shape
carat
color
clarity

A question about color.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I am reading a lot of posts about I, J, K color stones that face up well due to their cut....and that the brightness from the good cut "hides" color when viewed face down (as opposed to looking through the pavillion)....But how do they look without the kind of light that would cause them to sparkle.....do they show more color then?????Just curious......
33.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes
Some will argue that a well cut stones allows it to perform and hide color farther into lighting conditions that would normaly show the color.
But you get to the point where the lighting isnt right to hide the color with any diamond no matter how well cut.

But the simple fact of the matter is that I and some j diamonds are white enough to satisfy what most people expect a diamond to look like.
Its easier to sell by saying cut hides it than to say that.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I found for me, my I color with med blue floresence showed way too much color, especially when viewed in lighting where the flouresence could not work to my benefit. It was then, that Even face up I could see a very light yellow tint. The stone was ideal cut, 1B cut so it was sparkly, just not white, more warm sparkle. I found it too yellow for my platinum mounting. Other people have been very happy with the I, or J colors, mine was just too yellow for me.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I have an H ideal cut. Although in most lightings, in looks perfectly white, there are times when it has a warm tint to it. I can also see it quite well when i put it next to a friend''s E. It doesn''t really bother me much but i''d never go below H and if i ever get another stone it''ll be at least a G. Having said that, you''ll find that plenty of people here are perfectl happy with their Is and Js.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I have a 1.25 ct, J color ACA, H&A, from White Flash. In over a year, I have yet to see this "yellow" tint or tinge that people keep talking about. In diffuse light, my diamond is very white. In bright house light, there are times when my diamond looks like it's the same color as the platinum mounting. My daughters describe it as being clear since they feel they can see right thru it. Outdoors, in bright sunshine, my diamond flashes tons of white light and color.

Here's a pavillion view of one of my 0.44ct, F color earrings, next to my 1.25 ct J color ring.
1.gif

FJPavillionView2def.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s definitely all about your eyes. I have an H almost ACA stone that honestly appears SO BLINDINGLY WHITE to me that I can''t even imagine what a D or E would look like on my finger with this type of well cut. So I figure I could probably go lower and not see too much color. But other people can see a difference on their hand between D and E. So it does heavily depend on you and your eyes and sensitivity.

Sashabella

Rough_Rock

I think you should go look at the stones side-by-side in good light. I am a very colour sensitive person so I am getting a colourless diamond. I can tell a G or H from a mile away.

I have yet to see a ideal cut diamond that looked to be colourless when it wasn''t. Some people are willing to trade off colour for size. There are also more coloured diamonds (i.e. less than F) on the market than colourless.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2005 12:24:54 PM
Author:Maxine
I am reading a lot of posts about I, J, K color stones that face up well due to their cut....and that the brightness from the good cut ''hides'' color when viewed face down (as opposed to looking through the pavillion)....But how do they look without the kind of light that would cause them to sparkle.....do they show more color then?????Just curious......
33.gif
Maxine
my wife has 2 solitaire rings(both ideal H&A cuts),one is a AGS I color teh other one is a GIA H color.top view, under certain lights i can tell the difference maybe because the H color stone is a high end H,more closer to a G ? from the side view it''s easier, if both rings are sparkling clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results