shape
carat
color
clarity

A Dinner Proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KankanMusa

Rough_Rock
Hi, ladies. I''m planning to propose to my GF in about a month and want to bounce my ideas off some "experts!"

I''m planning to propose on an important date for us, and I''m hoping to take her to the restaurant we went to on our first date. I''m hoping to get the same table reserved - I think if the staff knows there''s a proposal involved they''ll happily oblige. I''m planning to get down on one knee (she wants that) and I''m not going to plan or rehearse what I''ll actually say (I''m more comfortable on the fly).

Does that sound good? Is there anything I should add to it? Anything I should avoid?

Thanks, and I''ll keep you posted on how things go!

OMG

Rough_Rock
My fiance proposed in a restaurant, he was so nervous even before we got there. He decided not to wait until desert (which seems to be the norm) so he put the ring box in the bread basket. I thought it was cute - and it was nice to enjoy the dinner together without any nerves!!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2008 10:03:15 PM
Author:KankanMusa
Hi, ladies. I''m planning to propose to my GF in about a month and want to bounce my ideas off some ''experts!''

I''m planning to propose on an important date for us, and I''m hoping to take her to the restaurant we went to on our first date. I''m hoping to get the same table reserved - I think if the staff knows there''s a proposal involved they''ll happily oblige. I''m planning to get down on one knee (she wants that) and I''m not going to plan or rehearse what I''ll actually say (I''m more comfortable on the fly).

Does that sound good? Is there anything I should add to it? Anything I should avoid?

Thanks, and I''ll keep you posted on how things go!
I love it all. Words from the heart, a special day and place, what''s not to love!!! Is the table somewhat secluded?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is very very sweet.
My husband proposed in a restaurant. He did it after dinner after they took our desert order.
Unfortunately, I know him very well and was 98% sure he was going to propose that night. I was very upset because
1) he was wearing JEANS (it still bothers me!)
2) I couldnt see the buldge in his pocket from a ring box
So I wondered if he was going to do it. So here I am dressed up to the 9''s and he''s in jeans. He wore the jeans to make him more comfortable, and at ease... and the ring was in the trunk of his car. He excused himself from the table I thought to use the restroom, and he came back with this giant pink box- and it was filled with ring pops... (one for every time I asked him where my ring was!)
Proposals are sweet and tender... but I definately love the idea of getting it out of the way early... it would have made it less stressful for both of us. Me, because I was 98% sure it was coming, and him... just to do it.
Your idea is really romantic, I love it! My only tip is.... no jeans!
(When a girl envisions the proposal- she usually thinks of her looking her best, and the same of her man. If she wants you to drop down to one knee... look good doing it... a lot of people are going to be looking at the two of you! wink wink!)
GOOD LUCK!
36.gif
(Be sure to post the hand shots in Show Me the Ring After she says YES!)

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
How sweet!
9.gif

There''s nothing more romantic than words from the heart at a special place and time for the couple.

Best wishes and keep us posted!
36.gif

KankanMusa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input and support! FYI, this may be delayed a bit. I just found out that the night I was planning to do this is around the same time as a big local basketball tournament. It may be difficult to get into "our" restaurant. I''ll be out of town for work for a few weeks after that, too. Looks like an early March time frame, but hey, better late than never!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no! Don''t delay your engagement because of a basketball tournament! Choose another location!

Yippee

Rough_Rock
Oh no~
I second DiamondSeeker2006! Must be quite the patient one to postpone a whole month! I give you props for that.
If the restaurants are too busy the night you originally planned, perhaps you could make a candlelit dinner at your place?

Regardless, I''m sure you''ll have give her an extra special memory to cherish forever. Good luck and share the news
36.gif
whenever you do it!

KankanMusa

Rough_Rock
Good idea, Yippee, making her a nice dinner at my place could work nicely. Some candles, some nice music, her favorite dish - that sounds fun. I''ll have to think about that - and I''ll definitely keep you all posted!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Just one thought!

I would like before my boyfriend proposes to talk about how he really loves me, talk about what we''ve been through together, what our future will be like, etc etc, before popping the question.

If your girlfriend would like that- make sure your "on the fly" is not too scattered =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results