shape
carat
color
clarity

adding onto DF''s thread: Are you getting your DH/BF a gift for Valentine''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Or doing something special for him? If so, what is it?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Yes and no. See, his birthday is the day after V-Day so naturally I am getting him stuff for that, and I might just give him one of the presents as a V-Day present, not sure yet. I''ll at least get him a card and his favorite candy or something.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubbies is on the 15th also!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe - my DH''s birthday is on the 12th, so I''m in a similar boat. He demands 2 separate gifts, the "divo" that he is (anyone remember Jessica Simpson on Newlyweds saying that male ballerinas are ballerinOs? So my DH must be a DivO
2.gif
) Anyway, he wanted a Palm Treo phone for his birthday so that''s what I got him, and he''s getting an electronic dictionary/thesaurus for Vday. Not very romantic, but he needs it!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t having ME in his life special enough?
emwink.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
We''ll probably go out for dinner when I''ll go home for Spring Break on the 25th and that''s that. He''s saving up for my ring and I''m saving up for his engagement present, so nothing fancy for us on v-day!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Our five year is the 20th and we just got engaged so he is getting a little gift basket:
Alienware Computer (maxxed out)
Leather valet try (thank you shopping forum!)
36.gif

Nice frame with 8 pictures of us in it.
A plane ticket.
9.gif

I am also working on a scrap book with photos from when we meet on, I am getting pictures from everyone we know but I think it will have to wait until our birthdays (March) or graduation (May).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 6:26:42 PM
Author: sevens one
Isn't having ME in his life special enough?
emwink.gif

DH did ask me if I was going to get him something yesterday. I am going to tell him that. Hahaha.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silk pocket square; he''s a really skinny guy, and I think the extra splash of color will make his shoulders appear wider. Of course, I''m really going to tell him it''s so I''ll always be close to his heart
2.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Wow, some of you have great gift ideas! Don''t let MY hubby hear about these or he''ll feel slighted...

Going to get him a box of Vosges chocolates and leave it somewhere where he''ll stumble across it. Vosges truffles comes in such great flavors and he just LOVES them. Yum yum!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
emwink.gif
That is exactly what my fiance is getting, literally
2.gif
With the wedding this spring and us paying for it, we simply decided we will go out to dinner and that''s it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always give my DH something silly just for fun. This year I found a pair of "lounging shorts" at Target--they have cowboys and horses all over them (Nick and Nora--they used to be my favorite jammies til they sold out to Targhay, now the quality just ain''t what it used to be, imo). Anyway, they were $7.99 and just too funny to pass up! I''ll probably get some other fun stuff over the weekend when I''m out...he likes Burt''s Bees products, and has a huge sweet tooth so maybe some Valentine''s cookies from our favorite bakery.

We never go out for expensive dinners for V-Day (last year it was the local Mexican joint, and in years past we''ve stayed in and made lobster tails), but we like to celebrate the holiday no matter what. It''s a highlight during the dark winter months when we''ve gotten sick of being stuck inside--kind of breaks up the monotony!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 7:14:23 PM
Author: qtiekiki

emwink.gif

DH did ask me if I was going to get him something yesterday. I am going to tell him that. Hahaha.
Ha- DH always says his gift to me is our children! He calls them the gift that keeps on giving.
38.gif
32.gif
9.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 6:12:58 PM
Author: kaleigh
My hubbies is on the 15th also!!

It''s fun because we have two fun days back-to-back
9.gif

He wants a Gameboy, being the big kid that he is, because he loves video games and it gives him something to do at work when its slow. So, I am getting him that and Sirius for his car, since my mom got me one for Christmas and he loves it. He needs shoes too, but of course, he wants expensive ones so I don''t know about those yet, might have to wait until after his B-day. And I''ll probably get him a movie and video game or something.

I know he''s not expecting the Sirius, so I plan on installing it in his car one night while he''s sleeping so he can be pleasantly surprised before work. So, I might have to do that the night before V-Day and that be his Valentine''s present.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 8:37:00 PM

Date: 2/9/2006 7:14:23 PM
Author: qtiekiki

emwink.gif

Ha- DH always says his gift to me is our children! He calls them the gift that keeps on giving.
38.gif
32.gif
9.gif
That''s cute, but I thought they would be your gift to him since you gave birth to them.
33.gif
Well DH is definitely not giving that gift to me (even though MIL is kind of aching for that, but that''s another story).

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
We each got matching Black Nano''s today! It wasn''t supposed to be specifically for Valentine''s, but it works for us!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, he's right Nan!

I've seen the photos of your kidz....they absolutely gorgeous!

Blod
35.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I never know what to get my FI, but you guys have come up with some good ideas. I like the silly gift stuff...I think a trip to target is in my future!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I got him a card! On the front is a girl on her tip toes reaching up to kiss a boy (it reminds me of us when we kiss he so much taller than me) on the inside it says ''You are everything I want and more than I deserve''
4.gif
I love the card!!!

I don''t know what I''m getting him.... probably nothing since I have bills to pay off and a wedding to save for. Plus his birthday is in a month away which I will get him something for that..what I have no idea.

We are however, cooking dinner together this weekend....that should be fun.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
tulips, white choc. truffles (going to try to make), random scandalous gift (bc come on, who is the stereotypical lingerie *really* for anyway???)

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
oh, and we''re putting it off until the weekend bc we both have massive projects due on the day.

he''s probably cooking me dinner (which won''t probably be too good but it is the thought that counts---hopefully he will try steak which is hard to ruin if you don''t fuss with it too much)

I also asked him to get me some bubble bath and bath salts.

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
I got my bf an engraved wristcuff (posted in another thread- - - wristcuff thread )

And I bought some shirts because he LOVES clothes (and I have good taste in clothing
2.gif
)

A beautiful card and a box of his favorite candies
1.gif

And I put together a cd of Slow Jams for him so he''ll stop stealing all of my slow jam cds
9.gif
LOL!

I have a few other things planned for us too...but depending on if he made some plans as well, we might have to work that all out. We''ll see....

5.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
DH is getting a candlelit dinner on our china made by moi. We've never really gotten stuff for each other (although i usually get flowers) and we take turns cooking dinner. We are very no fuss. OH! I also give him a homemade card every year filled with something sweet and gooshy. When we moved last year i was surprised to learn his still has them all!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I WAS going to get him a couple of tickets to see NIN in March. Before they went on sale, we talked about the fact that we can''t afford anything, and decided we wouldn''t have a gift exchange for V-Day. I then told him what I was going to get him and he said that he wouldn''t have wanted them anyway because although he loves the band, he hates the concert scene. Oh well... Saved me money!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
NIN is awesome live, but I can understand why he doesn''t like the concert scene. Either you love them or you don''t.

On a similar note, my BF got me tickets to see Staind for V-Day, which we did Wednesday night and it was the best gift ever because I have been waiting 5 years to see them live. Plus my best friend went too and I haven''t seen her in like 4 months. It was a great night. He was planning on getting me some form of jewelery also, but I told him not to since I''m getting my ring soon.
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m getting us ballroom dancing lessons! i doubt he is getting me anything as he has already said that my future upgrade is part of this vday gift. i said OKAY.
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like fun Mara. What a neat idea!!

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
We are going to be in Dublin, Ireland, (staying in a castle is he gift) so I have arranged a private tour of the guiness factory with a five star chef making us dinner after. He has no idea
36.gif
(

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
hubby is going to come home to a clean house, nice bottle of wine, scrumptious dinner and a wife that actually shaved her legs and is wearing matching undergarments!
41.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a spectacular deal online & booked us a romantic weekend package at an inn in Vermont that includes stuff like champagne/choc/dinner/breakfast etc. It''s our first V-day together actually (long story) as well as our first one engaged - (& only our second trip w/o the dog!!) Wanted it to be xtra special.

I''m hoping against hope that his gift to me is SNOWMOBILING (which is crazy expensive but something I''ve never done & always, always wanted to). Forecast looks good, too, ladies -- 2 feet of snow in the northeast this weekend.
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif
9.gif
. (Wish me luck!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results