shape
carat
color
clarity

A whole lotta new pretties! *very picture heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, I love all your new pretties!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 10:20:09 PM
Author: Chrono
The spessartite is a perfect fit in the setting with the bezeled diamonds. Boy, can it really stand on its own against a white metal and diamonds. Be patient with the tourmaline. The right setting will come along...my gut feel is that it will require a yellow metal setting.

I''m thinking you''re right about the tourmaline, which may mean it would look better on my mother if I go with yellow gold. I''ll no doubt just hold on to it for a while because you''re right.

The spess and that setting are a match made in heaven. I just think that spess of this color can really hold their own, which is why I hesitated putting a halo around it.

The setting I got for that sphene is really hardy. the prongs are pretty heavy, so I wonder if my jeweler will freak out and say no? I''ll find out tomorrow! I guess if he says no that means I''ll have to get that rose color zircon I wanted
11.gif

-A

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just LOVE that LOGR with the Spess.

Your taste in settings is very very good. Thanks for the link.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not 100% that sphene is going to be able to be set in that setting. It looks to me like the stone is sitting on top of the prongs, instead of fitting inside them. Seeing as how sphene is really soft to begin with, that would be very difficult to set indeed...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 12:16:59 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m not 100% that sphene is going to be able to be set in that setting. It looks to me like the stone is sitting on top of the prongs, instead of fitting inside them. Seeing as how sphene is really soft to begin with, that would be very difficult to set indeed...

True. Its also one of the chief reasons I have to go see my jeweler tomorrow...this setting has uber heavy prongs which apparently isn''t exactly a good thing where sphene is concerned. So I''m crossing my fingers and see if he can make it work because irregardless of my want he''s going to have the final say if he sets it or not. So with that, its not the end of the world if it dosen''t work out because I can use it for something else, but it is a want. I guess I could find something else with lighter prongs huh?

-A

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those rings and settings look lovely. Thanks for sharing!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice setting. The stone looks great in it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they all look lovely together! I really like the American Set setting!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all for the compliments. A lot of you have some of the best jewelery I''ve ever seen so its quite an honor to have you compliment mine
9.gif

For a backup stone to the American Set setting, I was thinking maybe a spinel
21.gif
mastercutgems has one that I''ve been enamoured with for a while, and its not gone anywhere so I''ve made a few inquiries. The only other stone I have in mind for this setting is a Rose coloured zircon. Some would call that an imperial (whatever, its rose colored...LOL)

-A

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Setting for a sphene - good idea (if it''s doable), those wider prongs could really give that extra bit of protection to the stone.

Round LOGR - rhodolite!

Tourmaline - either that sphene setting, or that one you intended for a fireball, it could look pretty in both of them (assuming it fits in either of those). Besides, fireball is so nice that it''s not exactly rocket science to find a setting in which it would look good
2.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 11:38:12 AM
Author: ma re
Setting for a sphene - good idea (if it''s doable), those wider prongs could really give that extra bit of protection to the stone.

Round LOGR - rhodolite!

Tourmaline - either that sphene setting, or that one you intended for a fireball, it could look pretty in both of them (assuming it fits in either of those). Besides, fireball is so nice that it''s not exactly rocket science to find a setting in which it would look good
2.gif

He thinks so too. I just got back from my jeweler. He of course gave me "the look" but said yes, the setting will be very protective of the stone. He dosen''t like the fact that the prongs have diamonds on them, but said he would split them at the top and give me a fish tail prong on each corner because they otherwise would be too heavy looking.

I totally trust his judgement on that and told him to go for it.

After seeing the puppy dog eyes and all, he''s going to charge me the going rate *whew!* Besides, he''s going to make the pendant to go with that ring
9.gif

the fireball JUST FIT in the LOGR setting. I knew it would be a tight squeeze but he said yep, no problem, it won''t move at all after its set.

Oh and hes in agreement with the rhodolite garnet over the tourmaline. He did say I should try it in rose gold instead.

I will have my goods by next week. WEEE!

-A

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love them all. I really love the fireball in the LOGR.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:49:43 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I love them all. I really love the fireball in the LOGR.
Thanks, its certainly a fav of mine as well.

-A

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all very pretty.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Your spess is really eye-catching & so lovely on that setting. I can''t wait to see it once it''s set.
2.gif

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Can''t wait for pics of all of your new pretties!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2009 11:06:09 PM
Author: dancingflame
30.gif
Can''t wait for pics of all of your new pretties!
I can''t wait either! LOL My jeweler is closed on Monday so I''m expecting the call Tuesday or Wedsday.
36.gif
I had also gotten an email from JKT that she''s started my ring.
36.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll be posting the results in SMTR forum.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results