shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA melee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering if WhiteFlash sell their ACA melee stones loose?

Now that I have my H&A RB stone for my engagement ring, I''m now wanting the side stones to be H&A too
20.gif

If they do sell them loose (I''m wanting 1 pointers for a bead set band), would they ship to Australia?

Otherwise what else should I do? I think it''s pretty hard to get H&A stones in Australia. I bought my centre stone from Diamond Exchange and they don''t sell stones this small.

Thanks in advance!
13.gif

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m near Melbourne too and am expecting my cushion cut from Mark T to arrive Monday or Tuesday...it''s been a long wait! Just wondering if you''ve decided on someone to set your stone?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2006 9:22:18 AM
Author:MissIndecisive

If they do sell them loose (I''m wanting 1 pointers for a bead set band)...

Otherwise what else should I do?

Order the ring to be made by WF... However, I doubt they are the one and only sellers of ideal cut melee. Those are called ''A Cut Above'' because the H&A are called ''A Cut Above'', perhaps they make a selection, dunno. These stones go by various names (Ideal of Belgian melee - whatever, not that those mean the same in every shop... as usual.). H&A is not common description for these small diamonds, but that doesn''t mean that what you get is not the same product. Sure enough, by now these guys are WF made strides with their pave and respective tiny diamonds, so there would be no more search involved
2.gif

My 2c

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ruby, I''m in Sydney and yes I have picked my jeweller, my boss recommended him to me. He was going to get the melee stones for me, but now that I''ve seen my lovely H&A, it would be just great to match them!
3.gif

Thank you strmdr and Ana for answering my questions.

Do you think it''s worth it to get H&A/ideal cut stones for such a small melee? Actually, I think I don''t mind that much if they aren''t H&A but I just want to make sure that they are all ideal cut stones.

I guess I could have my bands made by WhiteFlash but I have been quoted a really good price from my jeweller and I''m sure it would end up being quite pricey with shipping, exchange rate and all that to Australia. But you know, I think I might look into it. I will also contact Gary Holloway.

Do you know of any internet vendor that will sell ideal cut 1pointers loose?

Thanks everyone
10.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I my opinion in melee that small it is really hard to tell a difference between ideal cut melee and the aca''s. I have a WF eternity band with .03 and it sparkles like crazy but next to my other jewelery with ideal stones there isn''t a noticable difference to my eyes. I think Mara''s e-ring is ideal cut .02''s and her wedding band was made with WF aca''s in .03''s and she wears them next to each other and says she can''t really tell a difference either. I second contacting Gary
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a larger stone it is important to have the contrast to make the stone twinkle. With the smalls it can be okay to have a stone that is all brilliance so that they are shining little beacons of light. They will look marginally better if they have the good contrast, but it is not as important as it is in the larger stones. This is just my opinion of course, and I welcome all others.

On a side note, many of the well cut smalls will exhibit about a 90% H&A pattern on lots that I have been seeing lately that are machine cut in both Israel and India. Better cutting is gradually working its way into the market, even in the smalls and at surprisingly small premiums. I looked at a parcel of tens the other day that were $20 more per carat than some well cut stones that were close, but no cigar, in the cutting department. (less than a 5% premium) I looked at a parcel of fives that were half 90% H&A''s and half really nice that were actually $5 cheaper than a parcel of nice. (two parcels from one dealer with the really good cuts, the other two parcels from another dealer, nice, better than average cuts, but not as worthy as the other two parcels.)

Your jeweler should be able to get some really well cut diamonds, even if you do have to pay a ten to twenty percent premium in The Land Down Under. They are there and they are nice. Do not settle for anything you have not looked at, you will be surprised how nice the smalls can look. Look especially for dark centers and turn them down. Look for bright centers and edges and jouyously put them in your ring!

Wink

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your very informative post, wink
9.gif

I will get in contact with Gary and see what he says.

Thanks all
13.gif

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a ball park figure of the price of ideal or H&A RB, F/G/H colour 1 pointers?

Thank you!
13.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs salvo is right...i have an e-ring with 3 pointers of ''ideal cut'' melee and a w-ring with 2 pointers of ACA and i can''t see a difference in sparkle from day to day with the rings worn together, they both look fabulous in terms of sparkle on the rings...its fun to have the ACA melee in stuff (i have them in my diamond toe rings!) but if you can''t get ahold of them then i''d definitely try to find ideal cut locally and go with those. call garry!

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:19:29 AM
Author: Mara
...its fun to have the ACA melee in stuff (i have them in my diamond toe rings!)
6.gif
Damn girl!!! Now that''s what I''m talkin'' about!!
10.gif
2.gif

I''ve sent Garry an email so I''ll hear something soon

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
With 1 pointers I''d seriously consider single cuts.
I ran into some the other day and they were wow!
They look a lot bigger for the size because of the bigger sparkles.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good point storm..Leon Mege talks about the differences between full cut melee and single cut melee here, definitley worth considering..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results