shape
carat
color
clarity

A nitght alone... what to do?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
So, C is at the baseball game tonight with his buds, and I have the apt all to myself. I''m not going out bc I''m exhausted from getting in at 3:30AM after the Batman movie, and then working all day. I have no idea what to do, and I keep telling myself, "Back away from the laundry basket!!"

What do you peeps do when you have the house to yourself?

All I can think of is nap, clean, or ironing???
38.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooohh..for me, NO kids, NO hubby, means music, soft lights, wine, and the jacuzzi tub! Just relaxing!! Afterward..I might rent a good movie that I can watch without interuptions!! Enjoy your evening !!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just turned my cell off and went to a spa all day. They're open until 11p! Are there any near you?

How about writing a letter to a loved one?

Go to Whole Foods for a yummy treat to bring home, then stop by a bookstore for a juicy read!

Invite a girlfriend over to chat and have wine!

Go to the gym! (When I'm tired, sometimes I'll just STROLL on the treadmill while watching TV on it.) It's relaxing if you are watching a movie on the machine or listening to your iPod.

Go visit someone -- got any elderly relatives or parents nearby?

Write in your journal. Do yoga!

Tweeze your eyebrows! (LOL)

Go shopping online!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started two threads like this some time back (Mara had to remind my senile self that I did it twice).

I love NOT turning on the TV (because of TGuy it is always bloody on!) Have a glass of wine. And just veg. Honestly, I don''t know how the hours fly when I am doing nothing!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 8:15:58 PM
Author: TravelingGal
!) Have a glass of wine. And just veg. Honestly, I don't know how the hours fly when I am doing nothing!!!
I love doing this! My husband is going to play pool with the guys tonight so I have been looking forward to this all week! We saw a movie together today but I am looking forward to having "me" time. hehe
1.gif
How about painting your nails, reading a good book, listening to music or just going for a walk or sitting on the porch watching the sunset while drinking a glass of wine?
3.gif
I think that is what I will do
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I have more!

Walk the dog! (Do you have a dog?)

If you have a cat, maybe you could train it to be leashed for walks? LOL.

I echo taking a bath!

Reorganize your closet -- time to REALLY get rid of the winter stuff!

Or just get rid of stuff you never wear.

Handwash your guy's socks! (TOTALLY KIDDING!!!! HA!)

One way to REALLY enjoy downtime is to think of things you REALLY don't want to do but kinda have to. (Like filling out expense reports! I hate doing that after trips! AAAARRRRRRGH!)

That will make doing NOTHING seem really fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 8:20:15 PM
Author: Bliss
lol.gif

eta: What about baking cookies? Or making an ice cream float?
11.gif
3.gif
I just had some raspberries with no sugar yogurt.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Video on Demand -- I watch all my girly movies while FH is not around. He''s a good sport and will go see them with me but when he''s gone I order all the estrogen flicks and call it a night in. 27 Dresses, etc.

Bake! Go look at the cupcake thread!

Soul search. Go buy an awesome book!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 8:22:45 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/18/2008 8:20:15 PM
Author: Bliss
lol.gif
Yeah, yeah, I know! It could end up with a visit to the ER!

But hey, it would be FUN! Just the other day, I saw a guy in Columbus Circle with a cat ON HIS HEAD!

The cat was his hat! It was amazing! He was walking around with it on his head.

The cat was sitting there, tail swishing... having fun.

I wonder how he trained his cat to do that. I looked at the guy's face and yep, he still had his eyes. So maybe he wore goggles or was a cat whisperer or something.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh a night without hubby or son and no work papers
30.gif
. Normally that means Wow (world of war craft), an old Hitchcock movie with a pan of brownies and a glass of soy milk. Or gasp reading in perfect quietness (that really happens in my home).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 8:30:41 PM
Author: Macie
Oh a night without hubby or son and no work papers
30.gif
. Normally that means Wow (world of war craft), an old Hitchcock movie with a pan of brownies and a glass of soy milk. Or gasp reading in perfect quietness (that really happens in my home).
I love Hitchcock movies!!! The Birds, Psycho, Rear Window, Dial M for Murder and Vertigo!
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I have nearly every one of his films on DVD!!!! I love Rebecca and Notorious the best though!
30.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
A hot bath, good assortment of magazines, chilling and watching qvc sell jewelry. Heaven.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Beau: Would totally do the spa, but don't have one... I'll have to save that for Sunday night at the Future Inlaws place.

Bliss: You have so many options, I'm going to put them all on a list to cross off over the weekend!! Other than training the non-existent cat to walk on a leash... fyi, my friend tought one of her cats to pee outside, thru the "animal" door. I'm not a cat person, but is that normal??
33.gif
However, C and I are going to adopt a dog. I'll attach a picture of the cutest pup ever at the bottom of this post.

Tgal: Wine is ready. I'm about to open a brand new bottle of a Texas Cab-Sauv... mmmmm

Skippy: Woohoo, alone time!! Hmm, books, I'm attempting to "survive" Audition: A Memoir of Barbara Walters. I worry to read it alone, due to the fact that my heart could stop from boredom and no one would be here to resessitate me
20.gif
It's the slowest book I've EVER read. And baking, would be a answer if I had groceries. That's also on the list for Sunday!!
3.gif

Macie: I really like Hitchcock movies as well. Great idea!!

FINAL DECISION: Movies on Demand. I totally forgot about chick flicks I never got to watch. I'm starting with Fool's Gold and then I think, No Reservtions. Anyone else have any recommendations?

luann puppy.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I have a night alone too!! My guy is hanging out with some other guys
20.gif
LOL

So I went to the grocery store and bought some bouqets for $1. They were super ghettofied but I fixed them up and they're lovely!!

Then I went to the beach. I didn't feel like getting in the water (mostly because he's in his car and his car has leather seats which is easier to dry off than mine are). Anyway, I just sort of sat there for a little while reading some trash magazines about which celebrities are pregnant and which are just fat (LOL) and then came home. Now I'm watching TV and eating popcorn
3.gif

beachyay.JPG

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine''s working until 11 P.M.

I''ve been working (well, working, PSing, working, PSing) all day. Now I''m going to make some rice (loooove white rice), heat up the pork chops from yesterday, and then sit in front of the TV and watch all my recorded court shows (People''s Court is my favorite - how embarrassing).

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 9:08:39 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I have a night alone too!! My guy is hanging out with some other guys
20.gif
LOL

So I went to the grocery store and bought some bouqets for $1. They were super ghettofied but I fixed them up and they''re lovely!!

Then I went to the beach. I didn''t feel like getting in the water (mostly because he''s in his car and his car has leather seats which is easier to dry off than mine are). Anyway, I just sort of sat there for a little while reading some trash magazines about which celebrities are pregnant and which are just fat (LOL) and then came home. Now I''m watching TV and eating popcorn
3.gif
This is what I would do if it were during the day.

At night I would hop in the jacuzzi tub and add bubble bath. Following that would be a chick flick!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are so romantic talking about bubble baths and stuff! I am too lazy to do that ahahah I rather plop in front of the TV

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 9:16:47 PM
Author: claudinam
Mine''s working until 11 P.M.

I''ve been working (well, working, PSing, working, PSing) all day. Now I''m going to make some rice (loooove white rice), heat up the pork chops from yesterday, and then sit in front of the TV and watch all my recorded court shows (People''s Court is my favorite - how embarrassing).
OH man rice and pork chops...with some beans and plantains.

I miss living at home with mom
7.gif
LOL

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine would involve a few drinks, a chick flick and some yummy deserts, THEN when I get bored, I''d call my best friend and chat!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fiery

tostones o maduros?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 9:41:04 PM
fiery

tostones o maduros?
With porkchops...tostones all the way
face23.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2008 10:15:23 PM
Author: fieryred33143

Date: 7/18/2008 9:41:04 PM
fiery

tostones o maduros?
With porkchops...tostones all the way
face23.gif
Oh yeah! Although if someone sitting next to me was having maduros I''d defnitely ask for one! haha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results