color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1445192838|3939617 said:
Any news from your side DK?

I am finalising the CAD of the last of 4 rings to be made, and have started to make arrangement to meet mochiko42 when I am in HK in November.

I shall need to work on the designs of the next few jewellery items to be made, as I shall be meeting up with the jeweller while I am in HK.

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1445197751|3939641 said:
Acinom|1445192838|3939617 said:
Any news from your side DK?

I am finalising the CAD of the last of 4 rings to be made, and have started to make arrangement to meet mochiko42 when I am in HK in November.

I shall need to work on the designs of the next few jewellery items to be made, as I shall be meeting up with the jeweller while I am in HK.

You will need to tell me all about the designs when we meet up :D I am on a ban so it will be great to enjoy your projects :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom love your ban breaking zircon, the colour is rich and you also get the bonus dispersion. :appl:
The other rings on Chris' finger are also very beautiful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: oww, how exiting for you! Is the Richard Homer Ammy one of the 4 projects?
Great fun that you and Mochiko will meet each other in HK! Hopefully you will describe and share your get together here on PS ladies.

Thank you lovinggems: Chris has incredible items for sale but also has a stunning private collection. The top stone is an apatite and the one below is a paler more blue zircon than mine.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oww, look at that deep blue Tanzi from Gene:

_561.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! My blue green zircon has safely arrived at Greenlake Jewelry Works:

_562.jpeg

_563.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So fascinating to see the differences in photography and thus in appearance:

I love this stone and I am looking forward to see it with my own eyes:

_564.jpeg

_565.jpeg

_566.jpeg

_567.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Holy smokes, that zircon is a beauty! It will be stunning in the peacock setting, the color is perfect. Are you going to do little accent stones on the ring? I am looking forward to hearing about your design experience with GL.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1445275920|3939876 said:
DK: oww, how exiting for you! Is the Richard Homer Ammy one of the 4 projects?
I shall bring the RH Amethyst and Doug's natural blue topazes to HK with me, and they will be set after the current 4 projects (4 rings with non-expensive JD stones, one made already - the blue zircon heart).

I shall update my thread with the CADs for the remaining 3 rings to be made.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1445285620|3939965 said:
So fascinating to see the differences in photography and thus in appearance:

I love this stone and I am looking forward to see it with my own eyes:

It is a gorgeous gem! The blue-green-teal colors almost look like untreated tanzanite/zoisite. A beautiful peacock color. You always nab the most fantastic stones, Acinom. :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you're doing a green lake ring

I know their designs really captivated you so I can't wait to see what you come up with

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1445287032|3939980 said:
Holy smokes, that zircon is a beauty! It will be stunning in the peacock setting, the color is perfect. Are you going to do little accent stones on the ring? I am looking forward to hearing about your design experience with GL.

Thank you Picante! I am thrilled with the stone. I indeed love the idea of accent stones. Not sure yet on the type of stone or colour. I love the idea of blue sapphires, but they might be too dark and I cannot determine with my own eyes whether the colour will match. I will ask Green Lake whether blue sapphires will match or to suggest other options.
I love the mid blue diamonds you used in combination with the gorgeous teal blue sapphire.

_573.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: isn't it great that we can have our stones set all over the world! I love the heart zircon ring and I am looking forward to see the other creations. And yay for the ammy and topazes to be set. I love love love the colour and cut of your ammy. And it will be great to see 2 natural blue topazes set. Doug did such a great job.
Happy anticipation for the HK trip. And indeed please update your thread.

mochiko: that's a huge compliment. Thank you! I was already fascinated by the photo of the pre cut stone. I could not have hoped for the stone to come out this beautiful. Would love to work with Chris again. He has such a great eye for amazing stones.

niel: I am indeed captivated by the Green Lake designs and the design picante has created with the designer is absolutely stunning. I have not seen anything like it before and the quality seems top notch.
Are you working on any projects currently?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Love your new blue teal zircon!!! Can't wait to see it set by GL.

S

SparkliesLuver

Love, love, love your newest addition, Acinom! :clap: :love: I'd love to find a sapphire of that color. Maybe someday. haha

I cannot wait to see your pictures!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_ said:
Love your new blue teal zircon!!! Can't wait to see it set by GL.
Thank you for your kind words lovesvintage. I am so glad I happened to have an extensive look at Chris Auletta's FB page. That was when I found a pic of the stone before the recut. I cannot wait to see it in picante's peacock design. It will take a while though before I will have it set. I need a little break 8-)

SparkliesLuver said:
Love, love, love your newest addition, Acinom! :clap: :love: I'd love to find a sapphire of that color. Maybe someday. haha

I cannot wait to see your pictures!
sparkliesluver: thank you!! A sapphire in that colour will look great. Knowing you, I am convinced you will find it.
Are you enjoying your new rings? Still hoping and waiting for your group pic :naughty:

_586.jpeg

_587.jpeg

_588.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
sparkliesluver: thank you!! A sapphire in that colour will look great. Knowing you, I am convinced you will find it.
Are you enjoying your new rings? Still hoping and waiting for your group pic :naughty:

Aw, thank you. I've been searching for over a year, but I'm not giving up. Need to build up the piggy bank again though. ;-) I do have a couple things in the works, so ... it might be a little while before that happens. :lol: I'm really enjoying my new rings. I find myself wearing my son's ring quite often as it makes me happy. Oh, yes! So sorry. I will try to do that this week.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1445449386|3940697 said:
Acinom said:

Aw, thank you. I've been searching for over a year, but I'm not giving up. Need to build up the piggy bank again though. ;-) I do have a couple things in the works, so ... it might be a little while before that happens. :lol: I'm really enjoying my new rings. I find myself wearing my son's ring quite often as it makes me happy. Oh, yes! So sorry. I will try to do that this week.

Your boys-ring is so beautiful and easy to wear. And the emotional meaning makes it extra meaningful.
What project do you have in the works??? Please share your project update :wavey: What is the status on that purplish/magenta stone from TGT?
Looking forward to see your group pics sparkliesluver.

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you. Yes, the meaning behind it makes it super special. It also convinced me that stones don't always have to be large...even though I still love larger stones. :naughty:

I'm waiting on setting the rubellite from TGT until mid-late 2016 although I have designs in mind. :) I've recently acquired a 7-stone red spinel suite and am waiting to add some red spinel melee to it. I also have a design firmly in mind for this one. Lastly, I have a piece of old stock blue Newry, Maine tourmaline rough that's being cut (hopefully) sometime in the near future.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some fabulous projects coming up!
Any pics of the spinel and tourmaline?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you. I can say the same to you! ;-)

haha I do. I just didn't want to thread-jack you! Neither of them are great pictures, but they're what I have at the moment.

suite_7.jpg

newry1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1445452326|3940726 said:
Thank you. I can say the same to you! ;-)

haha I do. I just didn't want to thread-jack you! Neither of them are great pictures, but they're what I have at the moment.

Oooh, I like :love: Thank you for sharing this eye candy. You have such a great eye for beautiful stones and settings. Looking forward to see your setting ideas.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you. You're welcome. I shall stop thread-jacking now! :lol: I won't set anything in the remaining months of 2015, but 2016 has the potential to be an eventful year. :)

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Hi Acinom :wavey: After seeing the 2 pics you posted of my ring, I realized there's one thing I forgot to mention. The original design had the stone sitting up quite high. When I got the sapphire, I asked DK to set it as low as possible. He ended up removing the bar thingy (technical term) so it would sit right on the peacocks instead of up above. I like it much better sitting lower.

peacock_ring_2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, thank you for mentioning this picante. I can clearly see the difference. I like it much much better sitting low, so I will discuss this with Amber when the projects starts.

_594.jpeg

_595.jpeg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
eeeee!

Great choice, Acinom! Picante's ring is out of this world and your gem is truly perfect for it- geez! can I get one too, lol! Lovely.

Very excited for this project!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got some CAD pics from the lovely Green Lake designer with the accent stones with blue, green and white diamonds. In the CAD's the stone looked very blue so I manipulated the pics on my Iphone to at least see the top left pic with a greenish center stone.
The blue diamonds will be lighter in real life than in my manipulated pic I think (like in Picante's ring?). The green diamonds seem a bit olive coloured.

I love the idea of green diamonds but only if it's not too olive. Would yellow be an option?

_596.jpeg

_597.jpeg

_598.jpeg

_599.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1445464657|3940828 said:
eeeee!

Great choice, Acinom! Picante's ring is out of this world and your gem is truly perfect for it- geez! can I get one too, lol! Lovely.

Aww, thank you for your kind words apacherose! Thank you for your enthusiasm. I love how we all share the fun here.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1445465016|3940832 said:
apacherose|1445464657|3940828 said:
eeeee!

Aww, thank you for your kind words apacherose! Thank you for your enthusiasm. I love how we all share the fun here.

Me, too. I honestly have such affection for this bunch of internet groupies. My husband might say I need to get out more.... but whatever. It is so great to be able to share. Are you doing white gold? (sorry if I missed it if you said) This peacock ring is right up my alley- I love the romantic lines and intricate detail.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I think white diamonds might get lost in the setting, they kind of blend in with the platinum details instead of accent. I like the blue or green best, yellow might look good too or maybe tiny purple sapphires?

Edit to add that your stone looks great in the setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results