shape
carat
color
clarity

Actual diamonds and pricing - find same stone multi places

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
Hi there, fairly new to doing diamond research. I am not engaged but hope to be at some point and just like to be knowledgable and informed. In doing searches here on Pricescope, I have noticed that sometimes the same stone is at both Solomon Bros and USA Certd. Solomon Bros is generally a little less but when you look at the GIA cert it is the same stone. Today, I happened to search Union diamonds and found the same stone that was already listed at Solomon bros and USA as well. What the heck? Where are the actual diamonds? Is there a vault and all the stores list them and then get them in when someone wants to see them? These are probably pretty silly questions but I am so confused! Thank you for the clarification. - Sonya

FrankTheO2Tank

Rough_Rock
Re: Actual diamonds and pricing - find same stone multi plac

In these circumstances typically the diamond you are looking at is just being listed on multiple exchanges. It could be located pretty much anywhere, basically the exchanges you see it on are just acting as a middle man between a dealer somewhere and you. If you buy it, it may or may not ever go to the store that you bought it from, many times these diamonds are shipped direct to you from wherever they are being held. Hope this helps!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results