shape
carat
color
clarity

A cure for Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found it! I''ve found the cure! If you want your diamond to feel bigger instead of having that, uh, shrinking feeling, the answer is:

MOVE!

Where I live in America ladies have some fairly big stones, and while my .7 is probably still larger than average, in the kinds of places I frequent, it''s WAY smaller than the average.

Well, I never really noticed before, but in my hometown, very few women wear a diamond, most just wear a band. And those that do wear diamonds, the stones are really small and mostly poor quality. The whole time I''ve been visiting here, I think I only noticed two rocks bigger than mine, one being the new 1 ct HOF that her bf gave my ex-step-mom and one on a lady in a luxury goods store.

People keep saying ''WOW! OMG! Look at that ring!'' And I''m starting to feel positively embarassed at our, uh, extravagance. I feel like I''ve got the Hope diamond on my hand! (but cleaner... teehee).

So, if you start to feel your diamond is shrinking, just pick up and move town and you''ll feel like the blingiest gal around.
3.gif
I kinda don''t wanna leave! But I''m flying back to America today. And back to DSS. And back to work for that matter.
39.gif
But back to FI too!
30.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehehe. I live in the midwest and most of the gals in my social circle have conservative rings - one carat or less. When DH and I travel sometimes I''m embarassed by the compliments that my .80 gets.

Jess

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well--
Everything is bigger in Texas, so my 1ct is nothing new to folks around these parts. But when I was in VA with all of FI''s family, I did find that I was a little self-conscious of my "huge rock". lol. One of FI''s little cousins even mentioned it during dinner. We were talking about frogs, of all things, and she asked me if I liked them. I told her that I LOVVVE frogs. She asked me if I like big frogs, and I said "the bigger the better!" and then she asked, "like the size of your ring?"

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 10:49:51 AM
Author: DivaDiamond007
Hehehehe. I live in the midwest and most of the gals in my social circle have conservative rings - one carat or less. When DH and I travel sometimes I''m embarassed by the compliments that my .80 gets.

Jess
Me too. For the most part, the norm around here is about .50-.75, which makes my 1.4 look pretty big.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Anyone know how I can get a moving company to Supai, AZ? From what I hear they may not even have diamonds...shrinkage would NEVER be a problem!
9.gif

In the end, it''s not about size, it''s about attitude. My favorite line heard, "That''s an amazingly perfect ring!" Response: "Thanks you should see the guy who gave it to me!"
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to take my first post-engagement trip to visit my hometown (central Illinois) these holidays! The norm there is a little under a carat I think, but ALWAYS rounds and princesses... and ALWAYS channel, shared-prong or plain bands. My asscher with a bead-set band will look quite exotic
9.gif

Except for the fact that I'm SURE I'm one of very, VERY few who actually pay attention to such things!
39.gif
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Musey

Central IL - I''m in Moultrie

Where are you?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 11:34:32 AM
Author: Nicrez
Anyone know how I can get a moving company to Supai, AZ? From what I hear they may not even have diamonds...shrinkage would NEVER be a problem!
9.gif

In the end, it''s not about size, it''s about attitude. My favorite line heard, ''That''s an amazingly perfect ring!'' Response: ''Thanks you should see the guy who gave it to me!''
30.gif

I LOVE IT!!! That''s a perfect response!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 3:33:53 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Musey

Central IL - I''m in Moultrie

Where are you?
I live in LA. Googlemaps tells me my hometown is 60 miles from you, but I''ve never heard of Moultrie!

man I understand that! I was so worried my diamond woudl be to small for my fiance but she has the largest diamond either of us have seen anybody wearing over here in fukuoka, Japan. Everybody says woooow, thats huge! is that 1 ct! and just swoons over how beautiful and BIG they think it is.

(as though 1 ct were the absolute largest they can imagine, though most never see anyone wearing that size). she has told me how impressed everybody is by her .6cts but I have warned her...when she moves to America, its not going to be so big anymore
14.gif
! Maybe I will have to pick my future jobs based on average diamond size in the region...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
he he, funny thread!!
1.gif

I wish we could move! So many women in S''pore I see sport huge rocks! A friend of mine told me at our drinkies last night that in her circle of friends, the "typical" engagagement ring is at least 3 carat! And she''s only 31!
6.gif
. So I told her that when we got engaged, I got a 1 carat stone and thought it was HUGE and it wasn''t until our 10th anniversary that I got an upgrade to a 3 carater. I also asked her, is it your oil industry "cirle of friends" (she''s a oil buyer of some sort and her hubby is an oil trader and they have 2 cars, she has the latest SLK (or at least I think that''s what it is) Merc!)? And she said yes, surprise surprise!
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Musey:

Where in Illinois? I was born and raised in Bloomington-Normal; my older sister still lives there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results