shape
carat
color
clarity

? about Radiant cuts. Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrhammer2u

Rough_Rock
I have narrowed my choice of stone to a Radiant cut. Princess seems to be so popular and I like the edges of the Radiant better. The way the prongs hold the stone looks so nice. My questions are below It looks like most Radiants are rectangular. I want as perfect of a square as possible.

1. With a Radiant, is square less or more valuable?
2. What is the best range for depth?
3. What is the best range for table?

Thaks so much!
Robert

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2005 1
6.gif
8:49 PM
Author:mrhammer2u
I have narrowed my choice of stone to a Radiant cut. Princess seems to be so popular and I like the edges of the Radiant better. The way the prongs hold the stone looks so nice. My questions are below It looks like most Radiants are rectangular. I want as perfect of a square as possible.

1. With a Radiant, is square less or more valuable?
2. What is the best range for depth?
3. What is the best range for table?

Thaks so much!
Robert

Square or Rectangular is a matter of personal preference. If you are selecting a stone trying to elimate the sharp corners of the princess cut, perhaps square would be more desireable to you.

The proportions as to depth and table expressed as a range could have very different affect on the appearance of the stone.

Generally these stones are cut for weight retention from the rough diamond. It is probably better to avoid really deep stones, with spready tables.

Crown height is a consideration too, as well as crown angle. These will vary based on the l/w ratio of the individual stone.

Rockdoc

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Robert,
1) Rectangle or square- as long as it''s well cut, it does not affect the price.
If a Radiant is overly long rectangle, that would affect the price

2) Between 58-72

3) up to 75% can look good

I''ll be the first to tell the you numbers are merely a road map- you need to actually drive down the road to see the veiw.

JC

Shiny_Rock
mrhammer2u....

It''s not that difficult to find a square cut radiant. Many customers that I have spoken to are looking for the exact same thing. It seems that more prefer the square shape rather than the rectangular look nowadays. I don''t believe the actual shape will play that much of a factor regarding the price since it''s a radiant. Most customers that I have spoke to seem to like the depth and table percentage to fall between 60%-69% when considering radiants. So if your looking at a radiant that is cut in the 60''s than most likely you''ll be pleaed with the appearance of the diamond. Good luck...

9.gif

mrhammer2u

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your help!! You''ve answered all my questions.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results