shape
carat
color
clarity

A conversation with my dad that made me happy I picked my own e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
So I posted on here awhile back about how my mom lost her e-ring stone maybe three months ago.. She has said she doesn''t want another solitaire. She doesn''t really see the point in it, since it is not her original stone (nor would it be the setting, since she had to have the ring cut off)..and she''d be afraid to wear it to work etc.. because of it getting knocked around.. So she said eventually (probably after my wedding is over.. ) she wants a diamond band.

This is probably something like what she has in mind.. you know..a 5stone ring or something.. like this

7760.jpg

So I was waiting with my father for him to get his haircut today, because we were going out to lunch afterward.. and I was flipping through a bridal magazine And I got to a page of tacori wedding bands.. which were actually MENS WEDDING BANDS (But sometimes with tacori its hard to tell, their mens bands are a little frilly).. he makes me stop, and points to the pic that I''m attaching.. and informs me that my mother wants a band like that.. but pehaps that one would be too thick for her (its only 6mm or so! lol).. I told him that I thought that those might be mens bands, and tried to show him things that were more along the lines of what my mother was looking for.. but MEN ARE SOOOOO CLUELESS.. And yes, my father is a more clueless than average man, but just thinking about that GIANT band on my moms teeny little fingers (I get my size 3 fingers from her.. hers are a 4) makes me want to laugh..

Oh.. but then my father realized that the rings were Tacori and said Tacori would be too expensive anyway.. :).. Which it is.. but.. i just find it amusing that he can''t tell the difference between a mens and women''s diamond band, and somehow knows Tacori is a pricey brand..

mosmtacori7575 copy.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... Your dad is so cute! At least he''s trying!
2.gif
He''s probably thinking "Band with diamonds = women''s ring."

You know what this means though - you''re just going to have to shop with him and try on tons and tons of gorgeous diamond bands to find one for your mom! Darn...

9.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
MS ~ that made me laugh!! How cute in an utterly clueless kinda way!!! I think that generally everytime FI gets dressed I''m grateful that I picked out my ring... How fun that you''ll get to help shop for your mom though!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Aww that is awfully sweet of him.
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That is pretty cute about how clueless he was...
9.gif

Most men are just that. They may know us so well, but when it comes to jewelry, it''s not always on the spot. It''s a good thing he has you to help with this kinda thing.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue, now you get to be a diamond fairy too!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results