shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT A Pink Addition to My Collection!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Recently, I've been bitten by the colored stone bug and had been browsing tons of stores for pink spinels. I found one from Tan that looked a bit dark from the still pictures (kind of purplish) but much more lively in the videos, so I took a chance because the price was pretty good. It is a Portuguese cut Tanzanian roundish oval 7x6x4 that is "medium dark" with "moderately strong" saturation.

The stone arrived yesterday and thankfully it is definitely much more pink with a slight hint of peach and brighter than I expected! I took a few shots before I went out, but it shows up as more purple/dark pink than it is in person. I was definitely looking for a paler and not hot pink mahenge type spinel, and I'm quite pleased with what I got.

Vendor Pic:
ChasiuSpinel0_0.jpg
RL shot, slightly purple in the photo that doesn't show as much in person:
ChasiuSpinel1_0.jpg
There is more peach than appears:
ChasiuSpinel2.jpg

When I went out for the day, I brought the stone with me as I was going to a local street fair and my jeweler was in the same area. I had been scouring Etsy and LOGR for setting ideas while waiting for the stone to arrive, but I wanted to browse what they had to get a better idea of what looked best. I had already decided that I wanted a shank that had pave diamonds but was unsure if I wanted a halo or even the size of the diamonds. I had no intention of buying anything yesterday, but after being there for half an hour, I completely fell in love with an 18k WG octagon halo setting they had that perfectly my oval! Their bench person was also in the store that day, so I ended up purchasing the setting and had the completed ring in about 20 minutes!

I must admit, it was a bit of an impulse buy and I went a bit over my intended budget for this project - I didn't even have the stone in my possession for 6 hours before everything was done! However, once I put the stone in this setting, it just seemed to elevate the spinel to a completely different level for me. I just couldn't make up my mind about the other settings I saw prior to this one. I had the box in my purse all day and literally could not wait to get home so I could play with my new toy. I am extremely happy with the way everything turned out, and I just can't stop staring at the darn thing. The diamonds are so bright white that it makes the stone so much flashier and you can't take your eyes off of it. Here are some shots I took this morning:

In the box:
ChasiuSpinel3.jpg
I'm so in love with the halo:
ChasiuSpinel4.jpg
Hand shot!
ChasiuSpinel5.jpg
Side view of the basket:
ChasiuSpinel6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful stone and halo setting Chasiu!!! I love the low profile of the setting as well. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I've also been looking for something similar from LOGR, but haven't found any that I'm in love with yet. But yours is a beauty! I would love to see more pics if possible.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
WOW :love: :love: :love: , what a beautiful ring. I keep seeing these pink stones and I think I might have to look into finding one to add to my collection. I love the contrast of the oval in the angular setting. simply stunning.

:bigsmile:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a truly amazing ring :love:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I have been bitten by color too. I have two stones but still don't know where to begin to set them in something. GAH!
I love the way you set your ring. It's beautiful!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a fantastic combo! I LOVE the shape of the halo, so cool!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, so lovely! :appl:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the comments everyone! I've just been wearing it around the house all day and can't stop staring at it.

sandyandisaac said:
I've also been looking for something similar from LOGR, but haven't found any that I'm in love with yet. But yours is a beauty! I would love to see more pics if possible.
It has gotten increasingly overcast today so I didn't take more pictures, but here are a few more handshots that I didn't post earlier. If there was any angle in particular you wanted to see, let me know. Oh and also, the diamonds on the band only go half way around so it can be sized / don't have to worry about knocking stones loose if I hit my hand on something. The ring is 6.75 or 7 (forgot to ask... it just fit exactly and yesterday was kind of hot in NY) and the width of the halo is nearly 10mm.

For some size perspective:
ChasiuSpinel7.jpg

Different lighting:
ChasiuSpinel8.jpg

Extreme close up with the most accurate colors:
ChasiuSpinel9.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I love the color!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
beautiful halo and spinel ring! and woahhhh you work FAST :bigsmile:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. Glad you found a setting you liked and worked so well with the stone. When you see the right thing, you know it and go for it. Well done! :appl:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! You were meant to find that setting; the pieces all just fell into place for you. Congrats on your new sparkly!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone and looks perfect in the setting.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously, your stone and that setting were made for each other :appl:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out lovely, great setting!