/good thoughts/vibes from you all. Our birthmom fell and is in the ER with a suspected broken arm. I know they took Xrays of her arm and are checking everything with the baby. Her phone call was brief and the service was bad in the hospital so I don't have all the details right now...just hoping they are both ok.

Thanks so much

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results