shape
carat
color
clarity

A question about settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laplacz

Rough_Rock
I am cureious about how a setting affects the "Bling Factor" of a stone. For example, given a well cut stone, how would it perform in a standard tiffany style setting vs. the one in the attached file. Both are solitare settings, but the attached Tacori setting has more "Coverage" on the bottom half of the stone.

Does more coverage on the bottem of ANY given setting mean less sparkles?? Or is is all ( Or mostley) the stone and the setting doesnt matter soo much...??????

Please let me know what the deal is...

Thanks
JOE

79713.jpg

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Tacori setting that has even a little more coverage in the basket than the one you show and it sparkles like crazy. I think if the diamond is well cut, it should reflect light coming in through the top, so the bottom doesn''t matter as much. But maybe in a very heavy bezel setting, that wouldn''t be true.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a well cut stone effeciently reflects light from the top, so the setting does not matter at all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me just say I love that setting. It is very beautiful. With an ideal cut diamond it will sparkle like crazy!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thats one of my favorite settings in the whole wide world!
2.gif

Like everyone has already said, light entering the top of the diamond and reflecting around and exiting through the top again is what causes the bling/sparkle of a diamond. But i can also say from personal experience (since i own this setting) that the setting in no way henders my diamonds performance.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to the light reflecting out the top, but what I really wanted to say is, as far as standard tiffany style setting vs. the one in the attached file, personally I like the attached one SSSOOOOOOOO much better than the standard tiffany style setting. I thought of getting the Tacori one, (didn''t for other reasons won''t get into here), and I do have a standard tiffany style setting, and I hate it! If you''re going solitaire, I think that Tacori one, or one like it, is very beautiful!! I love that head. There was something about that ring that just really was lovely. The only thing you have to watch for is if you want a standard wedding ring to sit flush with it.

laplacz

Rough_Rock
THANKS EVERYONE!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the minority, but I prefer the Tiffany! Especially one liike the superbcert or whiteflash replica, not just your $100 solitaire setting. The Tacori is beautiful too, but I much prefer the clean lines, timeless simplicity, and lack of engraving on the tiffany. It seems era-less and it would go with any type wedding band.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I actually love that setting you have choosen...

Blod
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results