shape
carat
color
clarity

A very unique sapphire

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I was at intergem yesterday and got this unique unheated sapphire. It's got amazing pink and blue color blended very well together. It is not quite a common lavender because I can see pink and blue the same time. Under sunlight, it almost looks like it got blue fluorescent or something. I love it so much even though it is only 1.1ct. And I can never find a spinel with the same color without any grey and at this saturation level. Although I don't really know how to describe it, is it a purple sapphire? No. Is it a pink one? Definitely not...Is it a lavender/violet pink with strong bluish undertone? OMG that is really a description very hard to imagine without seeing some pictures lol

img_2618.jpg

img_4629.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
It is shrinked to such a small size so I am going to upload a closeup this time

img_46229.jpg

img_46226.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
sorry for the smudges...

img_4625.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
and some pictures I took with an old and cheap point and shoot camera. It washed off the stone a little bit.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
The last blury picture shows what I mean by I can see pink and blue the same time. It looks like a pink sapphire that has blue fluorescent :tongue:
BTW. there's no color zoning going on.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone. I'm a very big fan of it. Very unique! :appl:

Little fireball in the sun too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
So lovely!! I absolutely love that color--I think its stunning in both sapphires and spinels.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
RTFrog|1383522171|3549750 said:
What a beautiful stone. I'm a very big fan of it. Very unique! :appl:

Little fireball in the sun too.

Thanks RTFrog, I'm also a big fan in the lavender club.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
IndyLady|1383524831|3549763 said:
So lovely!! I absolutely love that color--I think its stunning in both sapphires and spinels.

Glad you like it. :tongue:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of lovers of that color! That is a beautiful stone.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1383536476|3549884 said:
Add me to the list of lovers of that color! That is a beautiful stone.

Thanks, your opinion is very appreciated :razz: You like it means it really is quite good :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL: you are located in the North, correct? Would you be comfortable sharing the Intergem show you attended and even maybe the vendor if you felt they might have others as well? TIA :wavey:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1383541635|3549933 said:
OTL: you are located in the North, correct? Would you be comfortable sharing the Intergem show you attended and even maybe the vendor if you felt they might have others as well? TIA :wavey:

It's the Seattle show, which close at today...
The seller is gemcuts.com They sell unheated sapphires, too bad they don't sell online. Would be a great source for sapphires...
Although they don't have anything similar... I did ask

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1383543610|3549945 said:

The seller is gemcuts.com They sell unheated sapphires, too bad they don't sell online. Would be a great source for sapphires...

Well you were smart to snap that one up - and I assume knowing you that it either has a lab report already, or you made the sale contingent upon one stating no indications of heat treatment? :saint:

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
what a beautiful colour. its lovely :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great color! I don't think I've ever seen one close to that color. What are your plans for it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful colour and I like that colour very much. Are you planning to send it to a lab for treatment verification or just let it go?

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful! Really love the color.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love changeable stones like this! :appl:

They are so much fun to watch in different lighting! :love:

I wish the cutters would do more like this, they are fascinating! If cut well, I actually prefer this over one color stones.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
kgizo|1383569392|3550019 said:
That is a great color! I don't think I've ever seen one close to that color. What are your plans for it?

This is my first time too! I don't know which metal color will be the best for this kind of color...Yellow gold? Cauz it turns to a pink color under halogen.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1383572800|3550042 said:
I love changeable stones like this! :appl:

They are so much fun to watch in different lighting! :love:

I wish the cutters would do more like this, they are fascinating! If cut well, I actually prefer this over one color stones.

I recently am pretty bored of single pure color stones. They are just not as fun as a color change or two color mixed really well together. Like Padpardscha, the dreamy orange and pink mixed together without any dirty undertone...Or a yellow and green mixed without any olive...a purple and pink mixed that is on the bluish side not on the reddish side...a blue and green that looks like a turquoise....

Just want to shout it out loud that if anyone saw something with these kind of mixed color facet stones please page me.... ;(

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1383569825|3550021 said:
Beautiful colour and I like that colour very much. Are you planning to send it to a lab for treatment verification or just let it go?

I'm not sure yet, I might get it certified later, but not at this moment.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1383545489|3549951 said:
OTL|1383543610|3549945 said:

Well you were smart to snap that one up - and I assume knowing you that it either has a lab report already, or you made the sale contingent upon one stating no indications of heat treatment? :saint:

They have GIA cert on larger sapphires (over 2.5ct), and the 1ct range unheated stones do not have any cert. But this isn't the first time I bought from this vendor, I got other pink and yellow sapphires I bought a couple months ago certified just before I go to this show and it is indeed unheated as they stated. So I trust him on these matters...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Really pretty stone -- love the mixed colors; it's so fun & interesting when you see different hues in different lights. Great find! Maybe rose gold would be too much of a good thing, but I can see it in high-carat buttery yellow gold, nice & rich, like whipped cream. :cheeky:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1383583612|3550153 said:
Really pretty stone -- love the mixed colors; it's so fun & interesting when you see different hues in different lights. Great find! Maybe rose gold would be too much of a good thing, but I can see it in high-carat buttery yellow gold, nice & rich, like whipped cream. :cheeky:

Thanks for the compliment! Rose gold and pink stone?hmmm...first thought is I didn't see a lot of this combo before.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Very nice. We are seeing some nice colored stones recently.

Annette

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1383590666|3550253 said:

Thanks for the compliment! Rose gold and pink stone?hmmm...first thought is I didn't see a lot of this combo before.

I have, and it looks nice. . . but. . . .

I think yellow gold would work as well. It may be saturated enough that white gold would work as well, without washing it out.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm with JF all the way...PLEASE use buttery gold.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
love it!!!
pure enough for the color eagle eyes, unique and moody enough for the personality junkies. what more could you ask for! it's got star quality!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results