clarity

A hanforging journey - Five-Stone Eight-Prong trellis by DBL

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: A hanforging journey - Five-Stone Eight-Prong trellis by

Yssie|1324493935|3086215 said:
ihy, Haven - :bigsmile:

Well I'm jumping the gun on all sorts of things today! The *parts* for the studs are in, but they aren't set yet. So could I request some pre-Christmas-setting dust? And the stone reorientation will apparently have to wait until January, so they're going to ship it out and I'll wear it around until then... works out okay actually, I'll get a chance to make sure everything else is perfect and decide what sort of band I want and have them make it while they have the ring on-hand in January to be sure everything's good together...

OK, you've got the dust! I've got questions! What a deal. . .

So if the ring is shipping now without the stone being reoriented, will we get to see pictures even though we know that it will be changed? So the VC band won't work with this new setting because the metals are different colors and there are no milgrained bezels on this ring? I'm sorry that the band won't work either but you might as well get it all made at once - then you're done!

Here's truly hoping the earrings get set and sent and that we see this new ring very soon! I know you've waited a very long time for it to be all that you want - here's hoping!! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

::snort:: Haven, my dear, I'm pretty sure we're all a little nuts. So you're in good company ::)

preg - that LM *is* lovely - I've had that pic saved for years!

Bella, Pinto - I'm not trying to be a tease - I think it should ship this week!

MGR - I'll definitely post pics, after I've checked it over to make sure I'm happy with it!

This one actually does have milgrain right on top of the basket, like Haven's ring, but you're right, the VC band won't work with it - the colour's wrong, and it's much lower to the finger in comparison. I also get the feeling the overall "look" of this one is more modern, which would clash with the very vintage-y band...

I thought about selling it (for maybe five seconds?) I LOVE that band - it is truly perfection in a sweet and tiny package :love: I've been wearing it with a plain band to work, and I won't want to wear my fivestone to work anyway so that actually works out well!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Earrings done, ring shipping today - eep!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1324583349|3086938 said:
Earrings done, ring shipping today - eep!!
WaHOOOOOOO! Happy dance!

I'm so excited for you, Yssie! I can't wait to see the pictures. I mean, seriously, I cannot wait to see the pictures. I hope those camera batteries are charging right now. You'll need at least one spare. And you have your cable located, right? The one you use to plug the camera into the computer? Might as well get that ready to go now. No sense in wasting any time. :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm just kidding. Sort of.

I remember that antsy feeling I had when I got the call that my ring was ready. I was at work. My heart started beating faster. Fear and anticipation and excitement mingled together in an intoxicating stew, and I was lost for the rest of the day. Papers were not graded. Emails were not returned. All I could think about was the ring and what it was going to look like. And would I love it or hate it? I sent DH about twelve emails reminding him to be home exactly when I would get there because if he wasn't, I was going to the jeweler without him.

Eeeeek! I'm feeling all of those things for you right now, Yssie! I have a good feeling about this one.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do too!!

I'm MUCH MUCH calmer than I was about getting the VC though, I have to say. Having pics definitely helps! Even if I'm being a tease about posting them 'cause I want to make sure I love it first 8)

Sadly I just realised I won't actually get to *see* it until Monday or Tuesday - DH and I will be travelling, and waiting after I know it's on the way is even worse than waiting for it to be done!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh, that is not fair. Monday or Tuesday?!?! How are we going to stand the wait?! I mean, ahem, how are YOU going to stand the wait? :cheeky:

I was in Barnes & Noble tonight (of course I was) and thought of you, Yssie. I think the light is best on the second floor, right near the ledge that looks over to the first floor. The stores around us are all set up in similar patterns. I found the area *right* by the down escalator to be the best. No pressure, but if you're looking for a good place for a little photo shoot once Monday comes around . . .

Maybe we could make a date for all PSers to take photos of their rings in very public places. I can see stories popping up around the world, "Strange Phenomenon of Women Photographing their Diamonds in Public" . . . "Booksellers Offended After Asked to Please Step Aside, You Are Blocking the Light" :bigsmile:

The last time I was taking video in my local grocery store my friend with whom I always chat came over and held my basket for me. People understand. He definitely didn't go home and tell his family about the crazy lady in the grocery store. Definitely not.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

Wow the suspense is killing me to! How am I going to make it through Christmas without seeing it! I'm really glad you're keeping the VC band -I love that band so so much and think it sounds perfect to wear to work if you don't want to wear your 5 stone all the time.

Haven- I seriously want to "like" every single one of your posts :) You're making me laugh so hard (in a good way I promise...)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well. . . . it is Tuesday afternoon here on the east coast. . . . any sighting of the new ring?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1325015022|3089455 said:
Well. . . . it is Tuesday afternoon here on the east coast. . . . any sighting of the new ring?

It's at my parents' house! I'm all over the place this week so I won't see it 'til this weekend! Unless poor DH decides he can't handle me anymore and makes the 12hr roundtrip to retrieve it before that I guess :rodent:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1325015333|3089460 said:

It's at my parents' house! I'm all over the place this week so I won't see it 'til this weekend! Unless poor DH decides he can't handle me anymore and makes the 12hr roundtrip to retrieve it before that I guess :rodent:

Oh, my, I don't know how you handle the suspense! :shock: Hope you are enjoying the holidays though!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am, thank you MGR! Work has been keeping me busy but DH and I are taking a long weekend to visit family - his sister is back in the US after a couple of years abroad, so everyone's very excited about that, and my parents just got a new puppy so they've invited the family in to meet him ::)

As for the ring - I'm about ready to shed my skin waiting for it... And the earrings (which *are* done!)...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wait, earrings??? What did I miss? What kind of earrings? A twelve hour drive isn't so bad if it means you get to see your pretties a few days earlier! :lol: Anxiously awaiting your reaction and the photos!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire|1325021553|3089543 said:
Wait, earrings??? What did I miss? What kind of earrings? A twelve hour drive isn't so bad if it means you get to see your pretties a few days earlier! :lol: Anxiously awaiting your reaction and the photos!

Seriously! Why on earth doesn't DH agree with me? :naughty:

I got these lil' guys set! ~2.5ctw, into 8prong martinis like Bliss' old studs :love:

J.OECs.2.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1325022045|3089548 said:
yennyfire|1325021553|3089543 said:

Seriously! Why on earth doesn't DH agree with me? :naughty:

I got these lil' guys set! ~2.5ctw, into 8prong martinis like Bliss' old studs :love:

J.OECs.2.png

There's always overnight shipping. . . just sayin'. . .

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1325022187|3089550 said:
There's always overnight shipping. . . just sayin'. . .

Thought about it. Trouble is I had it go to them *because* I'm travelling and have no idea what my/DH's schedules for this week are, so even if they sent it it'd probably just sit at the station until Friday evening anyway! :(sad

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1325015333|3089460 said:

Has he left yet? Seriously, does your DH not know he's killing us????? :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Can I just cry?? Those stones are GORGEOUS! I want a pair so bad! They are going to be gorgeous! Man, can you adopt me??? I didn't get any bling for the holidays and aren't likely to anytime soon! :blackeye:

Heck, my hubby was willing to drive round trip from the East Coast to the West Coast to pick up my ring just to get me to stop pining for it once I knew it was ready....12 hours is nothing! :wacko:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, any updates? :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1325629052|3094316 said:

I have it :bigsmile: and I am *very* happy with it!!

I'm still sorting through pics, but they'll be up tonight! The comparison thread will take a few more days.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good for you, Yssie :appl:

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock

okay - I can't wait much longer!!!!!
so exited!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Makes sure we get lots of hand pics!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1325629176|3094319 said:

I'm still sorting through pics, but they'll be up tonight! The comparison thread will take a few more days.

The suspense is killing me!!! :devil: I'm breathing over this thread like a dog waiting on a bone!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1325629176|3094319 said:

Awesome news!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

Cannot wait to see this!!!! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

So glad that you are happy with it, and I want pics NOW!!!! :cheeky:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see pics! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks amazing. Since we discussed costs elsewhere I know I am not the only one who would like to know the final price for this mount, if you can share.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results