shape
carat
color
clarity

Adding diamonds to a e-ring for 10th anniversary?

Kerrymann

Rough_Rock
Our 10th anniversary is coming up in the end of June and I was thinking of surprising my wife by getting slightly smaller diamonds the original ring on either side of the solitaire. These 2 new diamonds would reflect how family has grown with our two children. I had a couple questions. Good idea? She is very sentimental and in the past has been emphatic that she wants to keep the ring. Her Mom has "upgraded" her ring a few times and she didn't think much of it. Second, how much would it typically cost to have this done (minus the cost of the stones)? And how long would it take? I'd like it to be a surprise and a few days for "cleaning" is possible but more then that and the surprise will be gone.

Thanks in advance,

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I'd rather see a 3 stone band to go with her solitaire. You have to come up with a budget and then we can help you select the stones and the setting. Can you get a photo of her solitaire and we can then make suggestions. If she is sentimental and loves her engagment ring then a new ring to wear with it or on the other hand would be the best suggestion

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a 3 stone ring that incorporates a special meaning to it. Congrats on the upcoming 10 year anniversary. However, it seems that your wife might disagree with me though as she has stated quite clearly that she want to keep the ring. Due to the high metal price today, expect the new setting to cost around $1K, depending on if it is custom or a stock setting. I think a stock setting will be far less than $1K. Custom will take a few weeks but a stock setting only a day or two, depending on the jeweller's workload. Based on her comments, I would think about other options to reflect growth of the family with either a new band or coloured stone right hand ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results