shape
carat
color
clarity

A splash of gold - new citrine asscher!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
That was my favorite one from his latest drop! Can''t wait to see what you do with it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lively stone! So pretty.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, BEG, that citrine is just so pretty!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 1:07:38 PM
Author: mochi
Oh, BEG, that citrine is just so pretty!!
Mochi!!
You''re just altogether to quiet these days!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 12:48:02 AM
Author: Gailey
BEG, no you didn''t miss anything. I haven''t set my stone yet - I''m slow!

I think my asscher is too large for a ring that I could wear comfortably. at nearly 9mm deep it will just sit too high for me.

So it''s destined for a pendant. I want to set it on point and hang another gem (fan shaped) from it.

If you are concerned about yellow gold being too gaudy, why don''t you go for a white/yellow gold combo. My ER is like that and I love it.

Aww I want to see that beauty of yours set!
1.gif
I think it''ll make a gorgeous pendant! One of my favorite asscher pendant designs is Leon''s, with a halo around it. I love your idea of a fan shaped gem under it though - what color are you thinking?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kismet, Honey, Laila, and Mochi!

Honey right now, I think I''m debating between maybe a three-stone with trap sides (and claw prongs!) or a Neatfreak/LTP-style bezel, but making the bezel YG and the shank WG. Decisions, decisions!

Mochi Ditto Gailey - where''ve you been?? We''ve missed you!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG -- your gallery is amazing. I almost got lost in there!! So the lovely Tourm is by Barry. I do really like the color of it.

Thank you for sharing your lovely collection with us!!
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 11:23:09 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
BEG -- your gallery is amazing. I almost got lost in there!! So the lovely Tourm is by Barry. I do really like the color of it.

Thank you for sharing your lovely collection with us!!
9.gif

Aww thank you Stone Hunter! You are way too kind! Yup, I love Barry''s supernova ovals! I''m already craving another one - just can''t decide on the color. Sigh, if only I could figure out how to set it!

It''s funny how gem photography has gotten to be a bit of a hobby now - I love taking photos of my stones. I''m going back home tomorrow where I can take my gems to the backyard and take pics so maybe I''ll have more for you in a few days [:D]

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I love that Citrine. I was considering it when it first went up, too.
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You should be my stone hunter....no offense to StoneHunter.
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 11:43:28 PM
Author: sonomacounty
I love that Citrine. I was considering it when it first went up, too.
36.gif

Thanks Sonoma! Peter had some gorgeous stones this time around - I had a hard time deciding! That green garnet, the aquas...yum!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:23:19 AM
Author: miraclesrule
You should be my stone hunter....no offense to StoneHunter.
3.gif

Aww thanks Miracles! And I would love to - you know me, I have a BAD gem habit!
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s such a beautiful stone, BEG!

My mom got engaged with a yellow topaz similar in color to your citrine and close in size. the ring was lost in the early ''90''s and she never replaced it because it wasn''t insured. I have always thought of getting her a replacement stone but topaz sort of disappeared and citrines were not her taste as far as their deeper color. This citrine is right up her alle and I would love to get her a similar stone (maybe different cut for her, yours is fantastic but she''ll want something super traditional, lol) someday and hope you will be around to help! So glad you found this, it''s a BEAUT.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:17:43 AM
Author: monarch64
It''s such a beautiful stone, BEG!

My mom got engaged with a yellow topaz similar in color to your citrine and close in size. the ring was lost in the early ''90''s and she never replaced it because it wasn''t insured. I have always thought of getting her a replacement stone but topaz sort of disappeared and citrines were not her taste as far as their deeper color. This citrine is right up her alle and I would love to get her a similar stone (maybe different cut for her, yours is fantastic but she''ll want something super traditional, lol) someday and hope you will be around to help! So glad you found this, it''s a BEAUT.

Thanks Monnie! That sounds like a GREAT idea - I bet your mom would love it! Have you checked with Barry? I know he had some golden topaz a while back that might work. Or Peter could have more citrine rough
1.gif
You know I''ll love to help whenever you start looking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results