shape
carat
color
clarity

A Vent re: Losing a Daimond Wedding Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I work on a floor in a building with the biggest conference room. We have different groups using this conference room. There are only about 7 or 8 woman on my floor and about a dozen or so men.
A lady in the meeting asked me if she saw a diamond wedding ring in the bathroom or if someone lost a ring where it would be turned in. I asked around my floor to see if any of my coworkers saw it. I told one of the girls who I know likes diamonds that the lady told me it was a 3 carat emerald cut ring. Her response - "Doesn't impress me. Mine is better". Whaaaat!? I was just relaying the size to 1) describe it if she saw it and 2) to say How it s*cks to lose a ring that size.

Not that it matters, but this other ladys ring is about a 1 - 1.5 carat Tiffany Lucida solitaire....

I just had to write this and she made me so angry at her petty response. My response to her was telling her she was jealous. What would you have said/done? Am I right to be annoyed with my co-worker?

I hope this other woman finds her ring.

Thanks for listening.

~M

ETA: I do know how to spell Diamond (arghhhh). In my rush and anger I spelled Diamond as Daimond in my subject line. Sorry.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You do have a right to be annoyed. People often are annoying
6.gif
!!! lol

Walking off without saying anything would be the proper response. What can you say? Accuse of her of being a jealous & catty???
9.gif
Na, just limit contact with her since all she does in exhibit negative energy.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would have drawn my self up very tall, looked down my nose and said:

What a very vulgar and unkind thing to say. I hope you never lose your ring. Mind you, with one THAT small there would be no chance of finding it!

Just makes you want to smack some people round the head!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I would have made the screeching cat noise - Reeeeeerrrrrr Hiss!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 1:42:16 PM
Author: Pandora II
I would have drawn my self up very tall, looked down my nose and said:

What a very vulgar and unkind thing to say. I hope you never lose your ring. Mind you, with one THAT small there would be no chance of finding it!

Just makes you want to smack some people round the head!
I like that!!! heheee

People are so weird sometimes. Gosh Merrijoy what a weird and jealous lady. I hope that lady finds her ring!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very strange response. It makes me wonder whether she might have 'found' the lost ring and didn't want anyone to know. I probably would have said "Oh, are you saying you don't know where people would turn in a ring they found?" or something like that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 2:55:47 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
That''s a very strange response. It makes me wonder whether she might have ''found'' the lost ring and didn''t want anyone to know. I probably would have said ''Oh, are you saying you don''t know where people would turn in a ring they found?'' or something like that.
Glad I''m not the only one that was thinking that!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That''s true - how did she know that her''s was ''better''?

I mean, we might think that a 1ct H&A was much nicer than 3cts of frozen spit, but did she say it in that way - or just in a ''mine''s better than anyone in the whole world''s so nah'' kind of way?

If it''s the former - I think she might just have seen said piece of bling...
38.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
It was "Doesn''t impress me. I am happy with my ring".

But I was just relaying the size and type. I was not telling her to impress her (why would I, it is not my ring to impress somebody with) or make her unhappy with her ring. (again why would I?)

Boy, she obviously does not visit these forums, or she would constantly be spewing her "I am happy with mine" mantra.

~M

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
She sounds a tad defensive. Maybe she DID find the ring... it''s a very strange response. If it were me, I''d be rushing over to console the poor lady. Imagine losing your e-ring... it''s devastating!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Did the ring turn up?

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
When I saw the lady leaving for the day she said she still had not got her ring back. I will see if I hear anything tomorrow.
The lady said she does have insurance, and she did not seemed as upset as I would be had I lost my wedding ring.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 7:43:38 PM
Author: merrijoy

Boy, she obviously does not visit these forums, or she would constantly be spewing her ''I am happy with mine'' mantra.
I think that''s one thing that''s so great about pricescope. We all feel great about our rings, in part because when we post pics all the PSers seem to find the best in our pieces. Appreciating other peoples'' sparklies doesn''t make us love our own any less!

Someone like that woman probably wouldn''t have much fun around here
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter what size the diamond(s) in a ring are, there is sentimental value attached to the piece of jewelry (or lost stone(s)) and it shouldn''t matter to anyone at the point they find out someone lost their ring or diamond at all. IMO, there should be more concern placed on helping to find the ring or the diamond or whatever. So whoever said "bah, my ring is better so who cares" is a pompous a$$ and should be outcast, LOL! No more special donuts for her in the morning, hee hee. Seriously, though, people in any situation can be so unfeeling and selfish, is this really any big surprise that your co-worker made that statement? I can say how I''d have reacted, and person A and person B can also say how they''d have reacted, and they would all be different. Let''s just hope they were varying degrees of "I am concerned that so-and-so lost her ring, let''s all pitch in and try to help her find it," instead of being a b*tch and saying "who cares, I don''t think her ring even compares to mine so big deal."
7.gif
Sadly, that woman is not one of those who will enjoy a happily-ever-after life, no matter how many toes she steps on trying to get there. True colors and all that...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loser.

Seriously.

*shakes head* you''ve got to wonderr what people are thinkng sometimes.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
**UPDATE**

Woman with lost ring went home ringless. Ring not found yesterday. Today, said ring shows back up on the bathroom sink.

(oh, and by the way, the woman put the ring down on the sink when washing her hands - that's why it was in the bathroom.)

ETA: More update. I just got to try said ring on. Poor woman, everyone is now trying on her ring.
about a 1.5 emerald cut center, with channel set baguettes and then round channel setting around the baguettes. Must total 3 carats.

ETA: One more item. Ring is said to be insured for $35,000. None of my co-workers believed it is worth that much.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I understand this correctly? The lady left her ring on a bathroom sink during the work day. Presumably, other people used that bathroom after she did. If so, I can't help but conclude that somebody found the lady's ring, "borrowed" it, decided that she was not impressed with it because hers was better and then returned it to that same bathroom sink.
11.gif

A word to the wise: If you take your rings off before you use the necessary (as I always do), be sure to put them in your handbag. Don't leave them on a sink. It's easy to get distracted and walk away without them.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 2:50:29 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Do I understand this correctly? She left her ring on a bathroom sink during the work day. Presumably, other people used that bathroom after she did. If so, I suspect that somebody found her ring, ''borrowed'' it, decided that she was not impressed with it because hers was better and then returned it to that same bathroom sink.
11.gif
hahahahahaha
6.gif
. I almost busted out laughing at work. (tucking my snickering inside for it to come out later.)

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 1:47:29 PM
Author: merrijoy
**UPDATE**

Woman with lost ring went home ringless. Ring not found yesterday. Today, said ring shows back up on the bathroom sink.

(oh, and by the way, the woman put the ring down on the sink when washing her hands - that's why it was in the bathroom.)

ETA: More update. I just got to try said ring on. Poor woman, everyone is now trying on her ring.
about a 1.5 emerald cut center, with channel set baguettes and then round channel setting around the baguettes. Must total 3 carats.

ETA: One more item. Ring is said to be insured for $35,000. None of my co-workers believed it is worth that much.
Appraisals are usually over inflated from the actual purchase price. I'm sure she didn't pay that much. But, her premium must be really high to insure for 35k.

In any case, interesting how it re-reappeared in the bathroom. Somebody in your workplace can't be trusted.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Okay - you''re a PSer, how did YOU rate the bling?

And more importantly - where are our photos?
38.gif

You have had 3ct''s of diamonds in view and not even one picture - there should be some kind of punishment for sins on this scale. Like being made a ''rough rock'' all over again!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never take my rings off to wash my hands when I am away from home! Gosh, you can always clean the rings when you get home! There is such a risk of dropping them or forgetting to put them back on. I hope she learned a lesson...especially since there apparently is someone there who steals! She was very lucky someone apparently had a guilty conscience!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results