shape
carat
color
clarity

A New England Winter-pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
While we were visiting my parents in Massachusetts for Christmas, I got a few nice photos I thought I would post. I''m feeling a little nostalgic since coming home, and looking at these cheer me up a bit. The light was so amazing one day when we went for a walk at the beach (Plum Island).

Me at the trailhead of Hellcat Swamp boardwalk.

BecSign.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Dramatic clouds over the marsh

Clouds1.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

sunrays3.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0052.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

goldmarsh.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It was about 45 degrees, with little wind, a perfect day for a walk on the beach.

PIBeach.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The surf was coming in these perfect curls...

PISurf_best.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
A little bigger, sorry they''re kind of small.

PI_surf2.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0059.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
blue sky over golden reeds

rushes_sky.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 4:57:30 PM
Author: Selkie
blue sky over golden reeds

How pretty! This one is my fav!
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 4:41:05 PM
Author:Selkie
I''m feeling a little nostalgic since coming home, and looking at these cheer me up a bit.
First I have to say, beautiful pictures!!
I gotta tell you...my mother and stepfather came from Maine to meet me and my FI in Virginia (we live in TX but were visiting his family). My mom got me a bunch of nice things for xmas, but one gift really topped them all. She had simply just gone to Kennebunkport while it was snowing and took a picture of the Christmas tree in dock square. She put it in a frame for me since I was upset about spending ANOTHER Christmas in Virginia (we thought we were getting married there this summer, so it made sense to go there instead of my hometown).
Let me tell you....I bawled like a fricken BABY. Everytime I looked at the photo....just started crying. I would leave for a few hours, go back to the house and see the photo again, and start crying again (my mom would cry because I was crying...lol)! There is something so magical about a New England winter. I miss it terribly!!! It is literally the best gift I have ever gotten and it only cost like $3 to make.
1.gif

Maybe there is a way I can copy it and post it on this thread so people can see.
9.gif

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures are so gorgous!! I have never been there so this was a real treat to see. :) Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Selkie! You''re photos are beautiful! The pictures of the waves are gorgeous :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pictures Selkie! It''s funny, I''ve lived in New England most of my life and I''ve never been to Plum Island. I should check it out some day. It''s a gorgeous area, from what I''ve heard.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures, Selkie. Thanks for sharing...I''ve never been to NE in winter, and definitely not the beach! So this was a treat for me...what a gorgeous seascape, and you are adorable in your pretty sweater and headband/sunnies!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Plum Island is amazing, especially in the off-season. In fact I think I''ve been there more in fall and winter than in summer. There''s an entrance fee during the summer but during the week in winter, the gate is unstaffed, so you can park free. About halfway down to the Ipswich end is the Hellcat boardwalk that we were on, it goes through the dunes and the marsh, and is a really nice walk.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pics! Just so you know that type of ocean wave is called a "wall" here by surfers in San Diego California. All the waves come up in a wall and then come crashing down all at once. Not too good for surfing, but definitely my favorite to watch and listen to as the crash happens rhythmically.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
NE looks like an amazing place to live how beautiful and snowy :)

What an awesome present those are the best kind :)

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful pics Selkie! NE sure has had quite a winter this year so far, such a change from last year. I just got back from Vermont and the amount of snow they have received thus far is just incredible. I''m not much for the cold myself but you can''t beat the great morale and spirit that everyone had, and the wonderful time I was able to spend with my children was just priceless! I was beginning to wonder if the would ever be able to experience a true winter wonderland. Even though we are in CT all we have seen the past couple years has been mostly ice. Thanks for sharing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pics Selks, I love to see photos of N.E, it looks to be a place of magical beauty, especially when it snows!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 3:37:44 AM
Author: heraanderson
Beautiful pics! Just so you know that type of ocean wave is called a ''wall'' here by surfers in San Diego California. All the waves come up in a wall and then come crashing down all at once. Not too good for surfing, but definitely my favorite to watch and listen to as the crash happens rhythmically.

It''s funny, because when I was watching the waves I was thinking that if only they were a little bigger and were breaking further out, they''d look like the perfect idea of the California surfing wave. But they were small, and there was hardly any reach between when the wave crested and then hit the beach, so I imagine they''d actually suck to try and surf. Pretty, though! Sometimes we could see rainbows in the mist coming off them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pictures are so beautiful! I love the colors of the blues. Thanks for sharing; you make me want to go up there so I can take a stroll along that awesome beach to hear the waves crashing!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
A few more I thought were cool...

Oak leaf on the sand. Nice tranquil picture, right? Well, as I was taking it, I didn''t notice the big wave that was coming in right at me until it almost soaked my feet. Duh!

beachleaf.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Christmas tree!

DansTree.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
DH wearing his Harry Potter scarf

J_boardwalk.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More lovely pics!
3.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
In my element

PI_B.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Pretty door on a colonial house. DH had never been in NE for Christmas, and he really liked the tradition of window candles.

xmasdoor2.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It snowed the morning we flew back to LA, so I was lucky to get a few shots of snow covered tree limbs. Like my current avatar it''s one of my favorite sights, because while the snow sticks around everywhere else, it usually melts off the tree limbs soon after it stops snowing.

snowtree.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results