shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new pics, a few new stones..but some craptastic conditions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 9:30:34 AM
Author: Arcadian

TL, I''ve got at least 3 more coming.

12.gif
One is being certified which is why its taking so long. I''m looking at maybe March for those.

Burberrygirl, its the same freaking song and dance today too! Its such a gray and terrible day out.

thanks blithesome71

crasru, you had BETTER take some pictures of that thing especially if its the one I''m thinking you got, OMG! it would truely be blasphemous not to!

And Mass is such a mess. Parts of Mass had some serious flooding, the other part had a ton of snow. We on the other hand are still seeing brown earth and grass, though we did get a little wet and got some ice which quickly melted. All those mega snow storms that hit the east coast decided to spare the inside of the 495 loop because by now we''re usually ass deep in snow. Maybe we''ll pay for all this tropicalness in March.

Thanks Cind11, ma re, hey joe, virgoruby

Kim Bruun, if you get one, you have to be rather picky about it because so much on the market can be zoned or heated out the wazoo. JXR isn''t a locale I found around a whole lot, which I wanted because of some of the stones I''ve seen on here. Zambian Ammy is also very nice if you want blue flash.

cellentani, still no sun
39.gif

LD, No suprise we get the same weather because I''m seriously right off the coast from you chica! I always joke and tell folks across the pond that it takes me longer to get to Vegas than to London (which is true lol)

Thanks oddoneout

-A
And what color is the one that''s being certified?? Need a hint, so I have something to look forward to!!

LD,
Doesn''t the sky look like that all the time in the UK? LOL!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 10:37:19 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

And what color is the one that''s being certified?? Need a hint, so I have something to look forward to!!

LD,
Doesn''t the sky look like that all the time in the UK? LOL!
Lovely stones Arcadian. I especially like Gene''s stone, and the pink spinel.

Yes, the sky does look like that for most of the time in the UK and it''s one of the reasons I''m glad I live in Alberta, Canada now. 80% of the time we look at a bright blue sky - whatever the season. Makes up for all the snow I have to look at.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, I love that tourmaline!! Can''t wait to see it set. Even if we''re not seeing the glow, its still gorgeous. And go Amguy on that amethyst, its beautiful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gaily and Novel.

TL, I will only say that the stone being certed is blue
2.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 7:33:26 PM
Thanks Gaily and Novel.

2.gif

-A
Arcadian,
Did ya get it yet??? I''m waiting for a stone to be certified too, but supposedly there''s some political unrest in Thailand, and it''s taking soooooo long.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great stones, just beautiful.

I thought your pics were excellent! BTW, that is also Alaska weather, not just confined to the UK and MA, LOL.

Don''t you love Gene''s cutting? That tourm is stunning, I wish we could see it in person.

Sounds like some great projects coming up!

Thanks for sharing the eye candy.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not a pink person but i do love that amethyst....and i think your last picture of the tourmaline does indicate how beautiful it must be up close and personal! well done!

mz

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 9:42:48 PM
Its for sure blue flash, but I also see some pink in there too in certain lighting conditions. I forget the actual ct weight but for sure 3+ct stone.

WOW! that is a fabulous colour! I want one too!!!
31.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 10:03:26 PM
Last one! If you ignore the reflection of my camera, you can see the lovely mix of blue and green in this stone. IRL, there''s a bit of yellow there too but its very faint. I like it as it softens transitions of the blue and green.

-A

This one is fabulous too - minty but with a touch of blue
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 10:42:04 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 2/28/2010 7:33:26 PM
Thanks Gaily and Novel.

2.gif

-A
Arcadian,
Did ya get it yet??? I''m waiting for a stone to be certified too, but supposedly there''s some political unrest in Thailand, and it''s taking soooooo long.
Nothing yet. of course I''ve been checking the mailbox a gazillion times a day
20.gif
Maybe next week I guess.

The toumaline is at my jewelers being set.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks stoniegrl, movie zombie, Maevie I''ve got SOOOO many projects languishing in my head! I could totally push my budget out but I''m really trying to take a (more
emembarrassed.gif
) conservative approach for now and do maybe 1-2 projects at a time.

I talked to my jewler about the idea I had for all my ammy''s and its going to be X-Pensive!
23.gif
That will have to wait a little bit.

I''ll upload a few pics of the setting by itself in a few.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the setting made in 18K white gold, I didn''t change the diamonds. being their particularly tiny I just asked that they match them up well. I have to admit I prefer the color of it over 14K white. With a halo this would have been a really big ring so I went with a deceptively simple setting to compliment the stone. I really love the basket, another reason why it was quite high on my list. Once its back I''ll do a full photoshoot.

-A

arcs3xtourmring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
It looks gorgeous in that setting!
36.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product - the setting looks lovely!
Btw, I''ve got a Namya spinel from Dana too.
2.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL and Vigoruby. As the stones I like are getting bigger, I''m starting to choose minimalist settings. Thats probably a good thing in the long run...lol

BTW V, if its the one I think it is, you''re going to love it. Thats some really nice material.

-A

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:00:43 PM
Thanks TL and Vigoruby. As the stones I like are getting bigger, I''m starting to choose minimalist settings. Thats probably a good thing in the long run...lol

BTW V, if its the one I think it is, you''re going to love it. Thats some really nice material.

-A

I''m suffering from gem shrinkage syndrome too...

I got my Namya spinel from Dana before Christmas.. it''s a 1.3ct oval & very pretty!
I now want a Mahenge & possibly in a bigger size!
5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

-A
I find that this is true for me too.
9.gif
But it doesn''t stop me from going with a flashy setting.
11.gif
Your setting looks awesome (nice basket) and the set stone looks to be a good fit.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2010 4:44:02 PM
Author: Chrono

-A
I find that this is true for me too.
9.gif
But it doesn''t stop me from going with a flashy setting.
11.gif
Your setting looks awesome (nice basket) and the set stone looks to be a good fit.
Yeah I know. I''d totally babysit your rings
9.gif

After I set that 6ct peridot I had to put on a few brakes.. first, that stone is huge on my hand. I love it but its huge. 2nd, if I got that big again, with a halo I''m going to be so spoiled.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results