shape
carat
color
clarity

A crying thread and a poll - the ring that got away so what next?

What should my next project be?

• Upgrade to a larger diamond

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Upgrade to a larger 5 stone

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Green Emerald solitaire

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Nothing - you have enough stuff psycho

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So I may have just talked the other half into the 3.98 ;-)

1631070395508.gif

I noticed it is pending. Are you buying it? If not, we can certainly help you look for something.

It's so funny that we have matching cats.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I noticed it is pending. Are you buying it? If not, we can certainly help you look for something.

It's so funny that we have matching cats.

Yes I am buying it. She has a three day inspection period. So you have a little Siamese also?! Awesome.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg! I love that diamond. It looks amazing. And it’s HUGE! Please please post back when you get it! I see why you were so sad about the other Diamond though. That first one was a banger for sure. Can’t wait to see this! Also I’m super jealous…. 4ct?!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, it's good that you will have an inspection period. I am concerned about the architecture of the stone. It may be quite shallow. She hasn't shown a side view, which is a bit of a red flag, and I see a moderate tilt window under the table. It has what looks like chips around the girdle, which could be an issue.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So, it's good that you will have an inspection period. I am concerned about the architecture of the stone. It may be quite shallow. She hasn't shown a side view, which is a bit of a red flag, and I see a moderate tilt window under the table. It has what looks like chips around the girdle, which could be an issue.
The depth is 62.7. If there are chips that’s definitely a problem; she usually discloses that though. It’s not noted in the GIA report. But again I will for sure have a good look. The ring originally belonged to an IGer Msuite8 so there’s lots of footage of it there.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The depth is 62.7. If there are chips that’s definitely a problem; she usually discloses that though. It’s not noted in the GIA report. But again I will for sure have a good look. The ring originally belonged to an IGer Msuite8 so there’s lots of footage of it there.

Oh! It's good that Gypsy has more information than there was in the one post.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy? I’m not sure what that means!

Haha! She has just returned to PS and her profile picture looks just like yours. In fact, while she wasn’t posting under the Gypsy account because she was in the trade, I kept thinking your posts were hers before I read them. I was reacting to your statement about the depth, thinking she had posted it. Sorry!

62.7 is shallow for an OEC, by the way.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Haha! She has just returned to PS and her profile picture looks just like yours. In fact, while she wasn’t posting under the Gypsy account because she was in the trade, I kept thinking your posts were hers before I read them. I was reacting to your statement about the depth, thinking she had posted it. Sorry!
I have two cats and it looks like they both match a PSer’s. :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
62.7 is shallow for an OEC, by the way.

In the reading I have done I thought it was a good depth. But again I have the peace of mind of having the ability to return if I don’t like it.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the reading I have done I thought it was a good depth. But again I have the peace of mind of having the ability to return if I don’t like it.

In OECs, around a 50% table and around 64-65% depth are ideal. Mine has a 51% table and a depth of 64.7%. What is the table percentage on this one you’ve ordered?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
In OECs, around a 50% table and around 64-65% depth are ideal. Mine has a 51% table and a depth of 64.7%. What is the table percentage on this one you’ve ordered?

It’s 53%

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That would account for some of the depth, and it might perform well. Fingers crossed that you love it!

I hope so! I’m most nervous about the clarity. But I’m glad I still have my current oec to compare.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This video shows the side view a bit!

So does this one:

And this one:

This is kind of an IG famous ring! I wonder why msuite8 is selling it. I think it’s lovely. May you have years of enjoyment!

Thank you so much for finding these! I started looking on her IG more after you mentioned the side, and almost every darn view was top down. Haha! I think she’s buying an even bigger honker.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I think yours is prettier!

I remember the stone, if it's the one I'm thinking and I'm almost positive it is. It looks amazing loose, so I'll be interested in seeing other views of it on IG :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I remember the stone, if it's the one I'm thinking and I'm almost positive it is. It looks amazing loose, so I'll be interested in seeing other views of it on IG :)

It’s insanely beautiful. I have definitely admired this OEC on IG

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Nope, it’s not that stone. The 5.5ct is an OEC (round), and msuite8’s new one is an old mine cut (square cushion).

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Nope, it’s not that stone. The 5.5ct is an OEC (round), and msuite8’s new one is an old mine cut (square cushion).

Oh gosh it does look different. I just assumed that it had a more squarish appearance in the setting. Eta gem hoarder has that 5.5 :) What a beauty!

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh it does look different. I just assumed that it had a more squarish appearance in the setting. Eta gem hoarder has that 5.5 :) What a beauty!

Yep GemHoarder has the 5.5 beauty and set into a bezel. It's got serious coverage at like 12mm+ spread!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hope you will like it in person! Big jump in size from planned 2.5 to 2.8 to 4! Do you think you'll be ok with that long term? Or do you think a 5.5 to 6.5 is more what you want?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hope you will like it in person! Big jump in size from planned 2.5 to 2.8 to 4! Do you think you'll be ok with that long term? Or do you think a 5.5 to 6.5 is more what you want?

Well the 2.5 to 2.8 was more about mm spread than weight; the 2.46 that I loved had the spread of most 2.8s that I had seen. And yes it is a big jump, but essentially I didn't think that an almost 4 was in the realm of possibility so it wasn't on the radar. But when I saw Diana's post, and showed it to DH, he was on board bc he also loved the stone and the price point is (I think) really good for the spread (provided it performs in person like it does on video), so we went for it.

It seems a bit impulsive and perhaps it is but when it comes to bling I can be weirdly non-picky. Idk if you have ever seen "Say Yes to the Dress" (one of my guilty pleasures) but there are two types of brides - the one who has a very specific idea of what she likes and nitpicks over all the details, and the one who likes the way everything looks and has a hard time choosing for that reason. I'm in category 2. I'm in love with everything.

I don't think I will go higher though. For one, as you have noted, reselling is tough. I think DH will kill me :lol: Also, I have skinny fingers and so I think this is the max for me without it looking "gumball machine" like. (though old cuts tend to look less like that than mrbs imho). For 5+ I think of ECs or other shapes lend themselves to those sizes. Personal preference and all that :)

Sorry for the ramble!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When will you get the ring???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results