shape
carat
color
clarity

About to purchase...any thoughts on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vancouvernewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Here are the numbers that I have...

GemScan certificate (Canada)
Princess 1.10 VS-1 H
5.72 x 5.61 x 4.08
Depth 72.7%
Table 75%
Pavilion 58.5
Crown 40.6
Girdle Medium
Cut "Good"

I have seen this stone several times and it looks beautiful to me through a regular loop and IS...although I am a beginner.
The ring is set in 19K gold ring for $4800 CDN all in. I know this sounds low...the jewler is a family friend.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!
4.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Vancouvernewbie, numbers and price sound great. Similar diamonds with GIA reports are listed from US$4,200 to US$5,500 in the web.

If you are concerned about clarity and color accuracy you can check it with EGL-USA in Vancouver.

vancouvernewbie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback PS, and thanks for maintaining this board, its a great resource for those of us who didn''t know the first thing about diamonds.

This does seem like a really good deal to me too which makes me even more nervous! But I do trust this jewler as my clients have used him several times and have been happy with their purchases.

Thanks!

VN

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Tank for kind words, Vancouvernewbie. It sounds like you''ve done your homework and checked the stone with a loupe and IS...You''re happy with the cut and clarity and have a good jewler...

I''d go for it
21.gif
(disclaimer: check it with an independent professional to be certain - but you should know it already
emotion-15.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results