shape
carat
color
clarity

Add me to the list. please Bee. I''ve got a date and a venue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Yeay, Gypsy! That''s the day after my wedding, so I''m particularly partial to that date and time of year! I can''t wait to see how it turns out!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I''m so happy this is all coming together for you!!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, this pulled me out of lurk-dom!
2.gif

I am so happy to hear your news and I cannot wait to see/hear all about your big day! Best Wishes!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww... you guys are so sweet. And provide me with some much needed support and a smile today.

My mother just pulled the rug out from under me today (TODAY! AFTER we booked). I think she''s irritated because she didn''t like Garre very much, and she''s been giving me (ridiculous) suggestions all week convinced that they are more cost effective (they aren''t) options. They have no faith in me. They talk to two people who tell them what their kids did, and they are convinced they are experts and I''m an idiot who hasn''t been researching this stuff for YEARS. I was livid and just lost it today... so emotional I litterally was shaking and sobbing and heartbroken. I''m going to make this work, but well, I''m really depressed about it right now. And angry. And really hurt. I hate my family sometimes.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, how sorry I am to hear this!! My first reaction was to write a scathing commentary (which I did, but the computer deleted it - probably just as well). I''ll try to be nicer this time.

Be very firm with your relatives, and inform them clearly and concisely that no changes are being made to your wedding plans! If one of them starts to "offer suggestions" quickly change the subject; if that person persists, hang up the phone or walk away. Harsh? Maybe. Necessary? Absolutely!

Two weddings have already been sabotaged and this will not be their third victory.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Isabel. I''ve been SEETHING all day. I''m not gonna let them ruin this one. I''m adamant.

It just bugs the HECK out of me. My parents just bought a computer. An apple (without the PC platform) on the advise of an 11 year old. They can''t use it, they don''t know how. It''s a complete foriegn language to them. That''s money down the drain.

Yet their daughter, the lawyer, who researches the &(^*% out of everything. Is KNOWN for getting good to great deals in the family, who has been planning this wedding for YEARS, they don''t trust. They are SURE that this person''s advise, or that person''s advice is better.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Aw Gypsy. You will make it work, and it''ll be a beautiful wedding.

My parents are the same way, trusting strangers over their daughter''s intelligence and experience. There''s no way of changing it. I try as hard as I can to ignore it.

So excited that you picked a place!!! Let the planning resume!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 2:54:19 PM
Author: Gypsy
with a very reasonable cockage fee, which made John happy.
I''m sorry, but this made me laugh!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 1:32:53 PM
Author: surfgirl

Oh LORD. *blushing*

That''s terrible.

Hello Freud?

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 1:34:42 PM
Date: 2/4/2008 1:32:53 PM

Author: surfgirl

Oh LORD. *blushing*

That''s terrible.

Hello Freud?
OMG, why didn''t I catch that earlier!?! That made me laugh too.

I am sorry that your family is driving you nuts. In the past you and John needed to work things out, now you are both in a place where you are ready to commit to each other in spite of your families. Don''t let this get you down. Stand strong, you have gone through so much you deserve to have the wedding of your dreams not theirs

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, so sorry your mom is giving you such a hard time. I really think this is something so many people struggle with - I see it with my DH and his mother all the time, that she just can''t seem to trust him to behave like an adult and make good decisions.

All I can say is I''m sorry you have to put up with this, but that I''m glad you''re resolved to go through with your (excellent, well-researched) plan for your wedding - I think that shows great strength of character.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 3:03:18 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Oh honey, so sorry your mom is giving you such a hard time. I really think this is something so many people struggle with - I see it with my DH and his mother all the time, that she just can''t seem to trust him to behave like an adult and make good decisions.

All I can say is I''m sorry you have to put up with this, but that I''m glad you''re resolved to go through with your (excellent, well-researched) plan for your wedding - I think that shows great strength of character.

Thank you honey. She''s between a rock and a hard place, and I know that, but it doesn''t make it any easier. My step dad is PITA, but he''s her husband. We just talked, calmly, and I made my point. At least for now, things are settled, and she''s resigned to the Garre wedding and even looking forward to it.

Wedding is on schedule. I''ve asked her not to make any comments or references or criticisms regarding the wedding in front of my step dad from now on, and she''s agreed. And I''ve also asked her that if she has concerns and wants to understand my reasoning for the choices I''m making, to come to me and ask me to explain, instead of making assumptions. She agreed to both.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Gypsy! I''m glad everything is back on track. It isn''t always easy dealing with family, is it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 6:48:31 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Good Gypsy! I''m glad everything is back on track. It isn''t always easy dealing with family, is it?
No. It''s not.

Honestly, it''s not helped by the fact that I''m overly sensitive at this point. THe minute they say ANYTHING, or do ANYTHING that even hints at screwing with this I''m like a rabid dog without a leash. I was shaking with anger for HOURS yesterday. I''m just wiped today as a result. Just not good. My mom isn''t well, so it''s not good for her either. So we''ve both promised to be better to ourselves and to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results