shape
carat
color
clarity

A touch of rose cut charm :-)

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I love that surprise of a pear shaped diamond dangling from the DBTY bracelet, plus it's a rose cut! It' gives a romantic look.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lknvrb, DeeJay, Niel, stargurl, BI, luv, briolette, Diamondless!

woofmama - the faceting... it was love at first sight! It's the only rose cut I own and it behaves so differently from my brilliant cuts... I wouldn't have thought I'd fall for a diamond that's basically see-through unless the light hits it just right but oh, I did!

yenny thank you ::) after seeing so many people's incredible bling at the GTG I'd have to agree - photos don't do anyone's pieces justice!

Well, except Kenny's, maybe, but that's just a testament to his photography :sun:

April, thank you! This was the first rose cut pear I'd ever seen in-person too, and (unfortunately perhaps) it's made a very good impression :halo:

The antique cushions are ~0.5 each - they were rescued from a pair of earrings and BGD set them for me a couple of years ago. The bracelet is actually two thin chains plus one heavier guage - I was going for casual and whimsical and the discontinuities fit perfectly. A better pic from the other thread -

JBracelet%20(8).png

Thank you Enerchi!! I love how it turned out!!

I swear, I am NEVER changing it again though! The initial tangled chains, the bezel trouble, the week where it disappeared in shipment from NY right next door to MA... alright, alright, I can take a hint! LOL. Well, all's well that ends well, right?

Your sapphire DBTY was part of the reason I looked to Dan & Caren in the first place so... thank you for enabling yet again :bigsmile:

Thank you missy, I will!!

arkie Ohhh rose cut ovals would be spectacular!
What sort of bracelet are you thinking about? Kroshka bought the oval rose cut DBTY necklace that VCanera made a few months ago and it's gorgeous IRL!!

Jadie Yup the chains are 14k rose gold. The bezels are all 14k white gold but I think they're different alloys. No biggie.

kathley Thank you! DanielM is on Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry

Thank you Rose ::) This year has been one jewellery project after another - the RDG, the WF, the pear, a bunch of repairs, matching alloys for a bunch of bands... and I can't help but worry too much about all of them! I must admit that I'm rather looking forward to having absolutely nothing planned for the remainder of the year.

An aside - I just noticed the quote in your signature and it's the perfect statement of something I've often thought but could never eloquently express. Did our Circe write that?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yssie - that is beautiful!! I love it on your bracelet!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever Oh, we understand each other perfectly :bigsmile: I would LOVE to add all sorts of charms over time, and since nothing has to match...

Hah, WD :bigsmile: The fluor was an unexpected (welcome!) surprise!

Thank you rosetta, MGR, Laila, dragonfly!

Mayk thank you! It was awesome to see SO many people's pieces IRL - pictures just don't tell the full story!!

SandyCheeks "romantic" is a really good description ::) I wasn't sure about whether the shape and size would work with the other stones but they're actually very nice together IRL, and the weight stops the bracelet from spinning...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love the pear and I love it even more on your bracelet! :love: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1371233408|3465868 said:
Oh I love the pear and I love it even more on your bracelet! :love: :appl:

Thank you! She really is a pretty little thing ::)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1371225847|3465804 said:
Thank you Rose ::) This year has been one jewellery project after another - the RDG, the WF, the pear, a bunch of repairs, matching alloys for a bunch of bands... and I can't help but worry too much about all of them! I must admit that I'm rather looking forward to having absolutely nothing planned for the remainder of the year.

An aside - I just noticed the quote in your signature and it's the perfect statement of something I've often thought but could never eloquently express. Did our Circe write that?

It's been a fabulous jewelry year for you!

Yes, that quote was from our very own PS Circe. I agree - it perfectly articulated something I felt but hadn't put into words. She has a habit of saying pithy and wise things so I could probably quote her often.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! I love how the rose cuts are coming back!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Yssie, you know you have me drooling with that rose cut pear! YUMMO!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1371237209|3465904 said:
Yssie|1371225847|3465804 said:

It's been a fabulous jewelry year for you!

Yes, that quote was from our very own PS Circe. I agree - it perfectly articulated something I felt but hadn't put into words. She has a habit of saying pithy and wise things so I could probably quote her often.

Oh, I suspect many of us feel the same way! If there was a PS quotability award I'd wager Circe and Haven would be two of the final contenders.

It really has been a fabulous jewellery year - and I'm very lucky, everything's turned out so well :))

SB621 said:
Just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! I love how the rose cuts are coming back!

Thank you! The trends are interesting - I couldn't pinpoint when antiques started coming back but I agree, the rose cut resurgence does seem to be well on its way! Which of course begs the question of what's next :devil:

derbygal said:
OMG Yssie, you know you have me drooling with that rose cut pear! YUMMO!

Weeelllll I think that's a fair exchange, given the amount of time I've spent salivating over your anniversary ring!!
Thank you ::)

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh I love it soooooo muchhhhhhhhhhh. I still get this as a "you're my best friend and I love you present right?" Cuz the pear totallllly completes it! And I love it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkie Ohhh rose cut ovals would be spectacular!
What sort of bracelet are you thinking about? Kroshka bought the oval rose cut DBTY necklace that VCanera made a few months ago and it's gorgeous IRL!!

I have seen a heap of both the long necklaces and bracelets that are genuine art deco period but with either glass or clear quartz crystals in oval shaped rose cut and they look amazing so after that I have had in my mind an oval rose cut bracelet for a while now. I have another bracelet and a couple of ring projects to pay for before I get to that.... I love your pear, its amazing!!!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: The little pear dangle completes the bracelet. It is great to hear that the weight keeps everything in line.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I'm drooling over that pear! I love how it's just casually "there" - so fun and elegant at the same time!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing rose cut!! It is so clear and sparkly, such a good call to put it on a bracelet so you can enjoy it's beauty! I really love the whole look! :love:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the most interesting and prettiest dbty bracelet. It reminds me of those charm bracelets to which one adds charm pieces gradually. So far, the three pieces are very unique and special. The pear makes a big difference.

Normally, I am not a dbty bracelet person, but now you make me want one.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh my GOSH!! I love, love, love this bracelet!! Like, really love it. It's so perfect! The stones all go together so well, and I love that it's blingy without being really "in your face" about it! I just can't get over how perfect it is.

Would you be offended if I used it as inspiration? I'm a yellow gold, more modern girl, so the shapes would be different, and different metal, but I just ADORE your bracelet so much. Even more so, with this beautiful little rose cut.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT said:
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh I love it soooooo muchhhhhhhhhhh. I still get this as a "you're my best friend and I love you present right?" Cuz the pear totallllly completes it! And I love it!

So refreshingly expressive :bigsmile:
I thought you wanted the finger with the RDG though? :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkie - oh, yup, I'm pretty sure I've seen what you're talking about! But I also know what you mean re. other projects in the pipeline... Well, I hope it comes to fruition sooner than later because I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Thank you Nonie! The extra weight makes a big difference - a happy side effect indeed!

Thank you bebe!! "Fun" is exactly what I wanted out of it so I'm glad to hear it described that way!

june, thank you! Earrings are my usual defaults and I probably would've gone right back there if I'd had two, but with only the one I decided early on that I wanted something I could enjoy! I'm glad I did :))

Thank you FD! I love the idea of using it as a charm bracelet. It's already got the feel of a bit of a random hodgepodge - it'd make a fitting home for any interesting singletons I might pick up over the years. The pear does make a big difference - it completes it, I think.

Your WF eternity inspired mine so I'm more than happy to return the favour ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1371263078|3466257 said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh my GOSH!! I love, love, love this bracelet!! Like, really love it. It's so perfect! The stones all go together so well, and I love that it's blingy without being really "in your face" about it! I just can't get over how perfect it is.

Would you be offended if I used it as inspiration? I'm a yellow gold, more modern girl, so the shapes would be different, and different metal, but I just ADORE your bracelet so much. Even more so, with this beautiful little rose cut.

Thank you!! I know what you mean - blingtastic InYourFace pieces are fabulous in the right places at the right times but the more subtle styles have the distinct advantage of always being wearable without ever being too overwhelming! I loved it before but the pear charm really "finishes" it, somehow - I guess I didn't know what was missing until it wasn't missing anything anymore...

Yeah, okay, that sounded pretty hokey :rodent: but I would be delighted to have inspired something you're considering! So... wanna share what you're plotting? ::)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow! :love: The rose cut pear is to die for-the cut is amazing! I have always adored your bracelet and this charm is a wonderful addition to it, now I love it even more! :appl:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Sure! I recently impulse purchased two bracelets from Blue Nile... Found a coupon code and ended getting 30% off. Links below.

http://www.bluenile.com/mini-open-circle-diamond-bracelet-14k-yellow-gold_39939
http://www.bluenile.com/mini-open-square-diamond-bracelet-14k-yellow-gold_39940

I love them, but they spin a bit, and are a little on the dainty side. I'd like just a little more oomph, so I was thinking a bezel solitaire bracelet to stack with, and connect them so it's all one bracelet (with a better clasp than a spring ring, they make me so nervous!) to prevent some spinning/tangling. When I saw that your pear dangle helped to keep things correctly oriented, I was thrilled! What a happy and lovely accident to solve a problem that I hadn't even thought about fixing! The extra jump rings on the back would be the perfect place to add a cute little dangle. Now, I just have to decide what shape to use for the dangle, since I know I want a MRB for the bezel.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
oh, i love it! What a great idea!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yssie said:
YT said:

So refreshingly expressive :bigsmile:
I thought you wanted the finger with the RDG though? :cheeky:
I wanted the finger as evidence that you are alive. And I said I preferred the one with the RDG. Now that I know you're alive and well and that you were the one behind the random note, I don't need the finger. Just the RDG.

I'll take anything you give me tho. Your jewelry, you body, whatever. I'm easy peasy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you armywife!!

manderz - nice coupon find! Those are adorable and they'd be lovely together with a single-station bezel solitaire ::)

The extra weight definitely helps keep everything oriented! Before one of the diamonds would always wind up on the underside, but now that the clasp is the heaviest part the diamonds stay right where they should be.

Maybe a little cushion or EC to match the square outline of the second bracelet, since you'll have a bezelled round?

Anne, thank you! :))

YT - oh, well, that's reassuring! I appreciate the concern :bigsmile:
Come visit me and I might be willing to negotiate...
:devil:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is so pretty and elegant. What a great new addition to your collection.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1371273364|3466327 said:
Wow, that is so pretty and elegant. What a great new addition to your collection.

Thank you marcy!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1371272687|3466321 said:
manderz - nice coupon find! Those are adorable and they'd be lovely together with a single-station bezel solitaire ::)

The extra weight definitely helps keep everything oriented! Before one of the diamonds would always wind up on the underside, but now that the clasp is the heaviest part the diamonds stay right where they should be.

Maybe a little cushion or EC to match the square outline of the second bracelet, since you'll have a bezelled round?

::

Thanks, Yssie! I appreciate your blessing. I was kind of thinking a princess cut, but i wasn't sure how that would look, and I didn't want to damage one, either. I like the idea of the station matching one bracelet, and the dangle matching the other. Maybe I'll see if I can fins a princess, but do a slightly thick, curved and cushion shaped bezel, and have it kite set. I also like the cushion idea, as I've never owned one before.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a splendid piece. Very organic like a dew drop.

I also share your love of briolettes--and have three pair of colored stone earrings with different briolettes/stones in them. Diamond briolettes, however, they have always been out of my reach!

Wear your loot in health.

cheers--Sharon

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I love this bracelet and it is even prettier in real life!! The rose cut pear adds just that special little touch that Yssie is prefect creating! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results