shape
carat
color
clarity

A photo story, for my fellow thesis-tacklers and researchers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You must be too tired to be excited. I was.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Gwen, big huge massive congrats!! What an accomplishment! I hope you are enjoying a well earned celebration!

PS Just had to say-I big puffy heart my Crumpler so was chuffed to see yours making a cameo!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, you guys are so fabulous! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
9.gif
I am on J''s computer now, so my ''i''s have returned! My laptop is still broken, though, and will (alas and alack) remain so for a while because there''s a problem with the membrane and will be mucho expensivo and I have no money! Bleh. Oh well, at least she waited until the thesis was finished to break on me.
3.gif

Ellen: hehe, I did! I honestly can''t believe it! Thank you so much!
1.gif

princess: hehe, thank you! I love taking goofy photos of myself, even more so when I have props!!
3.gif

Bia: You''re proud of me? Aww, yay!! Thank you so much, honey!!
5.gif

Deelight: heheh, oh, I had some great partying over the weekend (as well as some fab sleep). Thank you so much for your congrats, darlin''!!!
9.gif

aliciagirl: Thank you, babe! Yup, long-distance is now officially OVER!!!!!! Ended when J showed up at school on Friday to move me out of Cam!!! YAY!!!!!!!
36.gif

Cachette: heheh, thank you so much, darlin''! I am very proud (but mostly just in shock).
2.gif

Miranda: Thank you, darlin''! I am glad you liked my pics!
1.gif

IndyGal: Thank you so much--and yes, it feels amazing! And thank you so much for saying I don''t look hideous; I certainly FELT dead tired and rather zombie-esque.
3.gif

dreamer_dachsie: No no NO plans for a PhD right now! I''ve gotten myself a job in London, teaching at a special needs school (music and year 8 classes). *Maybe* one day I will get a PhD, but no plans for that in my imminent future. I think it might kill me!
14.gif
2.gif

Sabine: Thank you, darlin''!
9.gif

Elegant: Thank you, my dear! Heheh, I love all the emoties in your 2nd post--so cute!!
5.gif
You will know this feeling yourself before you realize it. I can''t wait to help you celebrate when it''s your turn!!
36.gif

TanDogMom: Thank you so much!
5.gif

choro72: Heheheh, you are such a sweetie! Thank you SO SO MUCH for helping me celebrate! Just like with Elegant, I can''t WAIT to help you celebrate the completion of your PhD, and I will be with you along the way to help cheer you on, sweetness!! Thank you!!
9.gif

kcoursolle: Thank you! I have been alternating between relaxing, celebrating and napping, which has been so indulgent considering the lack of sleep I''ve had recently.
3.gif

katamari: LOL!!! That''s hilarious, hon!! I love that you said my thesis is the most beautiful thing on PS.
3.gif
Thank you!!!

Starset Princess: Thank you so much!!
9.gif

NEL: Heheh, thanks, darlin''! I am so glad you like my photos, and am so happy you are so excited for me! Thanks for sharing this with me!!
5.gif

pixley: Yay, thank you so much, sweetie!!
1.gif

KimberlyH: Thank you so much, my dear!! It was an exciting day!! [:)}

Freke: Thank you, my dear! I have definitely been taking it easy and loving the fact that I don''t wake up in the middle of the night with that, "oh no!!!" feeling, like I didn''t when I was writing the thing. So glad it is over!!!
9.gif

softly softly: Thank you so much, sweetie! It is a great feeling, thank you so much for the congrats!!
1.gif

thing2of2: heheh, so glad you liked my pics, darlin''! Thank you again for the congrats!
1.gif

WishfulThinking: hahaha, thanks so much!!! I am glad you liked my pics--I love the one of me being surprised the best too! Mostly because I look like a goof and it cracks me up.
3.gif
I will be in the thesis thread there to cheer you on with the rest of the crew, so I am so happy to hear that maybe you''ve been extra motivated!! (and on a weekend no less?!)
2.gif

LP: hehehe, thank you so much! Most of my stuff is in storage until we move together to London next month. I have about four weeks to chill out before we do the official move, which is lovely!
1.gif

Coati: Heheheh, thank you, I''m glad you love my photos, Photoshop Queen!
5.gif
I''m so glad you are here to help me celebrate, my dear! Thanks again!
9.gif

Bliss: Awww, sweetie, thank you so much! Hahah, I haven''t had any cupcakes yet--must get some STAT!
6.gif
2.gif

gemgirl: hehe, thank you, darlin''! I love those cheerleader smilies.
5.gif

jsm: Thanks, my dear!
1.gif

CR: Hahah, glad you are here to help me celebrate, sweetheart!! And you know exactly how I am feeling because you''ve done this too?! Woohoo, a belated congrats to you too, then! It DOES feel really fantastic!!
9.gif

FlyGirl: Thank you!! Yeah, a new laptop might be in store...not right now, though--no dinero!
6.gif

iluvcarats: Thank you, thank you!! I have been celebrating (and sleeping) all weekend!!
5.gif

motownmama: hehe, thanks!
1.gif

brazen_irish_hussy: Oh no, that''s awful about your computer with your thesis! I hope you didn''t lose any data--my laptop was kind enough to wait until I''d finished writing the thesis to poop out on me. Thank you so much for your kind words and adorable post--I love all the adorable little emoties!!
5.gif

TGal: Thank you! Yeah, I am not sure I could do it again--it sort of turned into my biggest nightmare by the end.
3.gif
But it''s all over now!!
9.gif

wishful: Thank you, sweetie! It surely does feel fantastic!
5.gif

ahappygirl: Aww, you are so sweet to say that! Thank you for checking up on me and for thinking about me recently! I really appreciate it, darlin''!
1.gif

Harriet: Thank you so much, my sweet! I have been swinging back and forth between really happy (and relieved!) and really exhaused.
3.gif
Thank you so much for posting to share in the excitement part of it with me!!
2.gif

Gemma12: Thank you, darlin''!! Oh yeah, I totally love my Crumpler bag too!! That thing comes in handy ALL the time and is basically indestructable! I love it! Thank you so much for the congrats too!!
5.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Gwen, I''m sorry that I haven''t read your saga before now. I just saw your title page and had to give you SUPER KUDOS!!! I finished my Masters of Education in 2000 with my research topic "Choosing an Educational Setting for a Child With Down Syndrome: A Case for Inclusion." What an exhausting but rewarding endeavor you''ve completed!

Now I''m off to read all of your details. Cheers!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
This is such a major accomplishment that a mere congratulations just doesn''t do it. Honestly, I couldn''t be more proud of you if you were my own daughter !!!

Mega, mega kudos to you.
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Can''t believe I missed this!!

manybounce.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
manybounce.gif

I''m so proud of you!!
yayy.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, how did I miss this? CONGRATULATIONS Gwen! Way to go
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a huge accomplishment - we're all so proud of you
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!! Well done, Gwen.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! What a wonderful accomplishment!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Upgradeable: Sounds like you and I are in similar fields, and wrote on very similar topics! I am working in a special needs school in the fall and have a student in my class with Downs. Thank you so much for the congrats! You know probably better than anyone what a huge field inclusion is and how much literature I had to read for this baby!
3.gif
2.gif

purrfectpear: Awww, thank you so much, darlin''! That''s probably the nicest compliment in this whole thread!! I''m both grinning and blushing.
5.gif
3.gif
9.gif

fieryred: heheh, thanks so much, sweetie! I love those hopping grinny faces!!
9.gif

SDL: Oh my goodness, YES, ''relieved'' doesn''t even begin to cover it!! Thanks so much, sweetness, and I''m so glad you liked my photos!!
9.gif

pocahontas: Heheh, thank you, darlin'', for the congrats and all the applause!
5.gif
I am so glad it''s done!
9.gif

anchor31: Thank you so much, sweetie!
1.gif

v!v!: Thanks, darlin''!! I am so excited it''s over!!
5.gif

Just wanted to say another big THANK YOU to everyone who posted to wish my congratulations! It really means a lot to have you all share in my excitement!!
9.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results