shape
carat
color
clarity

A little sad...no upgrade for 25th anniversary...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I am so glad you talked to Mark T! In my mind he is the best for cushions! (BUt I am biased...see my thread in Show me the ring)

It was a real pleasure to work with Mark and he was very prompt with calls, e-mails and getting the job done.

Maya

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will be in great hands with either of them. I know that Mark knows his cushions!!! You have to see Maya''s it''s drop dead gorgeous!!!
30.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Update! I just got off the phone with Tim at GOG and what a great guy! A big thanks goes out to Strmrdr
emthup.gif
for letting GOG know that I would be calling. Just like Mark at Engagement Rings Direct, Tim is a pro who wants to help me anyway he can. Tim says he will be looking into what he can do for me and is confident he can find me an excellent cushion. I am SO thrilled!
emstar.gif

Mark called me late yesterday, around 3:40 pm West Coast time, and we chatted about things and he has promised to search out his sources for me.

Both men are excellent representatives of their respective companies and cordial. I cannot thank all of you for your suggestions and comments. I really want to pursue this route first and see what happens. If the yields are not what my husband and I feel comfortable with, then we''ll pursue the cz route. But..this girl does want the sparkly on her hand...I must confess. A slightly smaller cushion is better than no cushon at all...if possible!
emlove.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Deanna can''t wait to see what they can find for you. This is soooo exciting. Yay for you!!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Deanna that''s great! I''m excited for you - please keep us updated!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DeannaBanana, I am so sorry that your initial visit went so badly.
However, the recent updates are awesome!
It seems that with Chris, the frog in boiling water is the way to go...upgrade for a cushion, then upgrade again, etcetera, until you have reached the dream ring that a woman who bore NINE CHILDREN deserves.
Three hundred and sixty weeks of pregnancy people!!!

My husband is Chris-esque; a wonderful man who has been devoted to me since we were 13, but Mister Practical.
Good luck, I hope you have a cushion on your hand soon!!!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 12:52:46 PM
Author: kaleigh
That''s great Deanna can''t wait to see what they can find for you. This is soooo exciting. Yay for you!!!!
Thanks Kaleigh!

I knew everyone who has been helping me would appreciate knowing what was going on...it IS exciting!
emotion-19.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 2:19:50 PM
Author: MrsFrk

23.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 1:47:47 PM
Author: ecf8503
Oh Deanna that''s great! I''m excited for you - please keep us updated!
Ecf8503,
You have been very, very helpful and I thank you. I definitely will give periodic updates...maybe I need to re-name this thread...got any ideas?
emotion-40.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seems like the jewelry store wake up call your hubby got just needed a while to sink in! Sticker-shock gets the best of us all sometimes!

SO HAPPY you''re feeling a little better about the situation & maintaining a good, balanced, but hopeful outlook.

((With nine kids, the HOPE DIAMOND wouldn''t be too big, IMO))

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 2:19:50 PM
Author: MrsFrk
Oh DeannaBanana, I am so sorry that your initial visit went so badly.
However, the recent updates are awesome!
It seems that with Chris, the frog in boiling water is the way to go...upgrade for a cushion, then upgrade again, etcetera, until you have reached the dream ring that a woman who bore NINE CHILDREN deserves.

My husband is Chris-esque; a wonderful man who has been devoted to me since we were 13, but Mister Practical.
Good luck, I hope you have a cushion on your hand soon!!!!
emotion-5.gif
Oh MrsFrk! You crack me up!!!
emcrook.gif

Thanks for chiming in and lifting my spirits and my day! I have heard from so many here on PS that have hubby''s or BFs that are so sensitive and so warm and I sometimes feel that I am the only woman who has a guy who, well, doesn''t get it. Women think like women...like it or not! We like jewelry. We love diamonds! We love to talk, we love to have our friends, and we don''t try to make sense to the guys in our lives and that''s ok...my hubby is so confused by all of this...and that''s ok...

When I was pregnant--and as you mentioned, I was ALOT--my whole world was babies this and babies that. After they were born, it was nursing this and new mommy that. Now that they are older, it is kids this, kids/school that. The cycle continues. if I had had a PC near by, I wouldn''t have used it much cuz I was too buy giving birth, nursing, changing diapers, taking someone somewhere, etc. Now, that they are older, it''s "me" time and I do a little more for me and that''s ok...hence, my pricescope time.

I keep telling him he is AWFUL lucky that I am not one of those ladies who is serious high maintenance. Outside of my gel nails that I get done religiously(cuz he likes them!), skin products(once every 6 weeks), hair weave(once every 6 weeks), gym membership(hello--I want to be healthier and look NOT like the mom of 9, thank you very much!
emwink.gif
), I''d say he is getting off pretty light. I work in our flower shop 2-3 afternoons a week on top of running our home, taking kids to dance, orthodonist, and doing grocery shopping and cooking. I just say all this so that you might get a visual of how I am NOT just parking myself in front of a tv or pc all day.

Back to cushion talk...I should hear back from Mark T. later today or I will call him...tell then...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 2:36:20 PM
Author: decodelighted
Seems like the jewelry store wake up call your hubby got just needed a while to sink in! Sticker-shock gets the best of us all sometimes!

SO HAPPY you''re feeling a little better about the situation & maintaining a good, balanced, but hopeful outlook.

You are 2 much!!! But if its available...I''ll take it!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Boy, do I ever agree!!!!!
36.gif

Deanne...I''ve been following this thread with interest and HUGE sympathy!

I''m absolutely THRILLED that you''ve worked it out and will be getting your upgrade!!

One advantage to upgrading by increments rather than all at once is that you''ll be able to enjoy this incredible excitement more than just once in the years ahead!

SO HAPPY for you!
3.gif

widget

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 2:53:01 PM
Author: widget

Boy, do I ever agree!!!!!
36.gif

Deanne...I''ve been following this thread with interest and HUGE sympathy!

I''m absolutely THRILLED that you''ve worked it out and will be getting your upgrade!!

One advantage to upgrading by increments rather than all at once is that you''ll be able to enjoy this incredible excitement more than just once in the years ahead!

SO HAPPY for you!
3.gif

widget
How r u widget?! Thanks so much...you know, you r right...I will be involved in the whole diamond selection thing again for a little while until I find the one that "fits"...kind of like finding the slipper that fits the princess! I guess in this case, the queen
emwink.gif
!

I appreciate you sharing in this with me!
emsmile.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
DeannaB, I soooo know what you mean. Mr. FRK is so not romantic. After many years, he now knows I expect a Valentine's day card. Took a few years to get that established, and another year or so to drill into his skull that the card in the brown bag from the store was not sufficient, he had to AT LEAST write Love, F.

When we got married, we eloped, which was totally my idea. I didn't eat paint chips as a child, I knew him well enough to know that if I was waiting for a bended knee proposal I'd be dead before it happened.

I was totally floored when he suggested on a trip to Thailand a few years ago that we buy a sapphire to make a ring. He gave me a sapphire ring for my 15th birthday ( the last time he did anything spontaneously romantic, and I now know that is was my stepMIL who was the brains behind that project). It took a while to find the right stone, and the whole transaction nearly did me in. It took some back and forthing, and then finally, I thought it was on the way. He called me to say that the fees for wire transfers were "totally outrageous" and he needed to "rethink how we are going to tackle this". I wanted to tackle him, until he had no breath left.

That's just how he is. Him being this way has allowed us to be financially independent and secure. But boy can it be exhausting communicating with the boy.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results