shape
carat
color
clarity

a question for the crafters, how do you ....?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So i was watching some incredibly borring movie on netflex (im not into Jane Austin and the like :lol-2: ) .... so my mind was wondering

I want to use seed pearls as the chain to suspend a really nice rose gold smoky quartz pendent on.

See ive seen a few things possibly inspired by the Georgian period ? or not :lol-2: and i may want to incorporate some organza ribbon and/ or velvet ribbon

Someone did suggest this to me a wee while ago but i needed to see something similar to visualize it

But how does one fix the ribbon into some sort of closurer ?

im not keen on tying a bow, i want to use nice rose gold findings
i mean do you use hooks and eyes or is there something eaiser to do up ?

im going to be doing a monster findings order sooner rather than latter and with shipping costs being through the roof right now i want to include everything for hopefully every project i have on my list of repairs and alterations

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea about the ribbon thing but the seed pearls idea is dead easy- did it myself with a strand from Wen and a basic hook clasp!

oooh, edit, just did a quick Google search, YouTube is your friend for this,

81464705-4322-480C-B2FA-05673DE865D8.jpeg

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
So i was watching some incredibly borring movie on netflex (im not into Jane Austin and the like :lol-2: ) .... so my mind was wondering

I want to use seed pearls as the chain to suspend a really nice rose gold smoky quartz pendent on.

See ive seen a few things possibly inspired by the Georgian period ? or not :lol-2: and i may want to incorporate some organza ribbon and/ or velvet ribbon

Someone did suggest this to me a wee while ago but i needed to see something similar to visualize it

But how does one fix the ribbon into some sort of closurer ?

im not keen on tying a bow, i want to use nice rose gold findings
i mean do you use hooks and eyes or is there something eaiser to do up ?

im going to be doing a monster findings order sooner rather than latter and with shipping costs being through the roof right now i want to include everything for hopefully every project i have on my list of repairs and alterations

Hi! What an interesting project and inspired as you watch something on Netflix! :appl:.. I enjoy making bead bracelets for my kids. It's fun but not a pro. =)2What about hot glue?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi! What an interesting project and inspired as you watch something on Netflix! :appl:.. I enjoy making bead bracelets for my kids. It's fun but not a pro. =)2What about hot glue?
thank you =)2

oh the borring netflex thing inspired me - it was a period costume drama - i only watch those things for the bling :lol-2: the stories are snnoze fests for me :lol-2:

im know im not really neat enough for glue and the pendent is really nice - just with the gold price being so high right now i cant afford a suitable chain for my pendent and i thought this way I'd actually get to wear it in the meantime
it needs a heavier chain and i don't want to buy gold filled although i do hope to buy gold filled rose gold findings for the ribbon ???

i don't want it to look like a craft project (again because im not neat enough) even thought it kind of is a craft project

i guess i should post a picture :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i did have a pandora pendent on a cord - it was a pain in the bum because the leather cord kept coming out of the end fastener and i had to keep gluing it back in - i eventually didn't trust it and moved the prndent to a silver chain

im going to use tiny seed pearls - the smallest i can see to thread
see the bail is quite small - not sure how the ribbin and pearls will all fit ? 20220717_201758.jpg

20220717_201805.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a fashion piece that is possibly my inspiration
i have no idea what the closure is called or how one fits it ???
20220717_201835.jpg

Attachments

• 20220717_201848.jpg
    20220717_201848.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 172

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i will just buy some small pearls from Wen (smaller than these) probably white aganist a dusky brown ribbon for contrast
although this colour looks quite nice with the rose gold
20220717_202806.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if it has been mentioned, put a knot at the end of the ribbon and use ribbon ending clasps that folds over the knot and holds it secure.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results