shape
carat
color
clarity

A comparison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Habo

Rough_Rock
Ok, so here is a bit of an update. I don''t know that anyone here remembers my previous post here but at the time I was considering using an heirloom diamond in an engagement ring. Though that diamond is quite nice I have decided to go in another direction and get a new diamond.

Here are a couple diamonds that look close to what I had in mind. They are almost identical. I am curious what the opinions of the regulars on here are about them. Whichever stone I eventually pick will end up in a yellow gold solitare setting. I am not limiting myself to just these two stones at this point but these seemed to be two of the better contenders from what I have seen so far.

Carat 1.047 1.048
Color J J
Clarity VS2 VS2
Measurements 6.60-6.62X3.99 6.59-6.61X4.00
Table % 56 56
Depth % 60.4 60.6
Polish Ideal Ideal
Symmetry Ideal Ideal
Girdle Thin to Medium Thin to Medium Faceted
Culet Pointed Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible Negligible

Both of them are AGS 0000 cut grades.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell you which stone is better, only that you will need to provide more info (crown and pavilion angle) from the cert in order for people to give you an informed opinion.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
earrings anyone?
Thats about as close as you can get to a matched set.

link the ideal-scope images.
one might be new line and one classic but even then the differences will be slight.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
both look good. i''d give Brian a call and have him compare the two diamonds and give his expert recommendation if these are your final 2 choices.

Best of luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
toss a coin!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 1:04:55 AM
Author: drkewl
both look good. i''d give Brian a call and have him compare the two diamonds and give his expert recommendation if these are your final 2 choices.

Best of luck!
Good advice.

I think you will be flipping a coin in the end.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results