carat
color
clarity

bcmacdonald

Staff member
2021-11-a-few-of-my-favorite-rings-1024x573.jpg

John Pollard published a new blog post.

My Favorite Things​

The Sound of Music,” one of the most popular musicals in history and a classic movie from 1965 starring Julie Andrews, has many memorable tunes. One that sticks with me, time and time again...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
One of my favorite movies.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Maria Von Trapp, along with several hundred of my nearest and dearest when she gave a speech at the University of Idaho in the Fall of 1966. She sat for an hour of so after the speech and many of us stayed to "chat" with her.

She was a gray haired lady then and seemed very old to me at the age of 19. I have always remembered how pleasant she was to all of us who stayed.

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Does anyone want to share a picture of their own solution?

Hint: This is an invitation to clean and show off some of your eye-candy here. :dance:

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
My favorite ring holder is an old desk bell. This one is in my kitchen.
20211116_175603.jpg

20191202_153316.jpg

That is unique and awesome. Please tell us you ding that bell each time you put your ring back on?

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This is mine (I got married on the beach near a famous lighthouse) 0AFA41C0-E29D-448A-8658-676B9CDAEA91.jpeg

I love this. You get to revisit the wedding every time you put your ring back on. Was it a self-gift, or did someone get the lighthouse ring-holder for you? Is it sterling?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I love this. You get to revisit the wedding every time you put your ring back on. Was it a self-gift, or did someone get the lighthouse ring-holder for you? Is it sterling?

It's pewter, I believe made in Nova Scotia - I bought it at a charming store of bits and ends near the wedding site the day before the wedding when I forgot the champagne flutes and needed to find champagne flutes for our toast the next day :lol:

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It's pewter, I believe made in Nova Scotia - I bought it at a charming store of bits and ends near the wedding site the day before the wedding when I forgot the champagne flutes and needed to find champagne flutes for our toast the next day :lol:

Nice! It's funny how little missteps can lead to serendipitous moments.

My lady and I are creatures of habit. Around 10 years ago I forgot to reserve a table at our fav restaurant and they were egregiously overbooked. Disappointed, we wound up squeezing into a couple of seats at the bar...and have never left. We had no idea we would like it better. Granted, it's a luxurious bar. But we had no idea until we made the rez mistake.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results